The Good News

1. jcboden
    Froyo Oct 11, 2014

jcboden , Oct 11, 2014 :
    I wanted to briefly discuss how my OPO experience has been so far. I have heard so much negativity on the forums about problems with the phone, the software, etc.
    I was quite nervous ordering my OPO because of it.

Invite:
    so many complaints about the invite system. I had signed up with a forum account a few months backn and I was semi-active. When I finally had the money and started hunting for an invite, took me all of 10 minutes to get one. Being polite and respectful goes a long way.

Ordering: I have heard several horror stories of people being on "Pending Shipment" eternally. On mine, I ordered on Sunday, pending shipment on Monday, Shipped on Wednesday, received today (Friday). No issues what-so-ever. Mid-west USA.

Unboxing: The packaging itself is pristine. I really respect the quality and attention to detail on something as simple as packaging that will be thrown away anyway. Really gives the impression that One Plus cares about their product.

The Phone Itself: Once more, so many horror stories about the one. Yellowing on the screen, malfunctioning touch screen, apps crashing,... the OPO spontaneously catching fire, and so on. Happy to report, that this batch at least, works flawlessly. No yellowing even on a blank white screen. Touch screen has no issues, and the speed is great. It could run laps around my old Iphone.

Software: Different issue same story, so many complaints on the forum. I got my phone, plugged it in, the new software version was waiting for me when I got it turned on. I downloaded it no problem, and I am having zero issues with it.

Final Words: All in all, a fantastic phone. If you are on the fence due to the complaints on the forums, don't be. Pick it up. Definitely worth it.

ps: If this sounds like I am bragging I am sorry, that was not my intent. There is just so much negative feedback, I feel that people who, like me, are having no issues just don't post. I would hate for people to miss out due to random one-off situations.

Thank you for reading. ^_^

2. Hanson Lee
    Marshmallow Oct 11, 2014

Nilesh Sajnani likes this.
  3. Nilesh Sajnani
    KitKat Oct 11, 2014

yoshi420 likes this.
  4. talhadas
    Donut Oct 11, 2014

5. thoraze
    Donut Oct 11, 2014

6. sbumeder
    Jelly Bean Oct 11, 2014

7. jimmy0228
    Eclair Oct 11, 2014

jimmy0228 , Oct 11, 2014 :
    I hope to have a similar experience once my 1 finally arrives. USPS couldn't be any slower.. Or I'm just super excited and have no patience

8. sn1
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 11, 2014

sn1 , Oct 11, 2014 :
    Congrats and enjoy!!

1plusplus1 likes this.
  9. bikergirk
    Gingerbread Oct 11, 2014

bikergirk , Oct 11, 2014 :
    Yes, digging the good news, because I started getting itchy feet after reading some of the post. And thanks for swaying me back to gotta have

10. advocateishantchopra
    Lollipop Oct 11, 2014

11. gusuraman
    Community Veteran Oct 11, 2014

DRCH likes this.
  12. temiatwork
    Gingerbread Oct 11, 2014

temiatwork , Oct 11, 2014 :
    Am on the same boat with the OP. No issue here whatsoever even after the OTA update to 38R.

13. gusuraman
    Community Veteran Oct 11, 2014

14. nunopinho1982
    Lollipop Oct 11, 2014

15. 21high
    Cupcake Oct 11, 2014

21high , Oct 11, 2014 :
    Hi Mate do you have some more ?? this claims not working anymore,,,:) Thanks

16. johnnymartz3
    Jelly Bean Oct 11, 2014

johnnymartz3 , Oct 11, 2014 :
    Yeah if u just go by the forum threads it seems like there's a lot more problems than there actually are. Its just a vocal minority that is giving a lot of ppl second thoughts

17. johnnymartz3
    Jelly Bean Oct 11, 2014

18. 1poipoy57
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 11, 2014

19. swish13
    Gingerbread Oct 11, 2014

swish13 , Oct 11, 2014 :
    I got my invite the next day after I signed up.

I thought I was lucky. But guess those giving invites also judge the person 1st before giving.

I guess new comers should remember that not to beg for invites. And participate in the forum more.

I'm still waiting for my Oneplus to reach me.

20. bbradygti
    Donut Oct 11, 2014