The Goodbye thread

1. oscarvanl
    Jelly Bean Sep 3, 2014

oscarvanl , Sep 3, 2014 :
    So much misinformation!!! That's not a rumor.

Three has won awards in every category recently for best value for money, reliability and speed, they have started sharing mast locations with EE so their coverage is getting much better! They are very cheap. I get Unlimited 4G LTE, 5000 texts and 200 minutes for £10.80 a month.

Every networks 3G and H+ works on the OPO.
    Three and EE both work for 4G, EE has all 4G bands working whereas Three have 1/2 4G bands working. I use three and get okay 4G coverage where it is available, I've seen speeds as fast as 25Mbps down 12Mbps up with my OPO.

All of Three's plans have 4G at no extra cost, and Vodafone and O2's networks are being left to die...

Here's a nice video to watch...http://mobile.pcadvisor.co.uk/buying-advice/broadband/3452450/uks-best-3g-4g-networks-of-2014/

Finally, Advanced HSDPA (The OPO does have this and it is supported by most networks) is capable of 42Mbps whereas the 4G band 20 that the OPO doesn't have has a theoretical max of 50Mbps. Neither of which you are likely to achieve, so your really not missing out.

Overall, I pay the least for Unlimited data but still get the fastest network and it includes 4G, what is there to dislike?

2. drmartin
    Moderator Moderator Sep 3, 2014

3. fazfactor
    Honeycomb Sep 3, 2014

fazfactor , Sep 3, 2014 :
    Ok.. If thats what you think then move on. :D

4. ganstakillerz
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 3, 2014

5. asherlock
    Honeycomb Sep 3, 2014

asherlock , Sep 3, 2014 :

Dont loose hope, I may be able to give you an invite I have ordered a phone and hence may get an invite in a few days.

6. richira
    Gingerbread Sep 3, 2014

richira , Sep 3, 2014 :
    EE is the only viable operator in my area ... if i actually want to get a phone signal ..

7. stevegossett64
    Eclair Sep 4, 2014

8. dragon2777
    Jelly Bean Sep 4, 2014

dragon2777 , Sep 4, 2014 :
    Awesome thanks for condensing them to one thread now I can just ignore this one rather than a ton of them

9. Dongarritas
    Eclair Sep 5, 2014

Dongarritas , Sep 5, 2014 :
    Download Amazon App store APK, then download it(and other apps tha Goog doesn't want you to have...works like a charm!)

10. Dongarritas
    Eclair Sep 5, 2014

Dongarritas , Sep 5, 2014 :
    Wow! What started out as a social experiment certainly evolved, and quickly devolved, into quite the interesting thread....Lots of immaturity, lots of thoughtful discussion. Interesting to watch, and to the haters out there, this lowly doughnut has his 64 Gb One, with absolutely no problems. Really great piece of hardware....much better quality than expected, and 18-24 hour battery. Completely customizable, and no need to root. This will easily carry me to 2015 when 64 bit becomes available, and things get really interesting. Peace to all!

11. newfguy
    Honeycomb Sep 5, 2014

newfguy , Sep 5, 2014 :
    Goodbye OPO!

A few comments:

While the phone specs look great and the price point is very attractive, I have decided not to do business with this company. As a customer I want value and good service. I like many find this invite system to be a bad idea and harmful to this company's reputation. I understand their logic for using it at first and know they plan on a pre-order system soon. Nevertheless, this waiting is for fools when there are increasingly excellent alternatives from established companies with no supply, communication, support challenges, and without subjecting people to this demeaning process of invites and begging for phones.

The smartphone market is evolving rapidly and any company with hopes for survival needs to be more organized and prepared than what I have seen from OPO.

I fully support the motto: "Never Settle" . I refuse to settle for this amateurish customer treatment and will take my business to to a more established company.

Good luck to all.

12. richardnutza
    Gingerbread Sep 5, 2014

richardnutza , Sep 5, 2014 :
    LMAO
    You missed an opportunity for an invite yesterday because you said you would probably just buy another phone instead.

13. sp99
    Community Veteran Sep 5, 2014

sp99 , Sep 5, 2014 :
    RAGE QUIT! :p

14. gigs
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 5, 2014

15. Godber11
    Froyo Sep 5, 2014

Godber11 , Sep 5, 2014 :
    I've been a member on here for only 3 days and received an invite from another member, so not everyone is in the 4-6 month category.

16. LoicB
    Donut Sep 5, 2014

LoicB , Sep 5, 2014 :

Mm very lucky guy.
    Hope it will be the same for me.
    By the way the forum might have some problems because it says you are a member since yesterday...

17. *G*
    Gingerbread Sep 5, 2014

*G* , Sep 5, 2014 :
    it's worst when you read "Guys seriously, you cannot put more pressure on us because we're already ******* panicking over this shit. Sorry for the language.
    Having a touch screen phone with a non-working touchscreen is death to a company. We're not idiots, we understand this very well.
    Right now we have 2 issues categorized as "holy **** if we don't fix this we're dead" - customer support and touch screen issue. Trust me on this one, we're taking it super duper serious and have significant amounts of man-power dedicated to both of these issues.
    ".
    Now what should we do with defective touchscreen, yellow band and poor-quality customer care?
    all factory features of one plus one and not issues?
    When touchscreen problem will be fixed? When costumer support will be improved?
    @Carl @Shawn @Pete @Jerry and who ever else if you care about "corporate transparency" please answer questions.
    Thank you

newfguy and Swede1 like this.
  18. domi39
    KitKat Sep 5, 2014

domi39 , Sep 5, 2014 :
    Closing thread

19. mjv53
    Cupcake Sep 6, 2014

mjv53 , Sep 6, 2014 :

I guess its time to give up, with all the new phones, and waiting just to get an invite, I guess it's time to look at the others.

Deactivated User likes this.
  20. Ahaboulnasr
    Gingerbread Sep 6, 2014