The Great Screen Debate: Flat vs. Curved

1. JuneTwo
    Froyo May 3, 2020

2. ctonylee
    Gingerbread May 6, 2020

3. SamTheGamer39
    Froyo May 23, 2020

SamTheGamer39 , via OnePlus 8 , May 23, 2020 :
    I actually like the curved screen on my new OnePlus 8. I was originally concerned that it would cause me to accidentally touch something, but I have not had any issues with this yet.
    I really like the feel and look of a curved display. I will acknowledge that there is some very minor image distortion, but I personally am okay with it. As for the durability of the phone screen, I think that a good case with a lip should solve that issue. said:
    At the end of the day, I think it will be a matter of personal preference. Some will prefer the design of a curved screen and others will prefer flat screens.
    I think there is a place in the world for both types of screens.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020

Rakeshpv010 likes this.
  4. Manzo9120
    Donut Jun 1, 2020

luannaue likes this.
  5. Bastes
    Cupcake Aug 19, 2020

Bastes , Aug 19, 2020 :
    Flat, and with a bit of a distance (1-3mm) from the sides:
    - easier not to break
    - easier not to touch accidentally
    - easier to hold
    - better with cases and gestures
    - easier and cleaner to put a flat protection

GeekOnTheHill, luannaue and superplus like this.
  6. G_Mochamad_Aris_Zamroni_
    Cupcake Sep 20, 2020

G_Mochamad_Aris_Zamroni_ , Sep 20, 2020 :
    Flat,18:9, max 70mm width, on screen menu, no notch, no punch hole!
    A small top bezel like samsung s9 doesn't hurt. It also contains iris scanner that works well with mask while more secure than apple face id

Swapnil77780 and Atharv_des like this.
  7. o0snoopy0o
    Cupcake Sep 20, 2020

o0snoopy0o , Sep 20, 2020 :
    Now that I have been using this phone for almost a year, I can confirm that a curved screen has 99% no impact on the way I use the phone. 1% of the time there is web content that is too close to the edge that cannot be clicked and I just rotate the screen. I still love this phone for how advanced it is. Great phone, keep the price real.

vishrutkmr7 and Rakeshpv010 like this.
  8. AlanSarz
    Cupcake Sep 25, 2020

AlanSarz , Sep 25, 2020 :
    flat screen. I have the 7 Pro and don't like the curved for gaming or reading text that takes up the entire screen.

superplus likes this.
  9. vanemmy
    Eclair Nov 12, 2020

vanemmy , via OnePlus 8 T-Mobile , Nov 12, 2020 :
    I would have to say flat. I have an OP 8 and I love the curved screen. I just tried out the OP 8T and the flat screen on that phone just feels so smooth. I have to say flat is better

superplus and Nabodit like this.
  10. McSoftly
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2020

McSoftly , Nov 21, 2020 :
    Flat screen! I really dislike both the esthetics and the usability of curved screens.

superplus likes this.