The Cupcake's Amazing Guide to The Invite

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Sprinkles
    KitKat Sep 1, 2014

Mr Sprinkles , Sep 1, 2014 :
    Recently, I received an invite from @Li XingKe ( http://angelsofinvites.com/about.html )
    for socializing, helping, and above all being myself on this very forum. For months, I had been begging on reddit, and youtube. But as some of you know, It is almost useless. So I came here a few days ago, thinking it would be just mindless guys talking about invites and more invites. But I soon came to notice that it was just a community of normal people who just so happen to like this phone (oneplusone). They talked about previous phones that they owned, food they liked, and helped each other out. Most of the people here are barely filtered. So I joined in on the fun, first doing it just for the phone, but realized I liked talking to the people here. So I cracked jokes with them, helped picked their accessories and even helped in the campaign to make a nice guy I met a mod (B.T.W. Brett for Mod @BrettPlusOne ). I then joined the Fellowship of Invites (basically a thread for random stuff), and just talked. And now I just got my invite because I was social, didn't ask for invites anymore, and helped others.

So I encourage you to stop asking. Not for me, but for you. Find friends, get involved, help others, pull pranks, crack jokes and have fun. You'll be more likeable, enjoy your time here more and will not even have to TRY for invites. Screw around in the Off Topic Subforum. Join the Fellowship. And soon your invite WILL come. Hey, you may see me on the forum too.

And maybe you will get a donation from someone who truly respects you. upload_2014-9-1_2-34-27.jpeg
    Shout out to The Angels of Invites
    (I will be donating all of my shareables to them, so again upload_2014-9-1_2-34-27.jpeg )

And to the Fellowship of The Invite
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/the-fellowship-of-the-invite.65289/ (join, it's fun)

Update 1/26/15:

So, this thread got pinned a while back, and there happen to be some dimwitted people on this forum. Anyways, I created this thread to stop begging, and (with an ironic twist) it has developed more begging. I don't know what is too complex about this simple text, but most everybody new that has read it has COMPLETELY disregarded what I said, and has spammed either my PM box, or this thread with invite requests. Just read the damned thread.

TL;DR: Stop asking me for invites. Learn how to read.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015

Niller83, Aksaj, JimmyC_008 and 309 others like this.
  2. ArcticChimp
    Gingerbread Sep 1, 2014

3. boybuzz
    Jelly Bean Sep 1, 2014

4. Ponds186
    KitKat Sep 1, 2014

Ponds186 , Sep 1, 2014 :
    Agreed, but remember most of the folks who "beg" here are capable of getting phones (maybe even dozens of them) if not for the invite system. While the fact remains that this act of "begging" is indeed irritating, I think we should not term them as beggars as IMO I find it very rude and insulting. I am sure we can find a much more polite term for it

5. chilenom
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 1, 2014

6. rickyray9
    Froyo Sep 1, 2014

rickyray9 , Sep 1, 2014 :
    I'd have a lot more to talk with these people about if I had an OPO... So it's either the off topic category or the invites category... I'm maintaining a presence in both.

7. stylz21
    Eclair Sep 1, 2014

stylz21 , Sep 1, 2014 :
    Naggers?

8. peeblesj
    Gingerbread Sep 1, 2014

9. Yagami Raito
    Honeycomb Sep 1, 2014

10. Mr Sprinkles
    KitKat Sep 1, 2014

Danke.
    I will order soon.

11. Ponds186
    KitKat Sep 1, 2014

Ponds186 , Sep 1, 2014 :
    Certainly better than beggars, but the problem with these folks is that they do not take an hour or so to read the forums, it's layout, the vibes and forum etiquette. Each forum is unique and you need to blend in. I would prefer a term considering these rather than Naggers or Beggars. Will dwell over it tomorrow when I have some more time

12. TigerXC
    Lollipop Sep 1, 2014

13. Mr Sprinkles
    KitKat Sep 1, 2014

14. Mr Sprinkles
    KitKat Sep 1, 2014

Actually can you guys help me come up with something?

15. caramelfudge
    Froyo Sep 1, 2014

prianca143, kamran2676, NoelC and 3 others like this.
  16. Mr Sprinkles
    KitKat Sep 1, 2014

like, a good title?

17. Mr Sprinkles
    KitKat Sep 1, 2014

18. Mr Sprinkles
    KitKat Sep 1, 2014

They really are.

19. stylz21
    Eclair Sep 1, 2014

stylz21 , Sep 1, 2014 :
    You get those kinds of people on every forum. Some people read forums regularly and almost never post, and others post without reading. The latter can be kind of annoying.

For lack of a better word, and to keep it polite, lets just call them newbies!

20. Mr Sprinkles
    KitKat Sep 1, 2014

Last edited: Oct 17, 2014