The Internet is shutting down, you have one hour!

1. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Nov 27, 2020

YRJ , Nov 27, 2020 :
    20201126_135201_0000.png

Hello everyone,

I know many of you are confused and some even outraged about the clickbaity title, I apologize for being a fearmonger, but trust me I’m only trying to make it fun for everyone.
    And just to be clear, no, the internet is not going to fail. It’s not dependent on one machine or cable that would break and everything would shut down completely. That’s not happening, it’s a robust architecture and a network of millions of computers around the globe.

It would take more than giant asteroids and supervolcanoes to deprive us of our internet, but trust me, if and when that happens, a working internet connection would be the least of our worries.

I’m sure all of us can agree that we take the internet for granted. Especially in countries like India, where it is available for cheap and nearly everywhere, people cannot really appreciate its importance until they have lost reception or for some reason the internet stops working.

The internet keeps things ticking and just the thought of a world without the internet gives me the heebie-jeebies.

I know, I just said that the internet won’t collapse in the foreseeable future but still, I want you to imagine that the impossible is happening -

The internet is shutting down! There is no reason as to why it’s happening but you have one hour of uninterrupted, unlimited internet before it’s gone. Forever! The question is what will you do to make the most of it?

Download a ton of movies and webseries or tweet a fleeting thought? Play the last match of Among Us with your gang or save your favourite music, update your Instagram story or bid your online friends goodbye? Or better yet, maybe you want to create the last “Where is Android 12 for my OnePlus 8 Pro” thread? Anything goes. But remember you only have 60 minutes! Still, speed and quota is something you do not have to worry about. You have unlimited internet with speeds going upto 10Gbps!

I don’t know what you’ll do in the last hour of the internet but I’m sure you’re going to make it count. And that’s exactly what I want to hear from you.

Maybe you want to have a virtual meet-up with your online gang, one last time? Tag your mates and let them know you’re thinking about them in the last hour of the internet.

Cheers!

2. camohan
    Moderator Moderator Nov 27, 2020

camohan , Nov 27, 2020 :
    Happy Riddances, life will be back to the 19th century.
    Honestly can't even imagine life without the internet. What will happen to Keyboard warriors, YouTubers, Social Media influencers, etc
    OMG, it's like watching 2020, end of the world.

Precise reason to add Radio FM in Phones.

My wife will be happy if there is no internet.

3. YRJ

YRJ , Nov 27, 2020 :
    Whom are you going to ban in the last hour of the internet? :D

4. Cakepips
    User of the Year 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Cakepips , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Nov 27, 2020 :
    Delete everything and wipe my data history to ensure, if the internet was ever resurrected in the future, traces of my past cannot resurface.

... And maybe play some solitaire.

5. camohan

camohan , Nov 27, 2020 :
    Let me think. @dsmonteiro for sure.
    I will probably merge wormhole, fellowship, Barone and Random Nonsense thread.

Boom oneplus community...!

6. Yash Pratap Singh.
    Lollipop Nov 27, 2020

Yash Pratap Singh. , Nov 27, 2020 :
    I will download Minecraft and then order food for a month! I will then make all Netflix content offline. And then, when there's just a minute left, I will say goodbye to the community with some coordinates mentioned and a time mentioned for an offline meetup!

Jonnetus, MRTLima, PrestonB83 and 9 others like this.
  7. Cakepips
    User of the Year 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Cakepips , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Nov 27, 2020 :
    Ah... the four musketeers of the OnePlus forum.

8. Danny C.
    Gingerbread Nov 27, 2020

Danny C. , via OnePlus 7 Pro Almond , Nov 27, 2020 :
    What a crazy year, huh? You'd think we're going forward, but in reality we're going backwards? Whaaaaaaat? Waking up to this thread not only confirms my suspicion that 2020 is the worst but also tells me that we're going to have a world-wide zen mode! How fun.

MRTLima, MarkP12, PrestonB83 and 6 others like this.
  9. camohan

camohan , Nov 27, 2020 :
    This fits nicely here
    Screenshot_20201125-123323.jpg

10. G_plusone
    Nougat Nov 27, 2020

11. McJader
    Marshmallow Nov 27, 2020

McJader , Nov 27, 2020 :
    I'll talk to all the internet friends I've accumulated, maybe ask for their real world address/phone number.
    If they don't want to connect, I'll bid them a very emotional fairwell. I'll post one last instagram story and post one last tweet. I'll spam post in Wormhole( @puccellino don't say I do it now anyways xD).
    The internet has shaped my childhood as well as teen years, I'll bloody miss it.
    (Btw, post no.1)
    Some friends I'll always remember if it shuts down: @Tokolozi @YRJ @TheGadgetGirl @Yash Pratap Singh. And @puccellino (^_^)

12. Yash Pratap Singh.
    Lollipop Nov 27, 2020

13. Crusher2107
    Eclair Nov 27, 2020

14. Infinity007
    Honeycomb Nov 27, 2020

Y1603743008207 likes this.
  15. SRD.
    Lollipop Nov 27, 2020

SRD. , via OnePlus 7T , Nov 27, 2020 :
    Hahahaa. This is it for the weekend ??? For a weekend Internet shutdown is a poor idea.

I was thinking about the same.

@Tokolozi I am waiting for your comment.

16. Abhishek654
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Nord 2 Nov 27, 2020

17. YRJ

YRJ , Nov 27, 2020 :
    Best part, even if you're blocked it doesn't matter anymore :p

18. Starcommander
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Nov 27, 2020

Starcommander , Nov 27, 2020 :
    "I want FM radio in next Update" threads coming soon™ 🤣

MRTLima, amangoel, cdnfarmer and 11 others like this.
  19. Terminator46
    Cupcake Nov 27, 2020

20. Abhishek654
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Nord 2 Nov 27, 2020

Abhishek654 , Nov 27, 2020 :
    Exactly.