The Great Screen Debate: Flat vs. Curved

1. commodoo
    Cupcake Dec 8, 2019

G_Mark_Dunn_JMmj likes this.
  2. Blacksmith2080
    Froyo Dec 8, 2019

Blacksmith2080 , Dec 8, 2019 :
    When I moved from a OP5T to OP7Pro instantly the learning curve kicked in, I was making accidental presses and so much more worried about the screen. The nylon protective case made it even much harder as the pro felt considerably thicker than the stealthy karbon cover clad 5T. But once I treated the 7pro to the same karbon cover, enabled full Android Q gestures., I can't believe smooth, buttery and comfortable the pro is to the hand. my fingers dont have to stretch so much, and that horizon light.. my goodness, that's is the sexiest thing I've seen in recent times. BUT! I have had to step up my care game in how I treat the phone, none of that flip over the phone on the table nonsence I did with my 5T. So, for me the fact that when hardware finally catches up with software the possibilities will be limitless for the curved 'infinity' screen, I am super excited. Even now as I type this I am marvelled at what is before my eyes. [e]1f60d[/e]

C1572585695886 likes this.
  3. isushant
    Cupcake Dec 8, 2019

4. shashank4115
    Froyo Dec 8, 2019

5. NiC24
    Cupcake Dec 8, 2019

NiC24 , via OnePlus 7T , Dec 8, 2019 :
    as many reviewer say and many people point out.

curved screen is a Novelty feature.

great for first impression but eventually its flaws will bother you

G_Mark_Dunn_JMmj and Zecks1973 like this.
  6. Jacob1234 , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Dec 8, 2019 :
    it's sad that the selfi cam is pop up bc it makes it slow, I love OnePlus face unlock is amazing but it takes to much time for the camera to pop up for it to be worth it. I mostly just use the fingerprint scanner witch is still good but I wish that the face recognition was more accessible.

7. bookworm101
    Cupcake Dec 8, 2019

bookworm101 , Dec 8, 2019 :
    Definitely the flat screen. With a case on the curved screen loses a lot of its advantages and swiping in from the side is not as responsive.

8. Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Marshmallow Senior Moderator Dec 8, 2019

Maximus Decimus Meridius , Dec 8, 2019 :
    Oh, yes. Definitely flat. I don't mind being it slightly curved on the lower and upper part if needed. Like, for esthetic or "ergonomic" reasons.
    Accessoires or repair is much better when flat. Including vulnerability.

G_Mark_Dunn_JMmj and buntycubal like this.
  9. Gertjan@
    Gingerbread Dec 8, 2019

Gertjan@ , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Dec 8, 2019 :
    Now have the oneplus 7pro with curved screen, but certainly don't take curved screen again, what a drama and a distorted image. So I'm going for a flat screen

G_Mark_Dunn_JMmj and script like this.
  10. Ellistar
    Gingerbread Dec 8, 2019

Ellistar , via OnePlus 6T , Dec 8, 2019 :
    I have yet to see any real, actual functionality for curved screens. Just talk. There are a lot of risks and awkwardness living with them though.
    For this reason I am a flat screen guy. Also one of the rate teardrop notch fans.
    All of which works well with cardboard too

11. dream.er
    Gingerbread Dec 8, 2019

Jessy Saji and aletrodler like this.
  12. Y1537540350852
    Gingerbread Dec 8, 2019

13. Zecks1973
    Froyo Dec 8, 2019

Zecks1973 , Dec 8, 2019 :
    I am over the curve or even more dumb "waterfall" screens. I have had 3 diff OnePlus phones and just got the 7t. I love that I can put a tempered glass screen protector on and get that added piece of mind. My other OnePlus 7pro forget it. You get film or nothing works right. I also do not like video spilling over the side of my phone while watching.

14. Zecks1973
    Froyo Dec 8, 2019

Zecks1973 , Dec 8, 2019 :
    A lot of people can see 240hz. Me included. I use a 240hz Gaming monitor for this reason. Your other comment, about all the people on the post saying they like flat screens never owned a curved... just incorrect in my case personally. I prefer flat because I HAVE owned curved. a lot of people like to put tempered glass protectors on and curved make that impossible. most fall off or have a gap between.

15. mushtaqshah
    Cupcake Dec 8, 2019

mushtaqshah , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Dec 8, 2019 :
    Prefer flat but in all honesty curve is not bad so long as it's not extremely curved. Also, OP, it may be worth thinking of bigger screen phones, e.g. a 7.2 inch behemoth for those who like big phones.
    Many thanks.

16. brian.sedore
    Honeycomb Dec 8, 2019

brian.sedore , Dec 8, 2019 :
    I agree with you completely. I was quoting another user that had said that comment about people not having owned a curved screen phone. I have now owned both and prefer a flat screen. It's just less hassle all around. Have a good one!

Zecks1973 likes this.
  17. rlshky
    Eclair Dec 8, 2019

rlshky , Dec 8, 2019 :
    Flat screen. Better viewing and more functional to avoid the accidental touches.

It’s why I sold my 7pro for a 7t. Probably won’t buy a curved screen phone again.

18. aletrodler
    Cupcake Dec 8, 2019

aletrodler , Dec 8, 2019 :
    I think screens will eventually have the technology to create a borderless display, a flat borderless display, and I think OnePlus methodology should be to adapt that technology once has been well tested in the market.

However, our dear phone brand wants to be flashy and get another kind of attention having a top tier phone that seems all screen, thanks to a (in my opinion inconvenient) curved screen, that is only creating an illusion.

Solid design is what I want; robust, heavily optimized, with OS upgrades made in time, packed with more than enough RAM and the latest CPU.

I think OnePlus direction has been slightly disrupted, knowing your users will be your success, as it's has been until now thanks to the recommendations of us users who have been fascinated with a phone this solid in all senses, made for people who wants the best, without paying for a brand.

Focus.

And I mean it the best way I can, as I give honest advice to a friend.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019

19. M1532621537071
    Cupcake Dec 8, 2019