The Goodbye thread

1. Trah89
    Donut Sep 7, 2014

2. Shocky
    Honeycomb Sep 13, 2014

Shocky , Sep 13, 2014 :
    Yes, it's good value but with the announcement of the Note 4 I'll pick that up on release, hopefully the Exynos 5433 version.

They've had a few months to give me an invite and now it's too late, if I receive any which I doubt I will give it away.

3. 4thWALL
    Honeycomb Sep 13, 2014

4. ualman
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 13, 2014

ualman , Sep 13, 2014 :
    Can imagine there's a time it's too late.
    Enjoy your phone, no matter which one.

5. apu815

6. Shocky
    Honeycomb Sep 13, 2014

Shocky , Sep 13, 2014 :
    Not sure, knowing the UK around £550+, but I'm used to spending that much on a new device so I'm not concerned about that. Money has never been the issue, availability of something I actually want to buy usually is.

7. Shocky
    Honeycomb Sep 13, 2014

8. BlackMajj
    Cupcake Sep 13, 2014

BlackMajj , Sep 13, 2014 :
    A friend of mine told me a couple days ago about the OPO when I was discussing upgrading from my SGS3 that has a bad battery, so decided to check out this monster-spec'd phone at low price.

Seems that it's pretty much impossible to get one.
    The whole invite system is flawed and stinks imho.
    I've seen more invites for sale on auction sites than given away for free on the forum.
    And with the amount of bnib opos for sale on various sites, that just tells me that people are greedy bastards who use their invites to buy a few more and put them up for sale to make money instead of getting the effect that 1+ probably was going for, a big community of happy campers.

I noticed that virtually the same phone can be purchased directly from China, but at a higher cost and with other branding. But then it's not the Opo.

I've seen posts with people claiming that it's not so hard to get an invite.
    But for us who can't spend 16 hours every day refreshing the Invites forum it's more or less impossible.
    Especially for us late bloomers. :/

So thanks for the great flagship killer that is not so easily obtained, but I'll just wait for the Note Edge to release and buy that one at full retail price instead since it's as easy as browsing (insert your favourite e-commerce URL here) and clicking "BUY".

lalala and sirdud like this.
  9. Herraez
    Froyo Sep 13, 2014

Herraez , Sep 13, 2014 :
    Is this a Masonry phone?
    "You don't deserve this phone"
    "You cannot beg for it"
    "You have to paricipate in group forums..."

Wtf are you trying to do?

I really don't see the point...

10. milsau19

harryswan likes this.
  11. bazzal
    Cupcake Sep 13, 2014

bazzal , Sep 13, 2014 :
    You didn't exactly explain why it was flawed. Your post told us more about you than OPO.

12. brun3llo
    Froyo Sep 13, 2014

brun3llo , Sep 13, 2014 :
    there are two strategies for production planning :

- MADE TO STOCK
    - MADE TO ORDER

you can clearly understand what opo uses... and it's obvious, if you wanna keep the cost down you can't afford to have inventory cost and to risk to have unsold items (especially once you're a little company like opo)

13. Floppykungfu
    Eclair Sep 13, 2014

Floppykungfu , Sep 13, 2014 :
    Mmmm it's frustrating, I'm also waiting for an invite, but don't be mad, big brands have been using exclusivity for years and it's a brilliant marketing strategy (just a few chosen ones can own it and all that stuff) so getting annoyed over it is just not worth it :)

14. Aman Surana
    Honeycomb Sep 13, 2014

Aman Surana , Sep 13, 2014 :
    Look, honestly
    You're an idiot

OnePlus is a new company they need cash to make phones, that's why such a approach, they use invites as soon as they have stock, they are not rich enough yet as Samsung or something that they can go on and on making phones, they are slow but they are epic.

OnePlus one invite is not hard to get atall, I sat on Facebook for 5 mins and I got my Hands on 2 invites, (Facebook OnePlus one groups) no kidding,
    Its really easy to get without spending 16 hours, all you have to do is search in the right place

It's a good sales approach for a new company, you don't expect to make 200,000 of phones the first day you start your own company do you? Or any other merchandise for that matter.

Cheers!

15. techabhishek
    Cupcake Sep 13, 2014

techabhishek , Sep 13, 2014 :
    Dear All,

My Asus Windows 8 Tablet PC is not recognizing digital signature certificate via OTG cable.

Please help.

16. techabhishek
    Cupcake Sep 13, 2014

Dear All,

My Asus Windows 8 Tablet PC is not recognizing digital signature certificate via OTG cable.

Please help.

17. techabhishek
    Cupcake Sep 13, 2014

Dear All,

Please help.

18. advocateishantchopra
    Lollipop Sep 13, 2014

19. techabhishek
    Cupcake Sep 13, 2014

Dear All,

Please help.

20. techabhishek
    Cupcake Sep 13, 2014