The camera is terrible and virtually unusable! via OnePlus 8T T-Mobile

1. RoldosA
    Froyo Feb 11, 2021

RoldosA , via OnePlus 8T T-Mobile , Feb 11, 2021 :
    Please tell me you guys are using a different camera app? The images that come from the native app and the Instagram API are absolutely terrible, it's embarrassing. Coming from the Google Pixel, it's been a while since I tried a 3rd party manufacturer. I've been a Nexus/Pixel faithful from the beginning. But this year, Google opted to release a very meh phone, so I thought I'd give this a go.

I think the phone performs phenomenally. I would still prefer Vanilla Android, but I can live with Oxygen. I can't with this camera however. Absolutely not. What camera app are you guys using?

2. Best Answer
    jefin , via OnePlus 8T Aquamarine Green , Feb 11, 2021 :
    It's not that awful for me btw, because I'm not a fan of 'accurate colours'. The 8T performs decently in well lit conditions and in those conditions I'm not even able to spot differences between the iPhone 12 and my 8T.
    Coming to to indoor lighting conditions-the 8T is just pathetic just like other OnePlus devices(lot of grains,less details,over smoothening)

Btw, I use GCam for taking indoor pics😅. You can't use wide angle lens in GCam but, it's better for indoor shooting.. You can find GCam mod in the XDA developers site.

👍

RoldosA likes this.

4. Nipu_1998
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Nord 2 Feb 11, 2021

Nipu_1998 , Feb 11, 2021 :
    The camera is not that bad in my experience.
    Gives some pretty good results. (Not something of a flagship level, but good and usable images are produced)

5. psygarden
    OnePlus TV Product Ninja 2021 Feb 11, 2021

6. RoldosA
    Froyo Feb 11, 2021

RoldosA , via OnePlus 8T T-Mobile , Feb 11, 2021 :
    I will try this GCam out, thank you!

jefin_s_jeevan likes this.