The Lab - 2nd Round Reviews of OnePlus 8 Pro

1. F1588052704424 , via OnePlus Community App , May 3, 2020 :
    A few weeks ago, reports surfaced pointing out flaws in the display of the OnePlus 8 Pro. There were widespread complaints over green tint issues and a black crush problem. OnePlus promised to investigate the matter, and it would seem that the company has now made a decision.

Going by a post on the Reddit OnePlus forum, OnePlus has now acknowledged the black crush issue and is classifying it as a hardware defect. The company also gives buyers three options: repair, refund, or a replacement. That's about par for issues like this.

The post has been corroborated by other users on the forum. However, it remains unclear as to whether the company is taking the same stance on the green tint issue, as it's similarly a display problem. OnePlus has sent two updates to the OnePlus 8 Pro since the complains began, but the issue persists, supporting our initial assertion that it's a hardware defect as opposed to a software problem

2. kumarakash900 , via OnePlus Community App , May 3, 2020 :
    Dear Users I had Been A User Of an One Plus one
    I was A start Kick Of One Plus I Have Been Used All phones Like Which Can Be Rearly Used By people for Like Gaming And For Photographs Purpose and This Used Best I have Been Used to play high Graphics Games and I loved Using OnePlus This phone helped me a lot and I live in Banglore and This is the place of many software company if some users will Be happen some problem like to use or to buy this phone
    so go a head to OnePlus the best companies
    my
    Gmail :- ak47akashakumar@gmail.com
    thank you

3. MosheG1
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer May 3, 2020

4. kumarakash900 , via OnePlus Community App , May 3, 2020 :
    Dear Users I had Been A User Of an One Plus one
    I was A start Kick Of One Plus I Have Been Used All phones Like Which Can Be Rearly Used By people for Like Gaming And For Photographs Purpose and This Used Best I have Been Used to play high Graphics Games and I loved Using OnePlus This phone helped me a lot and I live in Banglore and This is the place of many software company if some users will Be happen some problem like to use or to buy this phone
    so go a head to OnePlus the best companies
    my
    Gmail :- ak47akashakumar@gmail.com
    thank you

manszour7 likes this.

6. manjunathgowda48
    Cupcake May 3, 2020

7. 27sunnykumar
    Eclair May 4, 2020

8. 27sunnykumar
    Eclair May 4, 2020

9. 27sunnykumar
    Eclair May 4, 2020

27sunnykumar , May 4, 2020 :
    But not so high for everyone

10. Harish Kumar Singh
    Donut May 4, 2020

11. Sandeep Thapliyal
    Eclair May 4, 2020

12. Nobu01
    Gingerbread May 4, 2020

Nobu01 , via OnePlus 7T Pro , May 4, 2020 :
    This is why they are firing in Europe, it is because they have abused prices and nobody buys, logical !

Pay 1000 € to have a downgrade at the camera level which is nothing more extraordinary on the 8 Pro !

13. Q1523361376753
    Cupcake May 5, 2020

14. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer May 5, 2020

Dunnow , May 5, 2020 :
    Nice to see that the lab now includes the color variants being shipped out. That's one of the things I'd have liked seeing when I was part of the Lab for the 6. Would've loved to get a white version to see in person.

Keep it up OP, mix the options in there, next step, ship some normal 8 devices (or give the option to choose) to the participants see if anyone prefers a smaller form factor

15. Dunnow

Dunnow , May 5, 2020 :
    Talk for yourself, almost no one in europe wants the camera to be messed with. We want pure images and not altered artificial shit on them. For thar you have other apps or photoshop.

Once you mess up an original there's no going back.

otto2 likes this.
  16. cadeepakbansal
    Gingerbread May 5, 2020

cadeepakbansal , via OnePlus 7T , May 5, 2020 :
    Even the pure images with no Artificial effect, are very poor specially from front Cam. Did you & your team ever worked to make the so called pure images Best.

17. Dunnow

Dunnow , May 5, 2020 :
    My team? what makes you think I have a team or any position at oneplus whatsoever? o_o

I don't even own an op7, thought, seen enough pictures from friends to know images are not that poor... quite a decent bump from the 6t series

otto2 likes this.
  18. cadeepakbansal
    Gingerbread May 5, 2020

cadeepakbansal , via OnePlus 7T , May 5, 2020 :
    I have OP 7T & the images from front camera in indoor lighting are Blurred, Lacking detailes & sharpness. Even after six months of its launch, no update to resolve these issues. Slow motion 960fps still not available & slow motion camera is blinking light in low indoor lighting.

19. Dunnow

Dunnow , May 5, 2020 :
    well, lets go by parts.

@otto2 can show you some incredible shots with the OP7, indoor lighting is always an issue. By just the pure mechanics of how optics in a camera work. Still, I bet the OP7t is more than decent.

Slow motion at 960 was never promised nor sold with the device right? It's a nice to have, but cmon...

Any slow motion camera will be blinking, particularly in low indoor lighting. One of the causes is called video banding. You can google that yourself. The other cause is that the sensor has to work extra hard during slow motion and the light is captured un-evenly. If you add that to the video banding, the result is what it is.

The best part is you expecting to actually have a decent result a decent slow motion in low light to begin with...

otto2 likes this.