The dream phone - OnePlus via OnePlus 6T

1. The_Huntsman
    Froyo Dec 7, 2019

The_Huntsman , via OnePlus 6T , Dec 7, 2019 :
    Hey Everyone!

Everyone has a wish, wish to do something, wish to have something. I always had a wish to have great phone. This is why I started searching the brand which one I want to buy. Finally I found the brand where I may rely on.

Considering my profession, I always need to do my official tasks and emails on my phone. So that I need my phone to be fast as fluid and lag free. Also, I am a tech savvy person. Considering this features, every of my friends suggested me to go for iPhone but I chose my brand OnePlus that can fulfill my needs.

And finally this June 2019, after many research, I purchased a new phone that is OnePlus 6t. I was really surprised to see that fastness and completely lag free performances that was my exact need from my phone. And it became my dream phone.

As earlier I told I am also a tech savvy person so I always consider the future updates and features. And few days back I heard that the Android 10 has released for OnePlus 6t.

OnePlus has released the Android 10 faster than ever before all other devices. I really appreciate the work and effort.

When I upgraded my device to v 10.0 by oxygen updater, my device crashed and I had to perform a reset to turn it on. Finally I turned it on but I lost all of my important documents and photos. It was a buggy update, however I stick to there for the next update. And again 10.0.1 has released, as I already updated with my device with oxygen updater so I didn't delay to get updated. But my device again crashed and again I had to reset my device to turn on and again all my files are gone. Even after the device kept restarting several times and I had to perform two times reset to turn it on. And again I tried to reboot the device and got stuck again at bootlope.

If updating with oxygen updater may lead any causes to the device then why OnePlus is allowing this third party app? Update should be always OTA. For betterment of users OnePlus may allow the third party application with some caution note which is as like to smoke cigarettes but companies are saying it is injurious to health.

As a professional, I can't tolerate this consequences which lead me to believe my friends words that I must go for another device. My previous phone never lead me to this problems even I was completely satisfied with my previous phone. I need a stable device with future updates. I was also being curious the about the A10, couldn't resist myself from updating.

I am totally disappointed and depressed with the device and updates. Also, with OnePlus. Maybe this was the first phone and would be the last phone of OnePlus for me.

Thank you & Best Regards,
    The_Huntsman

2. RogerOriginals
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 7, 2019

RogerOriginals , via OnePlus 6T , Dec 7, 2019 :
    It is literally mentioned in the Play Store listing that Oxygen Updater's developer isn't affiliated with OnePlus in any way and that the user is responsible for any consequences that arise out of doing non-OTA updates. I messed up my 3T once, since then I have never used 3rd party apps for system software updates on my primary devices.

I got OOS10 update for my 6T via OTA, got the 10.0.1 update too via OTA. I always wait for the updates to come. It may take time, but it's the safe way. You messed up by using unofficial update methods, so you are the only one to blame. You said that you use the phone for work related tasks, and even then decided to experiment with Oxygen Updater instead of patiently waiting for OTA.

the_o2, The_Huntsman and stratoc like this.
  3. The_Huntsman
    Froyo Dec 7, 2019

The_Huntsman , via OnePlus 6T , Dec 7, 2019 :
    Thanks for your reply. Much appreciated.

Yes, I barely can understand now the mistake that I have done. I shouldn't have gone for the unofficial system updates by any third-party app.

My question is if OnePlus is not affiliated with the Oxygen updater app then why and how the system updates are coming through this third-party app.

However is there any way to get rid of the mess?

4. RogerOriginals
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 7, 2019

RogerOriginals , via OnePlus 6T , Dec 7, 2019 :
    That app basically pulls the OnePlus update files from the global servers (or something like that, not sure). So they aren't doing anything wrong, they are just like a 3rd party distributor between users and OnePlus.

You can download the official ROM from OnePlus support website for your device model, and install it as per as instructions provided on that website. Do a factory reset, and set up the phone like new. Then wait for OTA updates if and whenever they arrive.

5. The_Huntsman
    Froyo Dec 8, 2019

The_Huntsman , via OnePlus 6T , Dec 8, 2019 :
    thank you for your information.

so far I know downgrade won't be possible. currently I am running with 10.0.1 and from OnePlus support page I got 9.0.17, so will it be possible to downgrade?

6. Kuan98
    Donut Dec 8, 2019

Kuan98 , Dec 8, 2019 :
    It is possible to downgrade from OS 10.0.1 to OS 9.0.17, first you have to find the rolled back package from Oneplus6T Beta Thread 1, download it and place it into root directory, go system update( local upgrade) and install it. After that, you will found your Android Version is on Pie Open Beta 17( if not mistaken). Now, you have to go through the Oneplus Support Page and download 9.0.17, follow the above step, you will able to roll back to Android Pie. Noted: It will erased every data you have by downgrading. It is safe, I just rolled back to Android Pie yesterday.

Here's the Roll Back Package:
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...a-1-for-the-oneplus-6-and-oneplus-6t.1120323/

The_Huntsman likes this.
  7. The_Huntsman
    Froyo Dec 8, 2019

this is just great [e]1f60a[/e] [e]1f60a[/e] [e]1f60a[/e]

thank you for your kind help and support.

this way seems safest and easy one.

8. Kuan98 , via OnePlus 6T Mirror Black , Dec 8, 2019 :
    Your welcome, Pie is the most stable as for now, Android 10 is a little bit buggy and it is slower when it compared to Pie in my personal opinion. So,just stick it to Pie until OnePlus fix those bugs in Android 10.

The_Huntsman likes this.
  9. The_Huntsman
    Froyo Dec 8, 2019

before I proceed I need to few more things...

1. which one to download from the below pictures

1575830933092.jpg

1575830933126.jpg

or both of them are same?

2. after downloading the above mentioned package I have to install that by going to local update?

3. then I have to download 9.017 from OnePlus support and install the package by going to local update?

is there steps to be followed, right?

10. Kuan98 , via OnePlus 6T Mirror Black , Dec 8, 2019 :
    The first one, after downloading have to rename the apk .jar to .zip only in order for the phone to detect your file.
    Yes, after installed the roll back package,you just have to go OnePlus support website download 9.0.17( no need rename the apk) just install it directly through local upgrade.

The_Huntsman likes this.