The Goodbye thread

1. G_Curious_Seeker_iSOR , via OnePlus 5 , Jul 3, 2021 :
    With Carl Pei leaving OnePlus I had already made up my mind to buy my next phone whatever his new company launches. And now with the Oppo-ification of OnePlus the company is no more what I believed in when I first bought my OnePlus 5. OnePlus is no more its own brand. It doesn't have any individuality.

2. B_Wrath
    Nougat Jul 3, 2021

B_Wrath , Jul 3, 2021 :
    Apart from its overhyped marketing, it never had its individuality.
    And Carl is just a glorified marketer and salesman (though he is good at it).

3. G_Curious_Seeker_iSOR , via OnePlus 5 , Jul 3, 2021 :
    But Carl is very innovative. He plans on building a tech on the lines of "Steve Job's Apple". Focussing on innovative design. There was an article about an interview with him I believe. Carl also looks quite handsome.

4. Does!Compute
    KitKat Jul 3, 2021

Does!Compute , Jul 3, 2021 :
    He claimed to do all of that, but all he ended up doing was taking a prototype from OPPO, making minor changes to it, add OOS and sell it under the pretext of it being a revolutionary device. He's good at marketing, but let's not act as if he is Steve Jobs (an actual technological genius).
    As for your fondness for Carl's looks, is that the reason you were riding the OnePlus bandwagon (or perhaps the Carl bandwagon)?

5. Areebanwar
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 3, 2021

Areebanwar , Jul 3, 2021 :
    Let's face it; it's been a known fact regarding the Oppofication. We've had leaks over leaks with Oneplus phones built around base casing from Vivo & Oppo phones.

It was only a matter of time before they "officially" merged - for all we know, this was all planned from the beginning. Having said all this, it's not some massive conspiracy or a huge omg-theory. They're just phone manufacturers who still make pretty great products but with a little screw-ups in the software department. I, for one, am beginning to offer them benefit of the doubt over fixing it, which seems like they are (as witnessed from the 3-year official upgrade announcement).

Carl Pei was simply a marketer. Nothing more, nothing less sadly. But, as mentioned above, he was really good!

6. Mr. BG
    Community Hero 2020 Jul 3, 2021

Mr. BG , Jul 3, 2021 :
    Nothing more indeed...

He basically is a SJ copycat.

Good at Marketing? Maybe. Apparently marketing is all about misleading and Deceiving your customers.

But Oneplus is guilty of flat out lying, which is never a good idea in the long term, as trust comes by foot, and leaves by horse.

Jobs knew how to inspire his designers, to develop something with the wow factor, desirability, although he did not do design by himself he was an important factor in the process.

Pei?

Not so much...

He even seems to have copied SJ's nasty behaviour towards coworkers, but that doesn't work when you're basically a hot air balloon.

Shailender Sharma and B_Wrath like this.
  7. G_Curious_Seeker_iSOR , via OnePlus 5 , Jul 4, 2021 :
    The last sentence is definitely a factor 😉

8. G_Curious_Seeker_iSOR , via OnePlus 5 , Jul 4, 2021 :
    I don't deny that OnePlus is not becoming better over the years. It's OS Oxygen OS is a plain vanilla Android without any bells and whistles like in the case of Samsung which adds bloatware to their phones - many of the features that people may not need. OnePlus' also gives users the beta testing for their updates. I'm not sure if Oppo does but as both are under BBK group I'm assuming they do it as well.
    said:
    I'm a guy but I ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Carl Pei!!!!!

9. T1579655449462 , via OnePlus Community App , Jul 10, 2021 :
    Nothing but problems since they upgraded to android 11. Phone lags up, runs slow, has charging issues where it stops charging at 78%, when i receive an incoming call the answer keys dont appear for the first 15 seconds of my ringtone. Used to be a great phone, but 2 security updates later and they still wont fix the issues. They keep saying none of these issues are software related, yet they all started the minute oneplus forced my update to 11. The only answer has been to factory reset my phone and lose everything! Well since i have to start over anyways, i left oneplus for samsung. Loved my oneplus 7t, now its garbage thanks to your update. Will never come back to oneplus

10. pablofg1978
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Jul 10, 2021

pablofg1978 , Jul 10, 2021 :
    Thread merged

11. Manraj@22
    Cupcake Jul 16, 2021

Manraj@22 , via OnePlus 8 , Jul 16, 2021 :
    Hey People,
    After using my first OnePlus phone for 1 year, the experience i got from the device and the service itself, the current condition and decisions of OnePlus (merging with oppo and all) finally persuaded me to leave OnePlus and switch back to Apple.

12. GamingDoggo_
    Jelly Bean Jul 16, 2021

13. KluGe
    Lollipop Jul 16, 2021

KluGe , Jul 16, 2021 :
    Was it really necessary to create a new thread for this?
    "merging with oppo" of course is no reason, because they are all BBK and work together from OnePlus's beginnings.

So: Bye bye
    Nobody here will cry a tear ...

14. Manraj@22
    Cupcake Jul 16, 2021

Manraj@22 , via OnePlus 8 , Jul 16, 2021 :
    The footnote is exclusivity of OnePlus, Oxygen OS. And nobody told to cry

15. camohan
    Moderator Moderator Jul 16, 2021

camohan , Jul 16, 2021 :
    Hi there, thread merged.

OnePlus and Oppo integration is not suppose to have any impact on OnePlus identity or OxygenOS, Infact is it assumed to create synergies.

But you are best to decide what is good for you.

Good luck.

KluGe and Manraj@22 like this.
  16. Aijazshk
    Eclair Jul 26, 2021

Aijazshk , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jul 26, 2021 :
    I was a apple users my last iphone was XS max 256gb after that I switch on OnePlus 7 pro then I go on Mclaren edition OnePlus 7t pro then OnePlus 8 pro after OnePlus 9 pro and I have been take all. The product of OnePlus but now I feel that OnePlus is not worth it reason it's just increasing the money price of any product but not increasing the future of a oneplus and the feature that easily we get in market in any other plant and lower than the oneplus price better than the oneplus oneplus sorry to say but I am disappointed with you and this is my last one plus phone of my life maybe if I didn't change I will switch on any any kind of our brand like a couple again and Samsung Google pixel if I have to pay that much amount so I can afford that Google iPhone or something oneplus was a flagship killer flagship killer in a budget range in a budget price I really feel very bad and I feel such kind of person that oneplus has make his member phool laya oneplus is now I just show that one plus is nothing just cheat with its loyal members loyal red cable family just sorry this is my last one plus the watch the limited edition watch and now the birds pro it's also more than the 10000 price it's about guaranted

17. Sheppards
    Jelly Bean Jul 27, 2021

Sheppards , via OnePlus 7T , Jul 27, 2021 :
    Ah, another goodbye post?

Let me guess:
    OnePlus worst
    Never expected this from OnePlus
    Shame on OnePlus
    Never buying OnePlus again
    Xiaomi/samsung/apple is much better

How many did I get right?

18. camohan
    Moderator Moderator Jul 27, 2021

camohan , Jul 27, 2021 :
    Hi there, the company is here to make sales and get profit to keep it growing and going.

Everyone has a wallet capacity and whole range of options available to suit his or her needs depending upon choice and ability to purchase.

Good luck with your new purchase.

Thread merged.

19. Mr. BG
    Community Hero 2020 Jul 27, 2021

Mr. BG , Jul 27, 2021 :
    You mad bro?

Liehjan, Tokolozi, Sheppards and 2 others like this.
  20. The1Lion
    Marshmallow Jul 27, 2021

The1Lion , Jul 27, 2021 :
    Would not you be if you switched phones and bought another then another special edition and then another and yet another and somehow the price just keeps magically increasing yet you just keep buying for unknown reasons and there was probably supposed to be some point to it all but you cannot even remember to use pronunciation let alone what the point was and now my head hurts so I need beer ;):D