The app that changed "it"!

1. Kenshi_blind_MDYH , via OnePlus 6T Midnight Black , Nov 7, 2019 :

elanglois

No. You are totally off base in calling me ignorant because you have no idea what I'm talking about.

When I say built-in music player, I mean the media playback API built into the Android operating system. Music players tell the OS what you want to play and the OS handles the actual decoding of the files and sending the digital data to the proper output device. I am not talking about an app! Because the OS does all the work, all music players will use the same amount of power, support the same files, and sound exactly the same.

Secondly, every Oneplus phone comes with a music player. Years ago, they shipped with two, but there is no point in including BOTH Google Play Music and also their own (poor quality app). But again, I'm not talking about an app.

Again ... there is nothing special about the app that would make it more or less suitable for particular headphones.​

let's agree to disagree
    i am not quite sure why you seem all bent on disputing my opinion.youre entitled to yours and I am entitled to mine
    I tried a couple of music player before settling on stellio and I said for me they work best with the bullet v2 earphones ..that is my opinion.
    one last time using the same codec/engine/ does not necessarily mean output will be the same , implementation and optimisation go a long way
    this will be my last reply on the matter
    have an awesome day/night

wizard19999 and MosheG1 like this.
  2. elanglois
    Lollipop Nov 7, 2019

elanglois , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Nov 7, 2019 :
    If it uses the built-in CODECs, the output will obviously be the same. There is no chance it can be any different. Dumbest thing you've said yet

SimBoi, shailendra5555 and MosheG1 like this.
  3. Kenshi_blind_MDYH , via OnePlus 6T Midnight Black , Nov 7, 2019 :
    tanks for calling me dumb...way to go.
    as I said earlier ,two cars having the same engine won't necessarily mean they perform the same or another analogy would be two games using the same engine let's say unreal engine would be identical in the way they perform (am not talking about art style or graphic here ) which is obviously not true

MosheG1 likes this.
  4. elanglois
    Lollipop Nov 7, 2019

Dude .... It's a CODEC. It's a damn math equation. 2+2=4 for all values of two. As long as the OS provides the codecs, the output is the same.

Not positive Stellio uses the built-in codecs, but it looks likely. It doesn't seem to have a shuffle play and the free 10 day trial is just a way to push ads onto my system. No thanks! I looked at it, and found it to be one of the worst.

And now you are a liar since you said you wouldn't keep discussing this, but you decided that two programs using the same codecs can somehow have different outputs. You should have just kept quiet like you promised. SMH

5. Kenshi_blind_MDYH , via OnePlus 6T Midnight Black , Nov 7, 2019 :

elanglois

Dude .... It's a CODEC. It's a damn math equation. 2+2=4 for all values of two. As long as the OS provides the codecs, the output is the same.

Not positive Stellio uses the built-in codecs, but it looks likely. It doesn't seem to have a shuffle play and the free 10 day trial is just a way to push ads onto my system. No thanks! I looked at it, and found it to be one of the worst.

And now you are a liar since you said you wouldn't keep discussing this, but you decided that two programs using the same codecs can somehow have different outputs. You should have just kept quiet like you promised. SMH​

dumb, liar...i wonder what else you'll come up with...so much aggression toward a post expressing an opinion..i guess you're of one those internet warriors
    cheers
    edit: stellio has shuffle play for what it's worth and again it might not be the best player but to ME it is
    1573127186487.jpg

6. MskSrini
    Froyo Nov 7, 2019

7. elanglois
    Lollipop Nov 7, 2019

You are free to have an opinion, and your opinions are welcome and free to share.

Telling me that two programs both using the OS playback CODECs will have different results and similar BS is what I have issue with. That's not an opinion. It's either right or wrong, and its just wrong.

Also, Stellio claims to support high res audio. I'm curious how since neither the default native API nor OpenSL support this and those are the only options. It seems to only play it back at the lower 48KHz rate.

8. elanglois
    Lollipop Nov 7, 2019

I'll second VLC. Its another app that uses its own CODECs and it has a TON of features. VLC is available on every platform you can imagine, not just your phone!

9. Kenshi_blind_MDYH , via OnePlus 6T Midnight Black , Nov 7, 2019 :
    if I may, it does play hi res audio
    see screenshot (that's a M4A file but I most of my music are in FLAC 192khz
    1573128595523.jpg

MosheG1 likes this.
  10. elanglois
    Lollipop Nov 7, 2019

Playing the file and playing it in high res are two different things.

What playback device are you using that supports 192Khz audio? You said you are using Bullets v2, those are analog headphones. If you are plugging those into the headphone jack on your phone, then you are only getting 48Khz audio. The built-in DAC on your phone doesn't support higher sample rates.

If that is your setup, you are literally throwing out 3/4 of that FLAC file right onto the floor. Why bother? You can save a LOT of space by using 48Khz files.

To hear those 192Khz files in full glory, you'll need an external USB DAC that supports the higher sample rates, and ... PowerAmp.

1573130061108.jpg

SimBoi and MosheG1 like this.
  11. Iamrohit.07
    Honeycomb Nov 7, 2019

Iamrohit.07 , via OnePlus 6 , Nov 7, 2019 :
    App Type : Music Player

An absolutely beautiful and handy app for music collectors and listeners with bunch of customisations and various modes for now playing screen.
    1573130511519.jpg

1573130511574.jpg

1573130511617.jpg

AppuRibu likes this.
  12. GowthamKotharu
    Donut Nov 7, 2019

GowthamKotharu , via OnePlus 7 , Nov 7, 2019 :
    APP TYPE: MUSIC PLAYER
    Hi all,
    I would like to share about my music player app which is "POWERAMP" available in play store. It's really a promising app which includes best features, especially for the equalizer there are lot of modes which makes you feel awe. There is a trail version available on play store everyone should try this, of it impress you then go for Pro which costs very less amount.

JohnStalker_CZ likes this.
  13. Kenshi_blind_MDYH , via OnePlus 6T Midnight Black , Nov 7, 2019 :

elanglois

Playing the file and playing it in high res are two different things.

What playback device are you using that supports 192Khz audio? You said you are using Bullets v2, those are analog headphones. If you are plugging those into the headphone jack on your phone, then you are only getting 48Khz audio. The built-in DAC on your phone doesn't support higher sample rates.

If that is your setup, you are literally throwing out 3/4 of that FLAC file right onto the floor. Why bother? You can save a LOT of space by using 48Khz files.

To hear those 192Khz files in full glory, you'll need an external USB DAC that supports the higher sample rates, and ... PowerAmp.

View attachment 1176699

I mainly use my PC which has a dedicated sound card to listen to music, I just copy the file on my phone to have them on the go , an old habit I picked up when I had my previous phone which was a vivo phone that had a dedicated DAC but I hear you

elanglois likes this.
  14. Ravi Krishan Meena
    Eclair Nov 7, 2019

15. riozero96
    Eclair Nov 7, 2019

riozero96 , Nov 7, 2019 :
    Apps type : Music Player, music downloader, lyrics, and support lossless/FLAC music

CSN/chiasenhac

1573134506608.jpg

1573134506667.jpg

1573134506721.jpg

1573134506752.jpg

1573134506795.jpg

1573134506827.jpg

jp2373 and Viraaj00 like this.
  16. L1561050566662
    Cupcake Nov 7, 2019

Aaqil G and mrjmartin like this.
  17. mrjmartin
    Froyo Nov 7, 2019

mrjmartin , via OnePlus 6 , Nov 7, 2019 :
    APP TYPE: EMOJI

APP NAME: BITMOJI

Love this app for when you want to personalize emojis. It integrates with Gboard and hopefully others as time continues. However, you can always copy and paste it in any other text messaging app. After taking a few pictures, you get a personalized avatar. From there, you have many options to dress them up. The expressions are crazy but appropriate. Link listed below.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bitstrips.imoji

18. zerobeatpro1
    Eclair Nov 7, 2019

19. SubhashNayak
    Honeycomb Nov 7, 2019

SubhashNayak , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Nov 7, 2019 :
    Loved the crossfade. Changed my default from Pi music player to this! Thanks

Pranjal.Goel.16 likes this.
  20. zerobeatpro1
    Eclair Nov 7, 2019