The Bullets wireless 2, can they keep up?

1. johneebee
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Jul 1, 2019

johneebee , Jul 1, 2019 :
    header BW2 review.png

Introduction:

Hey people!
    As my goal was to test the BW2 as much as possible I incorporated them as much as possible into my life. So for the people who might be interested here’s an idea of how much I used them and what I used them for during the week and weekends.

On a work day:

I wake up at 6.30 and before I have breakfast I put on my BW2 and in case they have less than 30% charge I charge them up while having breakfast for 20 minutes and by the time I have to leave they’re charged up to about 60-80% and I know I don’t have to worry about them for the rest of the day. If they don’t need charging I usually enjoy using them to listen to a youtube podcast while eating.
    I leave by 7 am for work for a 40 minutes bike ride that goes by superfast with some good tunes, making me start the day with a great mood! :D
    As an intern in the hospital I sometimes use them to look up a youtube video of a procedure I feel I don’t know enough about or just to relax while I have a short lunchbreak.
    Next at 6pm I leave for another fun bike ride enjoying the sun and the BW2. One of the reasons I love using them while biking is because they don’t block out all the sound which makes me feel safe that I would be able to hear my surroundings.
    Then when I’m home, I continue listening to them while cooking and doing other household chores.

This usually ends up in me using them for about 3-4 hours a day. Which means I usually only have to charge them once every 4 days. Love that battery life!!!

During the weekend:

For my hobbies during the weekend I end up having to take public transport for 4 hours in total. Which I take full advantage off by catching up on some Netflix episodes with the help of my BW 2.

This all ends up in me using and testing the earbuds 21,5 hours a week ( a full charge and a half :p ). With the fact that I’ve been testing them for a few months now, I feel like I have a feel about what they can do.

So here are my findings:

Design and comfort
    The design and craftmanship of the new bullets looks and feels sturdy and premium. They look appealing with their matte and glossy finish and feel great both in the hands and in the ears.

IMG_20190627_143830.jpg

The cable is long enough but not annoyingly long and the buttons are easy to find by touch alone(although a bit more tactile texture on the play/pause button would be nice in my opinion).

IMG_20190627_145320.jpg

The earphones do fit easily in my ears thanks to the new design, but as some one who likes to work out allot, I have to admit that this isn't what they're made for. I personally prefer earphones with wings (fins) over a (well-)shaped plastic body to fit perfectly in my outer ear. But when you're just walking or staying in place as they're made for, the earbuds sit comfortable and won't come out.

IMG_20190627_151339.jpg

That being said, I wore the bullets wireless sometimes for 3 hours on end (even when working out) and never really felt like they were painful or unpleasant in the ears.

Sound Quality
    Let me start by telling you that I used both my Oneplus 7 pro and laptop (HP pavilion) to test the bullets wireless 2. I mostly used them for listening to spotify and Netflix on my commutes.

Thanks to the upgraded structure in the Oneplus Bullets wireless 2, these actually do give a sensation of bass and sound quality overall is improved significantly to the last version. That being said, the bass is still not the best one out there but its definitely is the best one I've tested in this price category!

In order to get the best sound quality, volume and least amount of environment noise, it’s important to find a perfect fit of earbuds so I encourage you to try out the different earbuds that come included in the box. I for one have large ears, and used the ones that came out of the box for a long while before switching to some large earbuds, and it made an amazing difference in quality!!!

The frequency limits I could hear with the Oneplus Bullets wireless 2 were between 39- 19266HRZ. This of course could be due to personal factors and someone else with better hearing could possibly get an even bigger range on this test but I do get a bigger range both in the upper and lower frequency capabilities with the new earphones which is definitely positive!

The new bullets wireless 2 go loud enough just like it’s predecessor but actually get louder if need be. In a quiet room I usually put them in 20-36% max volume for listening to both podcasts and music so the new bullets easily get loud enough even in noisy places.

Convenient Control
    Pairing the Oneplus bullets wireless 2 was easy just like pairing any other Bluetooth device trough the menu for adding a Bluetooth device or on Oneplus devices even easier with the “Quick Pair” function. The Bullets wireless 2 paired just as easy to a non- android device like my HP laptop and the volume buttons work just as well on there as they do on my 7pro.

Magnetic control works like a charm. When detaching the magnets, the bullets reconnect to the last device they were connected to within seconds (or go in pairing mode if that device isn’t available). What’s more the magnets are smaller than the first version but they actually are clearly stronger magnets and pause music/ videos when connecting them. When you want to resume playback they autostart when detaching them so you don’t have to push the play/pause button (this last part only works on Oneplus devices)

IMG_20190627_143735.jpg

By clicking the pair shortcut key twice you can easily switch to the last paired device, which makes it easy and fast to switch from my phone to my laptop when I come home.

IMG_20190627_144016.jpg

Volume keys work great on both my smartphone and my laptop, and the play pause button does exactly what it should on my smartphone. Also tapping twice on the play/pause button makes you easily skip a song/ video clip when you want to.

Battery
    The battery amazed me! By only charging the Bullets for 10 minutes they last up to 10 hours!!! Way more than I ever need in a day. The fact that the battery capacity was improved upon was more than clear, I was told that the battery would last 14 hours, now I think I went well over that! This makes it a delight that you don’t have to charge these that much. It would be nice though to have a possibility to see a more detailed battery percentage somehow than only amounts deviating by 20% and maybe even an estimated listening time in the future.

It takes me about 42 minutes to charge from 0 to 100% (with a USB type- C cable) , but with 10 minutes of charging it's already providing me with 10 hours of playtime this really never is an inconvenience.

IMG_20190627_144904.jpg

That all being said, these are my new go to earphones who I now carry with me to wherever I go and which are a joy to listen to, keep on the good work Oneplus and please keep never settling!

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019

2. DARTH 007
    KitKat Jul 1, 2019

3. johneebee

DARTH 007

what about audio lags in video playback​

I haven't noticed any audiolag at all while watching videos or when gaming. The only lag I notice sometimes is a 1 seconde input lag when pressing the play/pause button to start music/videos ( hoping this will get better with software updates)

4. C1541216782613
    Cupcake Jul 1, 2019

Rakesh Kumar Thakur likes this.
  5. YRJ
    Lollipop Jul 1, 2019

YRJ , Jul 1, 2019 :
    This is strange because while I used the BW2 there was considerable amount of lag in PUBG. I don't play PUBG I did just for the sake of the review, so it's okay but is your unit a test unit?

6. johneebee

mine is indeed a test unit but I was told that apart from the fact that it came without the box that it is the same (minus the pouch, the cable and extra earbuds)

that being said, I've seen others complain about lag in PUBG so I'll try it out and come back to you

Rakesh Kumar Thakur and YRJ like this.
  7. Prabal_titanium27
    Eclair Jul 1, 2019

8. johneebee

If you want to know where to buy them: on the official oneplus website in the online "store".

or were you asking if I recommend them?

Rakesh Kumar Thakur likes this.
  9. Prabal_titanium27
    Eclair Jul 1, 2019

Prabal_titanium27 , Jul 1, 2019 :
    Yeah i was kinda asking if you would recommend them for me as i dont have workout regime but need them for daily movies and music time.

10. johneebee

For daily movies and music they're great, especially for their price point. Are they the best earbuds I've tested? No, but they are the best under 100 dollars/ euro, although the only thing I've truely noticed to be better in pricier earbuds was bass, which I personally don't find very important for media and the type of music I listen to, havn't noticed better audio quality in pricier earphones.
    And if bass is what you're looking for I would always recommend headphones over earphones!
    Indeed for working out, especially running they do fall out once in a while, so I wouldn't recommend them for working out. (had no problem while biking, which is when I use them the most)

11. Prabal_titanium27
    Eclair Jul 1, 2019

Prabal_titanium27 , Jul 1, 2019 :
    Great, thanks for the help man! This is gonna affect my decision. I guess i'l just buy them when they are in offer or something like that?

johneebee likes this.
  12. E1514948588054
    Cupcake Jul 1, 2019

E1514948588054 , Jul 1, 2019 :
    I am not sure about the wireless 2 but sure wireless 1 isn't as per the expectations.

I work out alot in morning and I sweat.it worked well in starting for 4-5 months (in winter period) as soon as summer started and I strated sweating more, my earphone started acting up. In the middle of the workout it will increase the volume and blast my ears along with the annoying beep of increasing voice.

it keeps on making that beep with volume at Max. I can't tell you how much it irritates me, if I am lifting heavy and this whole thing will take my concentration away make me want to smash my earphones.

I have to push buttons and hope to make that annoying beep stop, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. I can't help but feel angry at them. it will work for 10-15 minutes and then that beep comes up and ruins my workout.

So, about your question "The bullet wireless 2, can they keep up..?? "- I hope you make them at least sweat or dirt resistance if not splash resistance.

13. Vishal ch
    Cupcake Jul 1, 2019

Vishal ch , Jul 1, 2019 :
    OnePlus 7 is awesome

14. FlixbusLennart
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jul 1, 2019

FlixbusLennart , Jul 1, 2019 :
    Set another codec and you're good I think.

15. Sopheak_Noun
    Donut Jul 1, 2019

Sopheak_Noun , Jul 1, 2019 :
    the design is great but the sound quality is far from the 18USD HTC high resolution cable in-ear.
    1561993053804.jpg

16. H1561994583560
    Cupcake Jul 1, 2019

17. blueskywhale
    Honeycomb Jul 1, 2019

blueskywhale , Jul 1, 2019 :
    yes there's is also Lag in BW1 and also in BW2 I'm using another wired headset for playing PUBG

18. moskito99
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 1, 2019

moskito99 , Jul 1, 2019 :
    How about true wireless like the jbl oder apple? If BT, I don't want any cables

windmill81 likes this.
  19. Abdul_Aziz544
    Cupcake Jul 1, 2019

20. johneebee

I played a couple of hours of PUBG and others games now and indeed can't deny the fact that their is a pretty significant lag and sadly it's not only in PUBG! Will report this

TysonSW and buntycubal like this.