Other The Death of my Phone

1. Abhishek_james1994
    Cupcake May 23, 2020

Abhishek_james1994 , May 23, 2020 :
    To the One Plus Team,

As I am writing this, it has been 3.5 years since I bought my OnePlus 3T. My last phone, the Sony Xperia L had also lasted for the same amount of time albeit the gradual breakdown of components as seen in the OnePlus device. For the past one year, maintaining the phone has sort of become maintaining an old car. The regular repairs and the breakdown when you need it in the middle of something really important. I think the time has come to write its obituary, while the issues might trivial but without these core items, the phone is basically useless. So, here it goes.

June 2019: One day, all of a sudden, the Onboard WiFi stops working. Tried using the hard-reset option, but now I am stuck with a phone that won’t go beyond the initial setup page because it needs the Wifi to start. I take the phone to the Bangalore service center, a motherboard issue is diagnosed. ₹16000 is required to replace it. The mobile data works fine for now, only to know it was the beginning of the end.

October 2019: The camera one day starts having focus issues. This issue has been plaguing a lot of users, so Oneplus offers a free replacement of the camera module.

November 2019: Got a set of Bluetooth earphones, the music streams fine but unable to make calls through the earphones. Searched the internet, found it to be a advanced codec issue.

February 2020: On the visit to replace the camera module, had the battery checked up too. The battery has started degrading too. They offer the battery replacement claimed through the Red Cable Club for 600 rupees. Fair offer, but its nothing major to hamper daily operations of the phone.

May 2020: This is the final nail in the coffin. One day the battery is hung up at 50 percent charger, temperature at -40.0 degree Celsius. On a bit of search through the official forum, looks like a battery sensor issue.

So that was it the whole “The end of the OnePlus 3T” saga. an important part of the whole saga were the service centres and the customer care executives. They were patient to clarify any doubts and offer fixes according to the existing policies. While a number of people don’t face any problem with their phones, what I’ve found out in the forums is that a lot of us unfortunately face the same problems too. It takes months of saving and planning to buy the next phone for a large demographic like us. While I was hoping to pre-book the shiny One Plus 8 Pro. But what if the phone gives the same set of issues a few years down the line. Maybe it is time to switch to another brand which has stood the test of time, or maybe the new phone won’t be as bad. Only time will tell.

Never Settle
    A faithful customer since 2017.

2. BeingIncog
    Nougat May 23, 2020

BeingIncog , May 23, 2020 :
    so sad to read!!! :(

Artemus. likes this.
  3. VincenzoCap
    Donut May 28, 2020

keithgpowell likes this.
  4. Abhishek_james1994
    Cupcake May 28, 2020