the IPhone is a status symbol

1. aybee
    Froyo Sep 11, 2014

aybee , Sep 11, 2014 :
    me too! should i buy 6plus

2. BunnyX
    Froyo Sep 11, 2014

BunnyX , Sep 11, 2014 :
    Yeah, its a symbol of stupidity. If you dont know anything about tech and your new. Its great for those types of people. Otherwise, always android.

Truth_Stalker likes this.
  3. Truth_Stalker
    Gingerbread Sep 11, 2014

Truth_Stalker , Sep 11, 2014 :
    I honestly do wish that HTC would sue Apple for stealing the design for the back of the iPhone 6 from their HTC One (M8). I really do. :rolleyes::p:cool:

4. Zachsaxe
    Lollipop Sep 11, 2014

Zachsaxe , Sep 11, 2014 :
    The don't need to line up for the OPO it's available for them

5. chindynasty
    Honeycomb Sep 11, 2014

chindynasty , Sep 11, 2014 :
    Please no more iphone thread's. Not too much to talk about. Oh wait, they just hired Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon as spokes person.

6. Krakaass
    Gingerbread Sep 11, 2014

Krakaass , Sep 11, 2014 :
    I really don't think its a status thing. It's more about being comfortable with what you know, even if its not the best.

Deactivated User likes this.
  7. consequense
    Donut Sep 11, 2014

consequense , Sep 11, 2014 :
    I don't think its dumb. I actually like the iphone. It JUST WORKS. I've had android for years and usually after a year or so, when upgrades come through my phone has consistently been unstable because most manufacturers won't support your phone with the latest android build, but instead want you to buy a new phone. So yes, I can save on the front in with a cheaper android phone but lose stability in 12-24 months or I can pay on the front with an apple iphone that is supported with update to date software/firmware for usually 4+ years.

Just depends on what you like IMHO.

Scoobems and Deactivated User like this.
  8. bakal_daw
    Honeycomb Sep 11, 2014

9. jhernandez35
    Cupcake Sep 11, 2014

jhernandez35 , Sep 11, 2014 :
    I love how people say people that buy iphones are idiots and only buy it because its a status symbol yet I've seen tons of people here on these forums begging and pleading for an invite to spend $300 on a phone.
    Isn't that having money to throw around as well?
    I've seen on these forums people that are willing to tell you a stupid joke or sing you a song or tell you a sad story among other things all for the opportunity to spend $300 on a phone.

10. SeriusNtentions
    Sep 11, 2014

SeriusNtentions , Sep 11, 2014 :
    Not me lol! That 64GB iPhone Plus is worth more than my 2003 Ford Focus Wagon! Yes I am living the dream in Canada thanks to Don Harper!

11. lpjt220
    Cupcake Sep 11, 2014

lpjt220 , Sep 11, 2014 :
    And now we have the Apple watch. Nothing is better than a 350$ watch from an overrated company.

12. laloman18
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 11, 2014

laloman18 , Sep 11, 2014 :
    Smapple iBitch phones are are directed to dumb women. The easier it is the less they get a headache from trying to think!

Now with the iBitch 6 in which they r trying to catchup with the Android big boys in size and features is likely that it will attract more fags into getting it even as the UI has been the "Same O' Shit!" since day 1...

13. laloman18

laloman18 , Sep 11, 2014 :
    Tell me about it. That gayWatch will make those fellas that ware it look more gayer than they already r.

I will never subtitude my manly Invicta high quality craftsmanship watch for a smApple gayWatch!...

14. chongswee
    Jelly Bean Sep 11, 2014

15. Kristerjohnsen
    Gingerbread Sep 11, 2014

16. CarDusan

CarDusan , Sep 11, 2014 :
    Seriously? Are you sure you have an OPO phone? :) jk ...

1. NO... 2. NO... 3. Yes and No...
    Now my kind of answers:
    1. Asking sarcastic questions will not get you extra enjoyment when you are recharging your iphone for 3rd time during the same day; will not get you enjoyment when you find out that not only you will go to store to buy your new iphone, but you will be repeating visitor to the Apple Store "Genius"Bar to troubleshoot all the bs issues that iPhone has had since the day 1 they released their first phone...
    2. You can call Apple for your iPhone, and whatever you need - you WILL end up going to the store to meet with the "Genius" dud who will tell you that your "apps are crashing and causing your phone to act like it has gremlins in it"... you will be soooo happy that you can call them... trust me - really happy...
    3. Latest Software is incorrect statement and very liquid for the lack of the better word: instead your iPhone "updates" you will get an awesome super hybrid on steroids of Android OS version that 99% of other phones DO NOT HAVE! How about that!??!

So... yeah - tell your friend she can "travel to past" by buying the iPhone 2014 edition called iPhone 6 - and then she can go to store, buy it, then call all she wants, and then go to store again, and then finally can show-off she got new latest update so she can enjoy all those latest features of the Apple candy called Bullshit! - then, she will realize that past is worse than future is,,, and she will switch sooner or later to the phone that have surpassed Apple mobile world light years ago...

How about them apples!?!?!?!? :)

17. Jake_Wies
    Gingerbread Sep 11, 2014

Jake_Wies , Sep 11, 2014 :
    I don't think I would call it a status symbol. I think many consumers don't search out better options for themselves. They see Apple everywhere and assume that it is the Be All End All, but for those who've experienced both sides, that isn't the case.

18. StoneCotton
    Cupcake Sep 11, 2014

19. punith

20. Phones101
    Froyo Sep 11, 2014