The invite system is frustrating, but ultimately a good thing!

1. clayginn Jelly Bean Apr 29, 2014

clayginn, Apr 29, 2014 :
    Agreed but all three of the others was the same. You need to understand this, the company is new. they may have a ton of experience but the company is new. There sales process, Shipping process, and even manufacturing process is all untested. This is in my opinion the best option to test all these things and get the phone into the hands of your advertiser (US)

7eguitar likes this.
  2. ConnorShortt Jelly Bean Apr 29, 2014

ConnorShortt, Apr 29, 2014 :
    I think my problem is the element of uncertainty. If it was a normal release, I could wait for the day, try and buy it, and if not, keep trying until it works. With invites, I have no idea when I'll get one, it could be May 21st, or July, or any other time, that's my problem.

7eguitar likes this.
  3. clayginn Jelly Bean Apr 29, 2014

clayginn, Apr 29, 2014 :
    yea I do wish they had said up front that Forum members from this date have nothing to worry about or something like that.

ConnorShortt likes this.
  4. jaaagman Honeycomb Apr 29, 2014

jaaagman, Apr 29, 2014 :
    Given that OPO is a small company, I don't think there really was a better solution. If they had a pre-order system, that probably would have just crashed their website on launch day. The inevitable backlog that would have resulted would be a different source of complaint for impatient buyers. Ask anyone who bought a Nexus 4.

The one thing that OPO could have done better was to establish the starting date for the invites.

clayginn likes this.
  5. hdlineage Honeycomb Apr 29, 2014

hdlineage, Apr 29, 2014 :
    If the company can't handle the amount of potential buyers, we will look into other alternatives. This is the reality. Not everyone is patient enough to wait 3 or 4 months to get an invite. The phone needs to be available in a timely manner or it will become irrelavant in the market.

6. 7eguitar Honeycomb Apr 29, 2014

7eguitar, Apr 29, 2014 :
    Right on the money. I hate pre orders. I would much rather this invite system any day.

7. clayginn Jelly Bean Apr 29, 2014

clayginn, Apr 29, 2014 :
    Agreed but the invite system is only for a short time. 2-3 weeks. They just failed to explain that and everyone took it as this is the way you will buy the phone. The phone is already listed on Cellphone warehouse Although is 100 higher

8. clayginn Jelly Bean Apr 29, 2014

clayginn, Apr 29, 2014 :
    Totally agree. Look at this forum. 3 weeks ago it was at 5000 members. Now it's over 25000. Also over 100,000 signed up for the smash and that was a few days ago. So if they have 50,00 phones at launch and did a normal pre-order. They would sell out in minutes and have a lot of upset forum members.