The Goodbye thread

1. Adithya93 , via OnePlus Nord Gray Onyx , Oct 28, 2020 :
    After days and days of complaining and suggesting Oneplus to improve the camera especially the front one, their agents would acknowledge saying 'we are looking at it' but then wouldn't fix the issue even after multiple updates.

I'm not sure how others cope with this terrible front camera especially in low light conditions but I'm done with this phone. I have been patiently waiting for Oneplus to look after it. Not anymore. They have scammed all of us with this so called 32 MP front camera I believe, it's a flop and hence why Oneplus 8T sticks with 16MP which also performs average.

I'm giving up this phone and have planned to get Pixel 4a. Oneplus has lost that old reputation and they don't care about their users anymore. I've been a proud 5T user for years but Nord has really got many of us disappointed.

There's a reason why Carl Pei left the company. Lot of Nord users have sold their phone and got a different one, I'm done with this brand as well.

AhmedAhdach and O1598339105770 like this.
  2. camohan
    Nougat Moderator Oct 28, 2020

camohan , Oct 28, 2020 :
    Good luck for all your future endeavours. You can continue to be part of community forum because it's open for everyone irrespective of phones they use.

On Carl leaving, there are many theories, you added another one.

Thread merged and have a great day..!!

buntycubal, Mr. BG and Starcommander like this.
  3. ryanvanwenum
    Donut Nov 6, 2020

AhmedAhdach likes this.
  4. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Nov 6, 2020

YRJ , Nov 6, 2020 :
    Hey there,

As I can see from your previous postings, you started a thread and have only mentioned the issues you're facing, you never replied to users seeking more information that would hopefully help you resolve yours.

The process to report bugs as linked several times before is: https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback , still, if you believe the problem is exclusive to your unit, you should consider visiting the service centre. But I believe the ship has sailed, I hope you enjoy whichever phone you buy next!

Arjun Choudhry likes this.
  5. ryanvanwenum
    Donut Nov 6, 2020

ryanvanwenum , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Nov 6, 2020 :
    It is pretty easy wifi issues are present from april 2020 it is now november 2020 i buyed a 1000 euro phone and the support is very very bad and more and more users are complaining about it! But OnePlus doesnt listen and i dont care anymore

My last words about it!

Close thread

6. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Nov 6, 2020

YRJ , Nov 6, 2020 :
    You should try visiting the service centre or send your device to be checked, as not everyone is facing the wifi issue.
    You need to report the bug on the proper channels for it to be worked upon, as I linked before it should go here: https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback

I think you've mistaken me. I am not a moderator and I cannot close your thread, I was only trying to clarify. But you are free to choose whichever phone you like and want.

Cheers

Viraj Pnvs likes this.
  7. U1599485433334
    Donut Nov 6, 2020

U1599485433334 , via OnePlus 8 , Nov 6, 2020 :
    In one plus 8 series camera app processing is very bad .in Android 10, Android 11 same issue .My old mi mix 2 5megapixel front camera is more better than 16 megapixel OnePlus 8, 8pro front camera .In any lighting conditions all front camera pictures have more grains ....But 7,7t , 7 pro don't have that issue

8. Matt 80
    Lollipop Nov 6, 2020

AhmedAhdach likes this.
  9. Lunartemis
    Donut Dec 6, 2020

Lunartemis , Dec 6, 2020 :
    I have never been so disappointed. I have taken on extra shifts and I ordered the Oneplus 8T twice. Because I thought the first one must be faulty, there is NO WAY on earth the selfie cam is this terrible. Sending my second one back. You failed us OnePlus. Been here for 6 years and two phones, but now I am looking into other brands again and sticking to my 5T (with a non functioning battery) for a little longer. The idea was good, but as a photographer, this is not excusable.

You settled, Oneplus. Be better, Goodbye!

10. RajGyani
    Donut Dec 7, 2020

RajGyani , via OnePlus 8T , Dec 7, 2020 :
    Yes you are right, the camera is shittiest I've ever seen in any phone, I would say even a galaxy m50 camera is better than my op8t

trimmer likes this.
  11. Shailender Sharma
    Marshmallow Dec 7, 2020

12. deangilvin
    Jelly Bean Dec 7, 2020

deangilvin , Dec 7, 2020 :
    It's a phone first and foremost, buy a camera next time and you won't be so disappointed.

pablofg1978 likes this.
  13. trimmer , via OnePlus 8T Lunar Silver , Dec 7, 2020 :
    Really? Why? For that price range other brand offer a lot better picture quality. Do you use Nokia 3310 and DSLR? Don't think so. One Plus went down drastically from 8 series and 8t it's even worst. Not even talking about Nord range as it's not worth.

M1604885939982 likes this.
  14. RajGyani
    Donut Dec 7, 2020

I was not disappointed by the fact that this device clicks average photos but was disappointed by the fact that a mid ranger takes better looking photo's then my premium device I mean wtf

trimmer likes this.
  15. RajGyani
    Donut Dec 7, 2020

Also according to your words : why are you here with your one plus 8t
    If you were into gaming : buy a pc or ps5
    Into photography : as you suggested buy you carry a dslr
    For what purpose do you even own that 8t

16. pablofg1978 and deangilvin like this.

17. deangilvin
    Jelly Bean Dec 7, 2020

Perhaps I wasn't clear in my first post, let me try again....

Because First and Foremost it is a Phone..... Read it as many times as it takes.

I could not care any less about the camera, as I don't fancy myself a photographer for starters. I also understand nobody cares about seeing pictures of what I'm eating, what I'm doing or where I'm at. I don't need nor require constant internet attention. If I wanted to take pictures that badly.... wait for it..... I'd buy a camera which its sole purpose is to take excellent pictures.

18. deangilvin
    Jelly Bean Dec 7, 2020

Did I say I was into gaming? No Was I here complaining about the 8t not being a gaming device? No Was I here complaining the 8t didn't take good pictures? No

So your examples are ridiculous

I own the 8t or any other device, to make phone calls, receive and send texts, use the browser and for email. I also play some games on them but I am in no way, shape, or form a gamer. So now you know, do you feel better? Is your life complete now? I do hope so, maybe you'll find someone else on here to listen to your whining and crying.

And if you're going to leave Oneplus, there's no need to announce your departure, nobody cares.