The CEO Speaks. The Pete Lau Interview (Part I)

1. youbi
    Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Jul 16, 2018

youbi , Jul 16, 2018 :
    So you are comparing an interview made by a fashion magazine to an interview done by someone from our community? To be honest I find them quite different in their goal and purpose, but hey, I must be a glass half full kind of guy. ;)

And why should we mods care about a GQ interview more than one by a member of this community? :confused:

You actually didn't replied to what I asked so I will do it again. If you are criticizing this interview done by someone from this community, why not trying to be constructive for a change and ask the questions that you feel it would make this interview worth of a thumbs up by you? Usually being constructive is harder than being destructive, but in the end it tends to pay off. :)

Maybe who knows if you may actually get some answers. ;)

2. nyzproof333
    KitKat Jul 16, 2018

nyzproof333 , Jul 16, 2018 :
    Me too!

marinobiagio likes this.
  3. nyzproof333
    KitKat Jul 16, 2018

I wouldn't make a fuss and waste anyone's time (especially a CEO or Co-Founder) by asking them "how hard is it to be a CEO". Really? "How many months do you start using the new phone".

This is what was so important????:confused:o_O:rolleyes:

I vote that if @Cheetosdust opens another dumb*ss thread like he did yesterday it be closed immediately.

4. Shivang Joshi
    Starting Point Expert Jul 16, 2018

Shivang Joshi , Jul 16, 2018 :
    One vote vs the rest.....doesn't matter!

5. Cheetosdust

Cheetosdust , Jul 16, 2018 :
    No worries, it's your opinion. Thank you for sharing it ;)

6. nyzproof333
    KitKat Jul 16, 2018

Maybe next we can ask him what kind of dental floss he uses? Or maybe if he eats his pea's one by one or scoops them in multiples?

Let's shout from the roof tops that "We need to talk" so I can find out that crucial bit of info from a busy CEO (or Co-Founder) on behalf of the "community".

:confused:o_O

pa5t1s likes this.
  7. SoniaB
    Nougat Senior Moderator Jul 16, 2018

SoniaB , Jul 16, 2018 :
    I don't get the big deal regarding this interview nor your animosity towards it.
    So someone from the community decided to interview Pete and has posted the first part of that interview here. This is the OnePlus forum.

He is allowed to base his questions on what he was interested in knowing about. Pete chose to answer those questions.

Cheetos is not trying to win a Pulitzer.

Also, just because it may seem like a "dumba$$" thread to you, and you are allowed to express your opinion, does not mean you can just keep posting negatively towards the thread or the thread starter. There is no need to be rude.

If you cannot offer constructive critique and you don't like this thread, then stop posting in here. You are creating a negative environment for those that do want to read the thread.

8. Android450
    Marshmallow Jul 16, 2018

Android450 , Jul 16, 2018 :
    As always, I'm amazed at your writing ability and how far you try to go for this community. Thank you for this as "Trivial" information as it may sound to some it definitely looked like fun :)

9. Shivang Joshi

Why do you worry so much about them when they are ready to give their time for these interviews? They could have said no, but they didn't. So, they don't mind giving these interviews and giving their time, then why do you mind such things?

You just want to get the negativity out of everything, then so be it. Try to see world with a positive perspective. Just stop criticizing people who are working to put out such content!

10. nyzproof333
    KitKat Jul 16, 2018

If you saw the thread yesterday you may understand more about this. It sounded urgent he speak with Carl but got Pete instead.

My point is stop demanding these guys to "hang" here (it's clear they don't want to and I don't blame them). Especially if this is what was so damn important.

11. Shivang Joshi

Bobbie63 likes this.
  12. nyzproof333
    KitKat Jul 16, 2018

Yeah, I'm sure "Carl" logged in and said that. :rolleyes:

Santa Claus also use to eat the cookies I left for him by the fire place too.;) :)

Sam Nakamura likes this.
  13. Zaphodrocks
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 16, 2018

Cheetosdust and Bobbie63 like this.
  14. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Jul 16, 2018

Bobbie63 , Jul 16, 2018 :
    And who are you to say "stop demanding" if I might ask?

I think people are well capable to speak for themselves or react in a way they think is appropriate or don't react.

I don't understand your aversion against the threads @Cheetosdust created the last two days.

15. Shivang Joshi

Believe what you want to. Sorry, but we're people with hopes.

Cheetosdust, idkwhoiam322 and SoniaB like this.
  16. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Jul 16, 2018

Bobbie63 , Jul 16, 2018 :
    Why bother, it's not oneplus, it's the fact he found out Santa doesn't exist.

Cheetosdust and Shivang Joshi like this.
  17. Shivang Joshi

Yeah, true that.

Cheetosdust and Bobbie63 like this.
  18. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Community Expert Jul 16, 2018

19. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Jul 16, 2018

20. idkwhoiam322
    Nougat Jul 16, 2018