The Earworm Thread

1. Aaron2017
    Lollipop Oct 1, 2021

Aaron2017 , Oct 1, 2021 :
    This has been "playing" in my head for a few days now even tho i hadn't heard it in good long while

2. Aaron2017
    Lollipop Oct 1, 2021

Aaron2017 , Oct 1, 2021 :
    Don't know all of them but i saw Lars Ulrich, Rob Halford, the guy from Anthrax (Scott something i think), Marilyn Manson, Nikki six and i believe the guy who played a certain machine in From Dusk Till Dawn?

3. Artemus
    Junior Moderator, Community Hero 2020 Junior Moderator Oct 1, 2021

Artemus , Oct 1, 2021 :
    The ones I recognized were Lars, Rob Halford, Scott Ian, Otep, Marilyn Manson, Nikki Sixx, Randy Blythe (Lamb of God), Babymetal, Ryo from Maximum the Hormone (J-metal band), Lzzy Hale, Chris Jericho, LaJon Witherspoon (Sevendust) and John 5. :)

4. Ceasedd
    Marshmallow Oct 2, 2021

Artemus and Dresa91 like this.
  5. meatandy
    Oreo Oct 2, 2021

6. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Community Expert Oct 2, 2021

Ceasedd, meatandy and Artemus like this.
  7. meatandy
    Oreo Oct 2, 2021

meatandy , Oct 2, 2021 :
    You can't make that stuff up.😆

8. superplus
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Oct 4, 2021

Artemus, the_o2, Aaron2017 and 4 others like this.
  9. Cheetosdust
    Moderator, Content Coordinator Moderator Oct 4, 2021

Cheetosdust , Oct 4, 2021 :
    That's a great song to have stuck in the head. I mean, it's not Spiders, but not bad at all. :cool:

Meanwhile, my brain is like "let's start this week with A Perfect Cir... nah, baby shark do do do-do-do-do". :p

10. superplus

superplus , Oct 4, 2021 :
    Indeed, fortunately 90+ish % of my earworms are songs that I actually like. Then I tend to listen to them on repeat, so I was trying to deduce from my last.fm and Spotify what some of my most common earworms are, it's full of Tool, A Perfect Circle, Alice in Chains, etc. :p

Right, now that I've finished listening to Spiders, I'm going to go back to listening to Forty Six & 2 to try to get those baby sharks out of my head :mad:

@Artemus. is right, for those kinds of videos, it suffices just to see the title and off it goes :confused: Only heard the b*** s**** one once, and that was already one time too many o_O In these cases ignorance really is bliss :rolleyes::D

Artemus, Aaron2017, Ceasedd and 4 others like this.
  11. Cheetosdust
    Moderator, Content Coordinator Moderator Oct 4, 2021

Cheetosdust , Oct 4, 2021 :
    Since I watched "Inside" on Netflix, I carry a few of those songs in my head.

The special is really good, I highly recommend it, but I keep returning to the album that was published soon after. Perhaps one of the most popular songs that came out of it:

They are really, really catchy. The whole thing is a case study about confinement.

12. superplus

superplus , Oct 4, 2021 :
    Interesting, might give it a go, and a very appropriate catchy tune indeed. Impressively visually recorded too for a one-man confinement show :cool:

13. Cheetosdust
    Moderator, Content Coordinator Moderator Oct 7, 2021

Cheetosdust , Oct 7, 2021 :
    Thanks to my lastest "Discovery Weekly" on Spotify, I have two new songs stuck in my head.

They are so different and yet I keep humming them both. Hope you can enjoy them, specially the first one. :cool:

14. superplus
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Oct 7, 2021

superplus , Oct 7, 2021 :
    Indeed! Just restarted the first one for a second listen, after having finished listening to both. I'm sure these will get stuck in my head ears too :p

Guess I should start feeding my Spotify a bit more again, I've made some great discoveries there too, thanks for sharing yours :D

15. Cheetosdust

After sharing Zeal & Ardor here, I continued to listen to them on Spotify and realized they are the authors of a song, “Devil is Fine”, that I’ve listened to before, I believe in a TV Show or a movie.

Sometimes the “Discover Weekly” is way off, but I usually discover something that I like every Monday. For example, I think Animals as Leaders and Soen first appeared there for me. :cool:

16. superplus
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Oct 7, 2021

superplus , Oct 7, 2021 :
    This song is already off to a good start :D Can imagine it would lend itself well for a TV show or a movie indeed ;)

Exactly :D

Both great ones to discover too indeed :cool:

17. Cheetosdust

I was a little bit scared of discovering that the song was used in a soap opera, revealing what I really watch on TV, but no. :p

It turns out, it was used in a trailer for the show Underground and in the trailer for the game The Division 2. Pretty sure I know it from the game then. :cool:

I am discovering the band as we speak and I really like it. :D

18. Ceasedd
    Marshmallow Oct 7, 2021

Ceasedd , Oct 7, 2021 :
    Gimme sum of that food😁

19. Artemus
    Junior Moderator, Community Hero 2020 Junior Moderator Oct 8, 2021

Artemus , Oct 8, 2021 :

Never heard a digeridoo being featured in a rock song. First time hearing this on Spotify, I'm like "oh, this is nice" and added it to my liked songs.