The bamboo has landed!

1. pazmataz
    Froyo Feb 17, 2015

pazmataz , Feb 17, 2015 :
    Thought I'd share some pics as requested of the much anticipated (by me anyway) bamboo styleswap which I must say I love. Yes it's expensive compared to other cases but it feels wonderfully engineered and ultimately it's not too expensive if you get pleasure from something without regret.
    FYI, I'm UK based, ordered late on 10th Feb, arrived yesterday, 16th Feb, so less than a week, including a weekend in the middle.
    Let me know if you have any questions.

Oh and of course a MASSIVE thanks to the wonderful person who gave me their bamboo invite..thanks very much @sakibthegreat, here are the pictures you requested!

If anyone has suggestions for the perfect bumper I'd love to hear them - I don't want a case (even the clear ones like Orzly) for this as I love the texture of the bamboo. Rather I want a bumper, a silicone or rubber one (the aluminium ones don't fit I understand) that will protect the corners without covering the back.

Attached Files:

2. texhead
    Froyo Feb 17, 2015

pazmataz likes this.
  3. robertandrews
    Cupcake Feb 17, 2015

robertandrews , Feb 17, 2015 :
    Good that it covers top and bottom. But surely bad that, as it seems it leaves the chrome front edge exposed to drops?

pazmataz likes this.
  4. Toulouse
    KitKat Feb 17, 2015

pazmataz likes this.
  5. dadys
    Honeycomb Feb 17, 2015

pazmataz likes this.
  6. enniop
    Froyo Feb 17, 2015

pazmataz likes this.
  7. pazmataz
    Froyo Feb 17, 2015

yup it does, makes it look completely different, the colour of the bamboo makes it feel very light and Scandinavian, also it's a tiny bit thicker than the Silk white or Sandstone so feels every so slightly different too, a bit more to grip onto

sakibthegreat likes this.
  8. pazmataz
    Froyo Feb 17, 2015

no, it's basically a replacement back cover so protects it no more than the original silk or sandstone. which is why I'm desperately after a flexible bumper that will protect the corners. I've got the nilken glass protector for the front

@robertandrews you're right it doesn't protect the chrome, which aside form the glass is one of the most easily damaged/chipped parts of the phone. But I can't bear to put a full case on it

9. dadys
    Honeycomb Feb 17, 2015

10. 16por9
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 17, 2015

pazmataz likes this.
  11. pazmataz
    Froyo Feb 18, 2015

pazmataz , Feb 18, 2015 :
    Good suggestion - I have that case already, in blue - used it before I got the bamboo and liked the fact it was so thin and the material is non slippy. But as mentioned I only want a bumper to cover the frame of the phone not the back, a bit like this (http://oneplusoneaccessories.com/dayjoy-aluminum-oneplus-one-bumper/) but a silicone or rubber one because the aluminium one does not fit bamboo

12. azp3
    Jelly Bean Feb 18, 2015

azp3 , Feb 18, 2015 :
    Nice pics. Welcome to the bamboo club.
    (We don't have meetings).

keessonnema likes this.
  13. shizzyb93
    Honeycomb Feb 18, 2015

shizzyb93 , Feb 18, 2015 :
    Putting a case over the bamboo defeats the purpose of buying the bamboo styleswap. A clear case or bumper works

Nice pics btw

pazmataz likes this.
  14. Deactivated User
    Feb 18, 2015

pazmataz likes this.
  15. erzengelsachiel
    KitKat Feb 18, 2015

erzengelsachiel , Feb 18, 2015 :
    Ordered mine on Friday! Can't wait for it to come in!

pazmataz likes this.
  16. Deactivated User
    Feb 18, 2015

pazmataz likes this.
  17. DaxNagtegaal
    Marshmallow Feb 18, 2015

DaxNagtegaal , Feb 18, 2015 :
    Orlzy fusion bumper is pretty nice, have a look.

Looks sweet man, welcome to the club :) our bamboos look similar, another guy had a crazy pattern of darker spots and lines it looked sick as hell. I love how all these covers are unique.

pazmataz likes this.
  18. keessonnema
    KitKat Feb 18, 2015

19. Lunatasian
    KitKat Feb 18, 2015

OALEXANDER likes this.
  20. OALEXANDER
    Nougat Assistant Head Moderator Feb 18, 2015

Lunatasian, TeamValor91 and pazmataz like this.