[Submitted] The importance of things

1. F_Castro_EICP
    Gingerbread Feb 10, 2020

F_Castro_EICP , Feb 10, 2020 :
    Title The importance of things
    Device OnePlus7Pro Software Version O2 Stable 191206
    Topic Suggestion
    Photos
    Feature Needed Background Description If you started to release monthly Android Security Patches instead of being always talking about photography, would be much better. 10/02/2020, OnePlus 7 Pro, Security Patch from 1 of November!!!! Even Huawei, with all the problems they are facing, are faster than you! Thanks
    Any other comments
    If you started to release monthly Android Security Patches instead of being always talking about photography, would be much better.

10/02/2020, OnePlus 7 Pro, Security Patch from 1 of November!!!!
    Even Huawei, with all the problems they are facing, are faster than you!

Thanks

2. F_Castro_EICP
    Gingerbread Feb 10, 2020

F_Castro_EICP , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Feb 10, 2020 :
    Sorry for another "feedback" about the sma thing, but i want to explain what i think, and i REALLY hope you read it all and with maximum attention.

I take the chance to also say that this is a positive criticism!!!

----

I always had HTC devices (the last one was the 10) but has all we know, they were stupid as fuc... and lost everything.

Leaving HTC there was only one brand that i could go: OnePlus, for their devices and OxygenOS.
    Ok, the prices now increased a lot and, at certain point, i "agree", no-one is forced to pay for it, but this is a result of the global market.
    One thing is true: the price of the smartphones in general, is ridiculous, and obviously the major concerns the different brands have, is the profit.

I love my 7 Pro but i don't forget the "party" made by OnePlus on September because they released the security patch from that month right next to the Pixel received it, but then they seemed to concentrate (almost!) only on the T version, and what happened with the upgrade to Android 10 was ridiculous.

I know many people doesn't care about security patches but i care, I think it's something more and more important each year, and i can't understand this policy of taking so long to release a "simple" security patch.
    Like i said previously, even Huawei with all the problems they are facing, released the (not so good but better than OnePlus) December security patch a "long" ago (at least to the P30 Pro).

And i take the chance to give one more opinion: I understand that we can't expect to buy a smartphone today and after 7 years still receiving new major Android updates, but regarding security patches, it not only should be monthly but for ever (yes, i know that there's a problem of Google accept that too).

Also, in my humble opinion, OnePlus should stop with the T version; they should release yearly only 3 versions, maximum: 1 Lite, 1 "Normal" and 1 Pro.

Look at HTC that was a GREAT brand which released various incredible phones, that was the pioneer on many things that we now use (or became mainstream some years ago), and look at them now, if you can...

I was a level 2 HTC Elevate member and i told there (Elevate, at the time private group) that the number of smartphones (and with little differences) would be their sentence (ok, and the lack of smart publicity too).
    I was called by some members, indirectly, dumb, who didn't understand nothing, bla, bla, bla (some of them became like the rats when a ship starts to sink: they disappeared from one day to another...)
    Unfortunately, time gave me reason (and i'm not from the area; i only observe what's happening and take my conclusions).

Now, i have mixed feelings because if HTC didn't had sunken, probably i wasn't here, but what i really don't want is to see OnePlus became a 2nd HTC.

The history already show us various examples: Nokia(!), Blackberry, HTC...

Sorry for the long reply [e]1f601[/e]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020