The best iPhone since iPhone

?

What do you think about specs now?

1. OMG specs are everything!

31 vote(s)
    47.0%
  2. This actually makes sense. Specs aren't everything.

35 vote(s)
    53.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jony Ive
    Froyo Sep 20, 2014

Jony Ive , Sep 20, 2014 :
    You're right... but you Android users LOVE to do it...

Zen1988 and amartens181 like this.
  2. mydroid
    KitKat Sep 20, 2014

mydroid , Sep 20, 2014 :
    specs is the minute I put 8mp into photoshop vs a 20mp sony there isn't much to compare... I use mp all the time at work without it my job will suck badly which is why HTC's 4mp no matter how doesn't cut it. all photos can be manipulated to look good but raw images doesn't lie which is why SLRs still exists. 8mp will do for selfies but not for me period.

specs vs optimization - apple ios in highly optimized only for apple
    android is open hence all have a free go - open up ios for everyone then we shall see how highly optimized ios will be at the hands of HTC, Samsung, Sony etc...

by the way a Sony Xperia T2 with 1GB RAM is as smooth as a Iphone 5s so what does that says?

IWantOneNow likes this.
  3. jkbhso3
    Jelly Bean Sep 20, 2014

jkbhso3 , Sep 20, 2014 :
    Just get the hell out of here. You wanted a discussion and now it's about status.

4. bbqlips
    Froyo Sep 20, 2014

5. np3est8x
    Honeycomb Sep 20, 2014

np3est8x , Sep 20, 2014 :
    Specs don't mean anything to me. As I have learned from both Apple and Android. If I'm paying $XxX amount, the thing better do what I want it to do.

For the android lovers bashing apple lovers and vice versa..that shit will never end.

To each his own. Right?

6. dcmcc24
    KitKat Sep 20, 2014

4nlimited3dition and IWantOneNow like this.
  7. LwmH22
    Froyo Sep 20, 2014

Jony Ive likes this.
  8. Jony Ive
    Froyo Sep 20, 2014

Hear yourself...

What business man would CUT margins DRASTICALLY, to add in specs that AREN'T needed to preform as intended?

Only one sentence was needed for this.

9. JosiahSnarr
    Gingerbread Sep 20, 2014

JosiahSnarr , Sep 20, 2014 :
    Actually, you should really use that search button on the top right.

A graduate from my program went to work at Apple in CA, he went through many tough interviews where they went and rigorously tested every aspect of his skills. Iunderstand the quality and dedication that goes into these products, but I don't understand how that's worth a grand for a phone that's just like MILLIONS of others. The only thing Apple has is dedicated programmers and quality assurance on new apps to ensure reliability and efficiency of apps. The beauty of Android that no Apple lover seems to understand is the love to try new things. Sure something like Android may not be as robust programming-wise, but it's the essence of freedom. The freedom to oplay around with your OS and have some fun with it. The freedom to buy stupid little apps that some kid made who had no concept of algorithms and optimization.

Apple to many android users is the representation of following the crowd. For many Android users, it is simply the statement that they will not follow the crowd, but they would rather join something that has value and a merit to their inclusion. I have no doubt that the iPhone is well made, and as an electronics engineer I applaud the designers and programmers of iOS, but it is atitudes of people like you (which many Anrdoid users have similar attitudes because of this very thing), the attitudes of people who buy it without thinking about what the cost is worth, and the unmerited cost of the iPhone itself (or any Apple product for that matter) that leaves me unwilling to purchase an iPhone.

nCode and bbqlips like this.
  10. quasgire
    Honeycomb Sep 20, 2014

quasgire , Sep 20, 2014 :
    Jesus Christ, someone REALLY wants to prove a point. He has literally one argument and whenever someone tries to add a rebuttal he shoots them down with the exact same argument he started with, almost always irrelevant to the rebuttal in question. Biased tryhard needs to step off his high horse and realize that there are little to no Android users who think Android is better for just the specs.

In addition, according to Mr. Jony, this is all about specs, but it appears to me he's comparing performance, not specs. That's another argument alltogether and mant variables are to be considered since there are ways to drasticslly enhance/decrease your Android's performance (unlike the iPhone).

tl;Dr trash post, rude and uninformed poster, nothing is proven for either side as a result of this post.

11. Jony Ive
    Froyo Sep 20, 2014

Pretty good. Not much better than our iPhones with half the specs. Was my point proven?

12. Jony Ive
    Froyo Sep 20, 2014

When was my post about Price... re-read my thread... you are completely off topic.

13. dcmcc24
    KitKat Sep 20, 2014

dcmcc24 , Sep 20, 2014 :
    Shouldn't a phone that is almost 3 times the price perform better? Also the OPO is pushing a higher resolution. This is also a phone that came out 4 months after the OPO.

14. gmo8492
    Lollipop Sep 20, 2014

gmo8492 , Sep 20, 2014 :
    Are you related to @TimCookBoss ?

IWantOneNow likes this.
  15. Krista
    Honeycomb Sep 20, 2014

Krista , Sep 20, 2014 :
    I make a very decent salary, but I will still buy an android phone before apple, and I will buy a OPO before a G3 because it is running cyanogen and it has more bang for the buck. Some is us like to actually control the devices that we _own_ rather than being locked into apple's proprietary 'apple knows best' attitude. Android is open source and flexible in ways that apple devices will never be because apple is catering to the lowest common denominator...those who want to push pretty buttons and are happy to do as apple allows them to.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014

16. mydroid
    KitKat Sep 20, 2014

mydroid , Sep 20, 2014 :
    [​IMG]

guess what this phone is as fast & smooth as an iphone 5s I have one I know nice retina 720p does the job of being super smooth also less bloatware helps too. still doesn't make any justification of pricing for an iphone though. same experience from this phone at way less the price.

17. zt4949
    Froyo Sep 20, 2014

zt4949 , Sep 20, 2014 :
    I don't have anything to add, Jony. Clearly you are more passionate about phones than I am. I can appreciate a well-organized post. My question (and you don't have to answer given it is not concerning your argument): why does this matter so much to you? If android users are indeed brainwashed or whatever, then why not let them be brainwashed? Competition is good for everyone.

18. mydroid
    KitKat Sep 20, 2014

mydroid , Sep 20, 2014 :
    I too had a pet commodore! brits rocks back then...

bbqlips likes this.
  19. Jony Ive
    Froyo Sep 20, 2014

Oh really? that's Android users ONLY argument (oh price and customization)... Don't believe me... go watch any iPhone 6 video on YouTube and read the comments. Those Android users fly in with "OUTDATED SPECS, 1GB RAM... MY PHONE HAS 3GB OF RAM.... WOW ONLY 8MP CAMERA"

20. Phonie
    Gingerbread Sep 20, 2014

Phonie , Sep 20, 2014 :
    Actually 1440p is 4 times as many pixels as 720p not double