The Great Screen Debate: Flat vs. Curved

1. Zecks1973
    Froyo Dec 8, 2019

Zecks1973 , Dec 8, 2019 :
    This is one reason why I opted for the 7t. Had the 7pro and loved face unlock on 6t and missed using it.

2. Lahiru Rashinda
    Donut Dec 9, 2019

3. Brandonsmerry
    Eclair Dec 9, 2019

Brandonsmerry , Dec 9, 2019 :
    Flat display for three reasons:

1) I gain no usable visual space when watching media content, since the minor amount of extra real estate is curved away from the 2 dimensional content I'm viewing.
    2) It makes the phone that much less structurally sound to side drops.
    3) Finding Screen protectors that not only work, but also last without the ends pulling up is near impossible.

hobbesthedog likes this.
  4. dimitri nooch
    Cupcake Dec 9, 2019

dimitri nooch , Dec 9, 2019 :
    flat screen , curved screen crack way to easily , I own a OnePlus 7 pro and the screen scratched so easily on the curves , I had my OnePlus 5 and it never had this issue

5. Villy_Reaper
    Eclair Dec 9, 2019

6. J.Apryono likes this.
  7. konnerdave
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 9, 2019

8. Gabriele Pongiluppi
    Cupcake Dec 9, 2019

9. Laree
    Froyo Dec 9, 2019

Laree , via OnePlus 7 Pro Almond , Dec 9, 2019 :
    Everything that appears on the flat screen looks better and gives me a better viewing experience because there are no distortions at the edges, but I have to admit the curved edge look is pretty sleek. I like it, so do other iPhone and Samsung owners I know who has admired my OnePlus 7Pro. I[e]2665[/e]️Samsung too. I once had an Edge. Although I do hate the accidental touching the curved edges and clicking things, a case easily solves that. Of course, everyone should use one. I believe there will be great use with the curved screen, like for example in the new Android 10.0.2 upgrade, the back button on the sides of the phone works perfect with a curved screen. I prefer the curved screen to undistort and project the letters and images at the edges to appear undistorted face front. And the screen be solar panel as well for solar charging.

This is my 1st OnePlus Product. I only switched from Samsung because of this 48mp camera and good reviews. Mostly for the camera, speed, and reasonable price at the moment. I also like the fact that I have full use of the full screen with no drop notch. If only OnePlus camera software is smart enough. I hope the upgrades will do justice. If not, I will switch back to Samsung S11 2020-its smart camera software which is already satisfactory for me should be way beyond better and I'm hoping for that 108mp. That's really what I'm looking for-the amazing beautiful photos, speed, performance and battery life. And it should be waterproof. Bam! Above, Below, and Beyond!

Thank you OnePlus 1+ Team! 1) Please fix grainy, noisy photos at night time. 2) Allow Zooming in/out during taking video also in selfie video. NOT 1x/2x. 3) Add macro shot. 4)I don't like the light/flash with the plastic cover instead of like a clear glass. It gives a rather orange color instead of white clean bright daylight like other phones. The orange light makes things poorly visible at night even almost at closeup during video. 5)... 6) Thank you. Just thought to help with the experience.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019

hobbesthedog likes this.
  10. G_Faheem_Yazdani_(Feemy8 , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Dec 9, 2019 :
    I am indifferent. A flat screen with minimal bezels like OP7T Pro would be ideal. I use a case on all my phones so palm rejection/accidental touches have never been an issue with me.

I think the curved edges on the OP7T Pro are slightly more exaggerated than that on the Samsung Galaxy Note 9/10+. I prefer the less curvature of the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 screen. Honestly, it comes down to the fact that tempered glass screen protectors are better and easier to apply to flat screens without the issue of peeling off when used in conjunction with a case

11. UncleCupCake
    Gingerbread Dec 9, 2019

UncleCupCake , Dec 9, 2019 :
    I love the curved screen but will say flat for sole purpose that it's almost impossible to find tempered glass screen protector for it. I know one plus installs a protector on every phone that you buy from them directly but your out of luck if you get the phone thru TMobile.
    dear one plus please stop this and sell the screen protector version as you do on your direct sites. we are literally paying the same if not more at times. And we don't even get updates regularly so please do not give TMobile the worst version with no protector

12. dandnstudios
    Donut Dec 9, 2019

hobbesthedog and P1575174174742 like this.
  13. T1575900004006
    Cupcake Dec 9, 2019

T1575900004006 , Dec 9, 2019 :
    3 reasons for not buying the pro.

Curved screen - 100% deal breaker
    Not waterproof
    No wireless charging

The last 2 features missing made the the pro not worth it's price tag which was already WAY overpriced in my opinion, but it's a fine line to walk when balancing features/design and price.

14. NaratisT
    Eclair Dec 9, 2019

NaratisT , Dec 9, 2019 :
    I prefer flat displays personally, I've used some checked displays and they look nice, but I don't really like the way light bounces off of it and how it makes the screen weaker and harder to find some screen protectors.
    flat wins in my eyes for sure!

15. hitesh7422
    Froyo Dec 9, 2019

hobbesthedog likes this.
  16. W1549560466249
    Cupcake Dec 9, 2019

W1549560466249 , Dec 9, 2019 :
    i like my 6t and flat screens only... but future is coming and oneplus needs to be focused on flexible displays also... moto razr is very interesting model. future is coming!

17. Abhishek654
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Nord 2 Dec 9, 2019

Abhishek654 , Dec 9, 2019 :
    Flat screen more Grip+ risk of screen crack whenever fall on a floor..
    Curved screen Less Grip +more risk of screen crack..

Jessy Saji likes this.
  18. F1575071910971
    Cupcake Dec 9, 2019

F1575071910971 , Dec 9, 2019 :
    I like curved better

C1572585695886 and J.Apryono like this.
  19. Mohammad_Shakib
    Eclair Dec 9, 2019

J.Apryono likes this.