The big question after months 9 or 9 pro?

?

In terms of camera 9 or 9 Pro?

1. OP9

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. OP9 Pro

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Estelwen
    Froyo Jul 15, 2021

Estelwen , Jul 15, 2021 :
    Hi,

I have been waiting months to buy a new phone and seeing the reviews, I kept postponing it. I wanted oneplus to work their magic and fix the problems as much as possible. I am still super unsure whether 9ro is worth the extra buck. So I am asking for help. The reason why I still can't decide is that the main factor for me is the camera. Is 9 Pro really worth the extra?

Caomhin likes this.
  2. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jul 15, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jul 15, 2021 :
    You will get answers to this question from many different angles. Some will say no as it still has issues.

My personal feedback would be that my 9 Pro 12Gb/256Gb has none of the issues experienced by others here on the Community forum, and as there has been a lot of these phones sold, those who do have issues are in the minority.

For example if there was 1 million 9 Pros out there, it's only the high hundreds or low thousands who are reporting issues. Some of those issues would possibly be configurations on the phones.

The SD888 is said to run hot generally, other phones by other manufacturers are also experiencing some heat issues with this CPU/SOC. However its probably in the low percentages as well.

My phone never heats up, then again I don't do gaming, but I did try Pubg once ran it for half an hour and didn't experience any heat or lag or any of those issues.

My Op 9 Pro runs smooth and extremely fast. Not so much as a stutter. LTPO Screen at 120Hz and QHD+ is just a delight to look at. Battery life is exceptional and charging is extremely fast. Everything just functions as it should.

Now I am sure others will give an opposite view, but this is how my OP 9 Pro is functioning up to now and I can't fault it in any way whatsoever.

3. Does!Compute
    KitKat Jul 15, 2021

Does!Compute , Jul 15, 2021 :
    Tbh, neither. The 9 Pro is overpriced (plus has a ton of issues), while the 9 has too many shortcomings to be considered seriously.
    At that price, I'd rather look at the S21 series, or the iPhone 12. If you'd prefer a smaller phone, then the Asus Zenfone 8 is an excellent choice, and you'd save a lot of money too.

Aaron2017 likes this.
  4. schnc04
    Froyo Jul 15, 2021

schnc04 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jul 15, 2021 :
    I think your OnePlus is special every one in the world is facing heating and battery backup issue but only you are not facing anything

Niklasg85 and sritejkoduru like this.
  5. Caomhin

The whole world you say 🤷‍♂️. Who could possibly know that you knew everyone with an 9 Pro around the whole world.

Plenty on here saying they have no issues, as well as some who say they do. 👍

Aaron2017 and Sheppards like this.
  6. schnc04
    Froyo Jul 15, 2021

7. Caomhin

There are a few active threads. Of a million or more phones out there there are a few hundred having issues. As mentioned already, some issues are with the phone others are with customisations made after the phone was purchased.
    So it's not the Whole world as you state, its you and a few of your mates. Many more of us have OP 9 Pro's that work fine with no issues. As many have also stated across these threads.

However if you do have issue. Please do contact OnePlus support to see what they can do for you and or use the feedback section to inform the Developers on what issues you have. You have many avenues to get in touch directly with Oneplus to see what they can do for you. 👍

WellKristOff and Aaron2017 like this.
  8. Mau9P
    Gingerbread Jul 15, 2021

Mau9P , Jul 15, 2021 :
    Please take into account that very likely only who _has_ issues posts about his/her bad experience. I'm sure there are lots of people out there not experiencing any issue, just like @Caomhin and me...

WellKristOff and Caomhin like this.
  9. Sheppards
    Jelly Bean Jul 15, 2021

Sheppards , via OnePlus 7T , Jul 15, 2021 :
    I've been to Greece for 2 weeks

35 degrees celsius average, blazing sunlight.

My friends iPhone Xs was dimming the screen because of overheating, and draining battery, while my 7t was working without issues, only once I saw the "flash disabled due to high temperature" warning, but I was taking photos non stop

Now, there are a lot of people complaining about overheating OnePlus 7t's here. Why isn't my phone overheating? In 35 celsius and constant use?

Aaron2017 and Caomhin like this.
  10. WellKristOff
    Froyo Jul 16, 2021

WellKristOff , Jul 16, 2021 :
    I'd just like to add that I have had no issues with my 9 Pro. No issues with overheating or anything else, I would recommend it to anyone.

Caomhin likes this.
  11. sritejkoduru
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 16, 2021

12. NikisSmikis
    Cupcake Aug 3, 2021

13. Danirasm
    Donut Aug 3, 2021

Danirasm , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Aug 3, 2021 :
    I would go with the 9 pro. For me there where some minor issues when I bought it in April. After some updates the phone is ok.
    I wish there would be better battery life and that the throttling would not be the there. Because it can be a pain in the assssss, sometimes, to surf the net via browser.

Except that I'm very pleased. Good camera, good screen and so on and so on.