The final round of IDEAS 2.0 is out! Check the replies from OOS team!

1. Dinesh_Rathore
    Honeycomb Nov 16, 2020

2. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Nov 16, 2020

dsmonteiro , Nov 16, 2020 :
    These were just four examples I found by quickly searching on the forums and don't represent the full extent of the request for this. Still, that's beside the point. What I was trying to convey was that different users request different things. You may want something while a different user may want a completely opposite thing.

I'm in no way saying the features you want aren't important. As mentioned already, the software team is working with Google on improving the features that users are being vocal about.

MosheG1 likes this.
  3. Dinesh_Rathore
    Honeycomb Nov 16, 2020

Dinesh_Rathore , Nov 16, 2020 :
    But why Google only We need oneplus apps you can improve your apps also as usual.

MosheG1 likes this.
  4. MadhavPremkumar , via OnePlus Nord Blue Marble , Nov 16, 2020 :
    Yeah , i installed oneplus messages (from apkpure ig) and it is soo much better and convenient than google messages. Google dialer wont be anywhere near oneplus's.
    Btw is there any oneplus dialer apk that works fine on oneplus nord without crashes?

MosheG1 likes this.
  5. Dinesh_Rathore
    Honeycomb Nov 16, 2020

oneplus dialer is not working fine bro.. this apps is not stable for nord and oneplus 8T

6. yashwant24
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Nov 16, 2020

yashwant24 , Nov 16, 2020 :
    The reason is simple, Google comms suite provide lots of features. For example RCS messaging is a feature like iMessage. With RCS messaging communication experience between Android phones will be great. Every OEM is now starting to do the same.
    As a matter of fact, you may never see OnePlus Dialer again.

Starcommander likes this.
  7. Dinesh_Rathore
    Honeycomb Nov 16, 2020

i think so you are google fan that`s why you`re taking side for google

Abhishek654 likes this.
  8. Abhishek654
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 16, 2020

Abhishek654 , Nov 16, 2020 :
    It's better to replace the Oneplus camera with Google camera that will be appreciated and also rebrand the name as well oneplus to GooglePlus.

sandy_yp_7 and Dineshrathore like this.
  9. yashwant24

That's a lame reason, I'm not taking anyone's side here, Just pointing out the fact. I didn't like UI of Google Dialer tbh, it's like a some other skin in OnePlus device. But Google comms suite is for greater good.

10. MadhavPremkumar , via OnePlus Nord Blue Marble , Nov 16, 2020 :
    I agree.
    But you recently introduced the oneplus stock dialer and messages in playstore,right?
    Make them compatible with nord (and 8T ig?) also.
    Let the users decide.
    Pixel devices already delivers a perfect 'google experience' at a similar price point.
    Oneplus is known for OxygenOS and not for stock android..

Dineshrathore likes this.
  11. Dinesh_Rathore
    Honeycomb Nov 16, 2020

Well Said. Bro @Abhishek654

12. Dinesh_Rathore
    Honeycomb Nov 16, 2020

WHY WE'RE WASTING TIME HERE GUYS THEY'LL NOT LISTEN US.
    MY SUGGESTION IS GIVE ONE FEEDBACK SUGGESTION TO ONEPLUS COMMUNITY FORUM DAILY. I'LL DO THIS

13. Dinesh_Rathore
    Honeycomb Nov 16, 2020

SIR NOT HAPPY WITH THIS ANNOUNCEMENT I AM TELLING YOU THAT AS A ONEPLUS LOYAL CUSTOMER

Starcommander likes this.
  14. Starcommander

Starcommander , Nov 16, 2020 :
    I use 8T is it not a flagship 🤔
    I don't want recording feature but I want complete dark mode like the OnePlus dialer

MosheG1 likes this.
  15. Starcommander

I respect what you said and I agree about the recording part. But when many users want OnePlus dialer, it is not only because of call recording, but also due to the UI.
    I am using 8T, every OnePlus app has adapted the new UI except the Google apps. Every app has dark mode but google seems to love grey mode. If OnePlus really wanted to give google apps, then replace all the apps with the google ones, or make a Google dialer different or unique for OnePlus. Also if OnePlus is saying google dialler is best, google message is best, then why I am still using OnePlus?

Just make everything google 🤷 I honestly don't understand the reason of not using OnePlus dialler.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020

16. Starcommander

Exactly!
    Also if I remember correctly always on display was not adapted in the first round last year. After the pressure from community OnePlus decided to adapt it. May be they will do the same.

17. yashwant24

With this I agree with you totally, Google Dialer UI sucks tbh. It's like some garbage (not literally) in Oxygen OS.

As you know Google camera is not a service right? But I would love to have it on OnePlus device.

18. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Nov 16, 2020

YRJ , Nov 16, 2020 :
    Simply because Gcam is not a part of Gsuite applications. ;)

I cannot imagine Google supporting Gcam for other devices. It simply means killing the pixel lineup, which I don't think they intend to do.

Just saying for the Gcam part, I do understand that everyone likes OnePlus dialer for the recorder and the fact that it ensures a unified systemwide look and feel.

19. Starcommander

Yeah I know that. My statement was just comparing the real goodness of Google. Tbh only thing that google does the best is computational photography. OnePlus is just going in verge of loosing customers 🤦‍♂️

Abhishek654 and yashwant24 like this.
  20. Starcommander

Yeah I know. That gcam thing was just a hyperbola and not meant literally

Dineshrathore and Abhishek654 like this.