1. dan_0272
    Froyo Dec 6, 2019

dan_0272 , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Dec 6, 2019 :
    Very True bro...

infinity.erdem likes this.
  2. a.rejaul.karim
    Donut Dec 6, 2019

a.rejaul.karim , Dec 6, 2019 :
    I agree with u .... I too moved from a curved edge display phone, used to have a Samsung Galaxy S8+, didn't liked it at all, and switch back to a flat screen display.

Phone manufacturers are running out of good innovative IDEAS, which is why they refer Curved Edge Display as Cutting edge Innovation [e]1f4a9[/e]

But what it is actually "Cutting" are customers wallet with unnecessary increase in cost of production, of something which is so fragile.

3. Adex0ne
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 6, 2019

Adex0ne , via OnePlus 7 Pro Almond , Dec 6, 2019 :

a.rejaul.karim

I agree with u .... I too moved from a curved edge display phone, used to have a Samsung Galaxy S8+, didn't liked it at all, and switch back to a flat screen display.

Phone manufacturers are running out of good innovative IDEAS, which is why they refer Curved Edge Display as Cutting edge Innovation [e]1f4a9[/e]

But what it is actually "Cutting" are customers wallet with unnecessary increase in cost of production, of something which is so fragile.​

hahaha, what cutting edge is there in a screen, either a flat or a curved or a wrap round like the recently invealed xiaomi device which name I do not know, a screen is a screen to me, to touch, type and see what you browser.

To make a screen look great then we talk about it being visible under direct sunlight, a HD, FHD, 2k, 4k even 8k screen.

Even is a screen is rollable, foldable, one have to bring it flat to use .

Like u rightly said, it's to take more cash from users, flat or not flat

Though I never had any issue with the 7 pro and I'm enjoying it and for the fact that OnePlus isn't common in my region, people tend to ask what device I use thinking it's a Samsung as that's the only brand known for curve screen and I'm happy to say "it's a OnePlus" next question that follows is " is OnePlus made by Samsung?" then I quit talking, 😋[e]1f601[/e]

a.rejaul.karim likes this.
  4. kKoI1233
    Gingerbread Dec 6, 2019

kKoI1233 , Dec 6, 2019 :
    in a previous post i have said flat works for me but I kinda want to put more of an opinion out there

If a phone is sporting a curved screen it shouldn't just be for the looks

and probably having a phone with options to have curved or flat, like seperate SKU's, is best

i have rarely seen giving customers options leading to bad things

hobbesthedog likes this.
  5. G_Cliff_Lee_rxkH , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Dec 6, 2019 :
    I have the 7 pro. I do love the phone but the curved screen was actually the one thing that almost kept me from buying it. I really don't like curved screens but the full screen over notch pushed me over with the pop up camera. I absolutely loved my 6T McClaren addition but I love a full screen so I switched. Hopefully the 8 comes out with a flat screen, no punch hole or notch, better battery and does a much better job on the updates that I'm still waiting on for my 7 pro. I'll purchase another one if that happens.

6. armenski
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2019

armenski , Dec 6, 2019 :
    curved is nice on hand and for the eyes ,but flat is more better for use

7. oryanol
    Froyo Dec 6, 2019

oryanol , via OnePlus 6 , Dec 6, 2019 :
    We buy smartphones for their usability and curved screens are not practical at all. I prefer flat screen as I do not want to struggle using my smartphone. This is one of the main reason why I didn't upgrade to the OnePlus 7 Pro and I hope the top version of the 8 will have a flat screen.

8. E1552475308122
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2019

9. cliveren13 , via OnePlus 6T T-Mobile , Dec 6, 2019 :
    since I have both I have no complaint gotten used to both I've had the Samsung Galaxy note 8 & 9 it was awkward at first lots of unnecessary touches but it took time and now I'm ok with it looking forward to get OnePlus 7t pro.

10. Adex0ne likes this.
  11. hrushikesh1+
    Donut Dec 6, 2019

12. aman.kothari1993
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2019

13. Soosh
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2019

Soosh , via OnePlus 7T , Dec 6, 2019 :
    Had my Samsung S8 for 2 years. I gradually hated the curved screen over that time, so I couldn't wait to get a flat screen again.

Got my 7T last week, and I love it.

G_Mark_Dunn_JMmj likes this.
  14. Sagar_Jhamb
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2019

15. Z1572824129100
    Donut Dec 6, 2019

Z1572824129100 , Dec 6, 2019 :

Adex0ne

a.rejaul.karim

But what it is actually "Cutting" are customers wallet with unnecessary increase in cost of production, of something which is so fragile.

hahaha, what cutting edge is there in a screen, either a flat or a curved or a wrap round like the recently invealed xiaomi device which name I do not know, a screen is a screen to me, to touch, type and see what you browser.

To make a screen look great then we talk about it being visible under direct sunlight, a HD, FHD, 2k, 4k even 8k screen.

Even is a screen is rollable, foldable, one have to bring it flat to use .

Like u rightly said, it's to take more cash from users, flat or not flat

Though I never had any issue with the 7 pro and I'm enjoying it and for the fact that OnePlus isn't common in my region, people tend to ask what device I use thinking it's a Samsung as that's the only brand known for curve screen and I'm happy to say "it's a OnePlus" next question that follows is " is OnePlus made by Samsung?" then I quit talking, 😋[e]1f601[/e]​

I think manufacturers such as Apple, Samsung, and even Google are starting to price themselves out of the market. They are adding so many unnecessary features to prove they are the latest and the greatest, whether the average user needs, or even uses, those features. I believe consumers would rather have more affordable phones.

OnePlus is not common in my area either (western Canada). Where do you live?

G_Mark_Dunn_JMmj, Dar0729 and Adex0ne like this.
  16. Adex0ne
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 6, 2019

Adex0ne , via OnePlus 7 Pro Almond , Dec 6, 2019 :
    Nigeria

Z1572824129100 likes this.
  17. Nabodit
    Froyo Dec 6, 2019

Nabodit , via OnePlus 6 , Dec 6, 2019 :
    Hahaha! You made me laugh for quite a bit during the hectic exam time! 😅😅🤣

gneitingable likes this.
  18. DVNK09
    Gingerbread Dec 6, 2019

19. A1542486292652
    Eclair Dec 6, 2019

A1542486292652 , Dec 6, 2019 :
    Экран водопад это телефон будущего! Красивый держишь в руках и не хочется выпускать. Производительных телефонов много а вот эстетичных очень мало! Я надеюсь что OnePlus всё таки выпустит телефон с экраном водопад! Красота всегда останется красотой! Удачи Вам oneplus!

20. Radeon962
    KitKat Dec 6, 2019

Radeon962 , Dec 6, 2019 :
    I had every one from the One to the 5 which my son is still using.

Moved over to the dark side and waiting for a reason to come back.

Camera has been the primary reason I have not come back to OnePlus but I still check out the new releases as it’s good to see OnePlus upping their game and making the big boys squirm.

I’m Member #1533 back from March 2014 when OnePlus first was getting started.

I got my OnePlus One with an invite as an early supporter and bought every device up and through the 5 (I know slow learner and also was believing the hype even after getting burned with the previous release).

I see that you have not been here for very long so a recent convert to jump on the bus?

Best thing about the smartphone market is choice. Use what works for you and I’ll use what works for me.

brian.sedore and Sayantan_Manna like this.