The Goodbye thread

1. robtrob
    Gingerbread Sep 1, 2014

robtrob , Sep 1, 2014 :
    I agree the waiting sucks. This business is fast and the OPO will fall behind soon and in some ways maybe it already has. It runs on an 801 chip but new handsets are already planning to launch with 805 in Oct/Nov. I'm a fan but know that OPO isn't using exclusive technology. It'll be good while it lasts but the specs can and will be replicated and exceeded by other manufacturers as the battle goes on in tech. good luck.

2. theo2021
    Gingerbread Sep 1, 2014

theo2021 , Sep 1, 2014 :
    801 is very fast, you wont notice the difference with the 805! Now tell me the other new phones what will they have that is better than the OPO. What more do you need in a phone?
    2K screen not worth it you hardly notice the difference , more ram pointless , faster processor the 801 is extremely fast , battery 3100 for a flagship is pretty good and i doubt the new flagships will have more mAh. The only things that mater on the new flagships and will make the difference is the design the camera and the software!

Jon8th8n likes this.
  3. theo2021
    Gingerbread Sep 1, 2014

theo2021 , Sep 1, 2014 :
    Ok others had the same thoughts don't start a new thread!

4. epo916
    Gingerbread Sep 1, 2014

5. detached
    Eclair Sep 1, 2014

SaltedJason likes this.
  6. Jon8th8n
    Gingerbread Sep 1, 2014

Jon8th8n , Sep 1, 2014 :
    In a Polk some days ago they asked what could be improved and battery life came first..

7. SaltedJason
    Gingerbread Sep 1, 2014

8. oneeyedhobbit
    Gingerbread Sep 1, 2014

oneeyedhobbit , Sep 1, 2014 :
    Well, if the software is what matters I don't know that buggy releases are doing opo any favors =/.

I've harbored no delusions that their greatest strength was their exceptional value. It just seems like they squandered too much time, and unless they can replicate the opo (I.e. another top-notch phone for an amazing price) with increased production, they've lost their niche-once the new next gens come out, prices will be slashed on current gen flagships. The moto x+1 and google x are already going to outperform the opo and try to hit competitive price points.

Why would users fight for a limited production phone from a manufacturer who's customer service rep isn't exactly pristine in light of this? Don't take this the wrong way, I still want a opo! I'm not a businessman. Hopefully they planned on this as a staging ground to determine production batch sizes for a op2.

9. rajknz
    Donut Sep 1, 2014

rajknz , Sep 1, 2014 :

I won't flame away, I agree with you on most things and see the pointless wait for a thing like mobile which you need when you need it, I am not getting a custom made phone here and then there are bunch of jokers spamming on threads nothing useful to add just their stupid comments only they can make sense of.

oh..well!! now I wait for death by thousand cuts :)

10. gmo8492
    Lollipop Sep 1, 2014

11. FosterCAll
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 1, 2014

lenjingkzax likes this.
  12. Mr Majestic
    Honeycomb Sep 1, 2014

Mr Majestic , Sep 1, 2014 :
    I felt the same way and wrote the same thing you did on another thread. Just hang in there, it's worth the wait!

13. stevegossett64
    Eclair Sep 1, 2014

stevegossett64 , Sep 1, 2014 :
    In the beginning I was ready to buy two of these phones but I think Im lucky that I am not able to do so. Maybe its a good phone, maybe its not, but the way this company handles their unreleased product with the invite system is a joke. The minute several bad-apple people gobbled up any invites they treated them as a money-making opp and through them on eBay and whatever else for sale and then some people add a thread that they have invites for grabs but then want you to do ridiculous shit for them like write jokes or give the best reason you deserve a OPO. 30 invites were given out on their OPO Facebook page which most were taken by one person and several made their way to eBay for $50 each. Really? So someone would pay $50 for an invite and then shell out the credit card for the full amount on top of that? This is NOT the savior and killer of all phones and Im not sure how that even started. Its a bold claim but unfounded at best.

From what I have gathered, the QC on the phone is low or next to none given the multitude of defects and reports and customer service (if any exists) doesn't respond. Customers should be customers, not beta testers. In my opinion they should have just set a date for pre-orders and thats that, none of this lottery invite BS. This company had a lot of potential buyers at the ready to purchase and they really just alienated buyers and left a bad taste for many at the same time. I cant stand behind that kind of business model and Im done waiting for any invite/pre-order system. The next gen phones will be making debuts from September and on through the rest of the year and the OPO will just be another phone. They could have had my money, they could have had my pre-order, but because of the shitty way they introduced the phone Ive had it. They couldnt pay me to buy their phone at this point.

Sorry to be so harsh, my opinion wont agree with everyone and thats understood, I just felt the necessity to say my piece. Maybe I'll pass back around when their phone has matured to an OPO2.

14. caswellkendrick
    Eclair Sep 1, 2014

15. PAMS79
    Gingerbread Sep 1, 2014

16. Karthik23kc
    Jelly Bean Sep 1, 2014

Karthik23kc , Sep 1, 2014 :
    I understand your point.
    Best of luck for your future endeavors.

17. Yagami Raito
    Honeycomb Sep 1, 2014

Yagami Raito , Sep 1, 2014 :