The Facts

1. isdtnsup
    Gingerbread Apr 26, 2014

isdtnsup , Apr 26, 2014 :
    I have a couple of concerns regarding this issue:
    1. I've seen a digital copy of the aforementioned document, but I do not speak, read, write or understand the language it was written in. Thereby, I can't comment on it's validity.
    2. After performing research, this was the only article that I could find that speaks deeper of the issue, and even then, with no word from Oppo or OnePlus, no one can give certainties.
    With reservations, I will add it to the speculation list for the time being. Thank you for the information.

Edit 1: Added to the speculation list.

Edit 2: Added the MobileFun controversy to the fact list. (Source)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014

2. isdtnsup
    Gingerbread Apr 26, 2014

3. eskimosoldier
    Gingerbread Apr 26, 2014

4. Maier Leo
    Gingerbread Apr 26, 2014

5. wtfhsf
    KitKat Apr 26, 2014

6. droidroid956
    Cupcake Apr 26, 2014

7. K.P. Smith
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 26, 2014

K.P. Smith , Apr 26, 2014 :
    And now we can pretty much kiss this thread goodbye. The admins don't want to moderate the forum for the betterment of users ... Nope ... Instead of deleting spam and cleaning up all the BS posts they have keyword filters setup and are immediately deleting posts which point out they are owned by Oppo.

#A(n)HonestCompany

Maier Leo likes this.
  8. nik_pa

nik_pa , Apr 26, 2014 :
    Eventually they will stop like they did last week re: the leaks. At first they were killing every thread then once the story was out in the wild they stopped. So far phonearena is reporting on it based on gizmochina's report based on the techweb article. Once more follow, especially if they independently confirm it, they will have to make an announcement of some sort.

Maier Leo and K.P. Smith like this.
  9. Maier Leo
    Gingerbread Apr 26, 2014

Maier Leo , Apr 26, 2014 :
    image.jpg

jniincorporated and K.P. Smith like this.
  10. K.P. Smith

K.P. Smith , Apr 26, 2014 :
    Hmm I smell a guerrilla marketing campaign, a la #neversettle, coming from us users. Just be honest. I don't give a crap if Kim jong un owns 1+1 .... Just tell me the truth and let me form my own opinion.

11. isdtnsup
    Gingerbread Apr 26, 2014

isdtnsup , Apr 26, 2014 :
    I will add these links to the speculation list. Thank you for the information.

Edit 1: Added.

12. Maier Leo
    Gingerbread Apr 27, 2014

Maier Leo , Apr 27, 2014 :
    Dishonest by design?

Quote:
    If it turns out that OnePlus is a wholly owned subsidiary of Oppo, how will that change the perception of the new company? Oppo itself isn't exactly one of the establishment names and does have a reputation for being a bit quirky. If it turns out that Oppo is indeed the owner of OnePlus, and Lau's departure from Oppo was staged, there might be a few people who will feel bad having been lied to. But we think that the majority will focus on the phone itself and not even concern themselves with the rest of the story.

Source:http://www.phonearena.com/news/Is-O...ument-suggests-that-the-answer-is-yes_id55560

13. jniincorporated
    Eclair Apr 27, 2014

jniincorporated , Apr 27, 2014 :
    The "fact" is this company promised people one thing 6 months ago, delivered another thing now, and has been misrepresenting itself as a small independent company that "just needs your patience" to ramp up production.

Any phones you saw in the press were obviously not massed produced. The "press" is going to play with it for a while, write about it, and return it to the manufacturer. I wouldn't trust a company that has blatantly lied unless it came clean and did some damage control.

I notice most of the people "approving" this thread are new comers. I am glad to see many of the people who supported OP have woken up to its gimmicky marketing tactics. It isn't about saving dolphins or forcing people to smash their phones, its about creating a community at first, lying to that community, misrepresenting your company and your product, and then using an explosion of "buzz" that this community helped create to sucker in newcomers like yourself.

Rationally speaking, would you put up with crazy contests and elaborate invitation systems from Samsung or LG, especially if it was for what was essentially a rebranded Note3 or G2? Of course not, but OnePlus is spinning themselves as a small time start up to get mostly newcomers hyped about what is essentially a stripped down Oppo 7a.

Before you say I am a newcomer, check out my other posts. I used to post as Jaydaswanger, but I was banned from saying the truth. Not just my handle..but my entire IP address..I am posting from a proxy. If a company has nothing to hide, there would be no reason to ban me. And a company with something to hide isn't a company an honest person should spend honest money with.

Maier Leo likes this.
  14. isdtnsup
    Gingerbread Apr 27, 2014

isdtnsup , Apr 27, 2014 :
    Unfortunately, there is nothing of substance in this post that I can add to the main post. I will always need citations, links and sources to provide the most accurate and available information possible.

15. nik_pa
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 27, 2014

nik_pa , Apr 27, 2014 :
    I don't think many people do, for most they care about the phone. Some will care that they were lied to but many already figured there was more to the connection then let on. I'd worry if Kim Jong owned it, don't need another government invading my phone.

16. jniincorporated
    Eclair Apr 27, 2014

jniincorporated , Apr 27, 2014 :
    well, you can read the message boards here to see some of the original supporter saying what they wanted in the phone, and frustration with the size of the phone, lack of sd card, etc. Look up some of the threads where OnePlus (pre-release) says the OPO will fit under a sony Xperia z2 and that they found a way to fit a 5.5" screen in a 5" body...all of which were lies. Lies they knew they were telling, since the product they brought to market is essentially a Find 7a, which has been in development and is apparently shipping out (not surprisingly the same time as OPO's "invite system')

As far as company ownership here are some sources:

Oppo/BBK connection:
    http://cahr.changan.gov.cn/publicfiles/business/htmlfiles/gjhycs/s33353/201206/514125.htm
    Oppo/OP connection
    http://www.gizmochina.com/2014/04/26/picture-proving-oneplus-is-wholly-owned-sub-brand-of-oppo/

I am searching for that image translated, I once had the raw link and was able to use it to translate it, if I find it I will post it, but rest assured..this company is getting caught up in its lies. No doubt about that.

Maier Leo likes this.
  17. Maier Leo
    Gingerbread Apr 27, 2014

Maier Leo , Apr 27, 2014 :
    Should I disappear from this forum without further notice, then I will have been banned.

image.jpg

18. bigCITYbrown
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 27, 2014

19. isdtnsup
    Gingerbread Apr 27, 2014

20. isdtnsup
    Gingerbread Apr 27, 2014