The CEO Speaks. The Pete Lau Interview (Part I)

1. keithnyc
    Lollipop Moderator Jul 16, 2018

keithnyc , Jul 16, 2018 :
    what a great job, mate. Wonderful read with great content. Looking forward to the next installment. And thanks for coordinating @Eric Gass You need to bring Pete, David Y and cheetos out to NYC with you next time!

pa5t1s, Zaphodrocks, Bobbie63 and 7 others like this.
  2. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jul 16, 2018

3. manuel19
    KitKat Jul 16, 2018

manuel19 , Jul 16, 2018 :
    Awesome post CD, thank you so much for this! Really looking forward to read the second part! :D

Bobbie63, script, Cheetosdust and 4 others like this.
  4. Venky61
    Jelly Bean Jul 16, 2018

Venky61 , Jul 16, 2018 :
    This is amazing.....Loved reading it. Waiting eagerly for Part-II :D
    Thank you @Cheetosdust for this.

5. MarcioReis87
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 16, 2018

Cheetosdust, otto2 and superplus like this.
  6. youbi
    Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Jul 16, 2018

youbi , Jul 16, 2018 :
    I guess you just stayed true to your avatar, once a thumbs down guy you will always be a thumbs down guy. :p

This is just the first part, so better wait for the full content. But you got me a bit curious, what did you expect exactly from this interview that could have made you give it a thumbs up? ;)

Yep, I guess most can see it too, we even have the usual thumbs down guys doing their usual stunts, this time it seems they even brought a so called BS alarm... :eek:

Nice to see some things never change no matter what. :p

Now a bit more serious, I do feel this is a nice idea for this community, and I'm glad that @Cheetosdust got to be the one to do it. You may not like the responses you just read, but they came from the person being interviewed, and obviously @Pete is free to just say what he thinks. ;)

Once again nice work @Cheetosdust. :)

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018

7. Eslavath_Roshan
    Honeycomb Jul 16, 2018

8. Ceasedd
    Marshmallow Jul 16, 2018

Ceasedd , Jul 16, 2018 :
    The Peter"" test ,lol

pa5t1s, Bobbie63, nyzproof333 and 3 others like this.
  9. Ceasedd
    Marshmallow Jul 16, 2018

Ceasedd , Jul 16, 2018 :
    Hellooo salty,are your bullshit alarms between your buttcheeks? loool! Stinky alarms..ha ha ha

pa5t1s, Bobbie63, nyzproof333 and 3 others like this.
  10. Shivang Joshi
    Starting Point Expert Jul 16, 2018

11. Drewbikscube
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Jul 16, 2018

Drewbikscube , Jul 16, 2018 :
    Interesting interview @Cheetosdust & @Pete. Much appreciated! A great read and great insight into the life of being CEO at OnePlus. I particularly enjoyed the reference to wireless charging "without compromises". I agree, currently there are too many compromises with wireless charging and it can be improved significantly provided a company takes the time to engineer and deliver something better. The market is inundated with many wireless charging options, but few devices do this "well". Even Samsung's "fast" wireless charging could be significantly improved. Devices overheat and wireless charging never seems consistent. Looking forward to see how OnePlus can innovate here.

Regarding the Bullets Wireless Earphones, I had a few questions that came to mind that I'd like to see OnePlus elaborate on if possible.

I'm curious as to what technologies are leveraged in manufacturing OnePlus devices and accessories. Is OnePlus using a specific ERP to manage their operations and distribution ? What continuous improvement activities take place following a successful product launch like the bullets wireless earphones? What steps are taken to ensure the next NEW product launch goes even smoother? How does OnePlus specifically plan for demand ?

I'm rambling now, sorry! :) Thanks again Cheetodust for this interview!

Bobbie63, buntycubal, Venky61 and 5 others like this.
  12. rarog
    Lollipop Senior Moderator Jul 16, 2018

13. Cheetosdust

Cheetosdust , Jul 16, 2018 :
    Thank you so much for all your words so far. :)

I truly feel the OnePlus staff members that made this possible deserve all the love here - and on the previous interviews too.

I won't forget they could simply said no or nothing at all. :cool:

14. Yashshah_36
    Honeycomb Jul 16, 2018

Cheetosdust likes this.
  15. risky1301
    Lollipop Jul 16, 2018

risky1301 , Jul 16, 2018 :
    No words right now, it is amazing how a simple thread and post can produce such results. Thank @Cheetosdust for this insight and interview and thank you to @Pete for taking time to entertain us, well done!!!

script and Cheetosdust like this.
  16. Cheetosdust

Cheetosdust , Jul 16, 2018 :
    Hello,

thank you. At the moment, I don't have any more interviews planned, no :)

Thank you so much for those words :)

17. nyzproof333
    KitKat Jul 16, 2018

nyzproof333 , Jul 16, 2018 :
    Yeah I'm a thumbs down guy when I see stunts like this crap "interview".

Check this out....it appears that the "community" (even mods) don't care as much about this "interview" you all praise. What did this answer that this one didn't a month ago?

The answer....nothing. Where were you all then?

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...e-lau-plays-by-his-own-rules-and-wins.851007/

I think I see some folks in this thread thumping him for his answers to the "community" (90 days ago). Yet you want to hear more? He should want to share more?

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/our-approach-to-honest-design.824059/page-3

Yep, thumbs down guy here when I see trash.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018

G_plusone, AcmE85 and pa5t1s like this.
  18. marinobiagio
    KitKat Jul 16, 2018

19. nyzproof333
    KitKat Jul 16, 2018

pa5t1s likes this.
  20. marinobiagio
    KitKat Jul 16, 2018