The HTC One M9. Thoughts?

1. abechung
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 8, 2015

abechung , Jul 8, 2015 :
    I hope you aren't alluding to similar feature upgrades on the phone, like the m9. I'm a practical guy, which means that camera quality and battery life is few of the most important things for me when considering a phone. So, if this is to say that camera quality and battery life will suffer in relation to some of these other features, I am afraid to say i'll pass on the OP2.

2. Suzie

Suzie , Jul 8, 2015 :
    I am sure that Oneplus won't disappoint, dear....

3. d-a-n

d-a-n , Jul 8, 2015 :
    I've still got the M8 and been having nothing but probs recently. As others have said, the only feature which I think is good is the front speakers.

Seen a friends OPO and loved it, if the OP2 turns out as I hope, I'm gonna be desperate to get an invite and let me retire this phone.

4. nash859
    Jelly Bean Jul 8, 2015

5. DeltaSky

DeltaSky , Jul 8, 2015 :
    So you wanna say you've copied it(inspired*)
    :p lol coool!

6. GigabitEthernet

Wangsta36 likes this.
  7. envyraw
    Gingerbread Jul 8, 2015

envyraw , Jul 8, 2015 :
    This! About design. I absolutely loved the design of m8 but somehow m9 doesn't look as good.

8. SoulTribunal
    Jelly Bean Jul 8, 2015

SoulTribunal , Jul 8, 2015 :
    Not a fan of the M9 honestly. Front facing speakers just add a lot of height to the phone, I feel it's something best left to tablets and that down firing speakers are more than adequate as long as they're done right.

I also don't get the push for metal bodies, at least as far as aluminium is concerned. That stuff scratches and chips way too much for my liking... meaning its gonna go in a plastic case anyway

Skf123 likes this.
  9. GigabitEthernet

10. Robert Jr

Robert Jr , Jul 8, 2015 :
    I would love ff speakers

11. armmani2001
    KitKat Jul 8, 2015

armmani2001 , Jul 8, 2015 :
    Cat, I know what you trying to say, why change something if it's not broken, only improve. That's true in general but in today's competitive phone market when Samsung comes out with an amazing phone with new features that concept would fail as it did in HTC's case and they announced loss in the new report.

You have come so far and done a great job and I am very proud to be an OPO owner, even customer service has improved much since the beginning.

Having said that OPO has a good camera but I feel you need to bring a new camera/camera software as that's the only area that OPT can lack in the competition against Samsung and now LG.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015

12. call911ok
    Cupcake Jul 8, 2015

call911ok , Jul 8, 2015 :
    Price, big screen, minimal bloatware, speed, price. That's what drawn me to OPO. Did I mention price?

13. vishalmmx
    Froyo Jul 8, 2015

vishalmmx , Jul 8, 2015 :
    Thoughts about HTC on oneplus forum ???

14. NobodyE

NobodyE , Jul 8, 2015 :
    I would prefer nice in-ear headphones to busty front speakers anytime but that's my personal taste :D.

15. MacShin
    Cupcake Jul 8, 2015

16. Abhishek1994==

17. Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Marshmallow Moderator Jul 8, 2015

Maximus Decimus Meridius , Jul 8, 2015 :
    LoL, teach me how to troll like you :D:D:D:D

mwayner likes this.
  18. zandoli
    Gingerbread Jul 8, 2015

zandoli , Jul 8, 2015 :
    HTC is priced just as high as the S6. HTC needs to realize that it can't compete with Samsung/Apple on that level. It's just the reality. Price has been one of their downfalls.

Other downfalls this year were
    -using the 810 processor with the 'impressive' metal design
    -camera
    -battery

19. fernando1712
    Cupcake Jul 8, 2015

fernando1712 , Jul 8, 2015 :
    The M9 is quite nice, I don't bought one but a friend of mine has it and he is very happy with it. He says that HTC improved a lot, like camera and battery, and he totally recommended it to me.
    Althought I'm a big fan of HTC, I will wait for the OnePlus 2 because I really want that cellphone! :)

jswick2 likes this.
  20. vineeth.venugopal
    Honeycomb Jul 8, 2015

vineeth.venugopal , Jul 8, 2015 :
    HTC One M8/9 was true flagship for its design and revolutionised the front firing speakers. Yes as discussed many times over it lacked the power to match the beauty.

But the design and material combination has its drawbacks. It feels too slippery and makes us nervous.

From a neutral point of few, if we remove the brand from every OEM, HTC One M9 has one of the best designs,. I personally rate it above all apple iPhones

jswick2 likes this.