1. BeingIncog
    Nougat May 5, 2020

BeingIncog , May 5, 2020 :
    upload_2020-5-5_17-48-48.png :(

2. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer May 5, 2020

Dunnow , May 5, 2020 :
    oh it was, then 100% should be there. I'll take my words back on that one
    I see now it was promised as an update that was never delivered... the main issue here is that they list it on the website as included then

otto2 and BeingIncog like this.
  3. BeingIncog
    Nougat May 5, 2020

BeingIncog , May 5, 2020 :
    so much marketing failures, oneplus fix this!!!

otto2 likes this.
  4. cadeepakbansal
    Gingerbread May 5, 2020

cadeepakbansal , via OnePlus 7T , May 5, 2020 :
    Agree with your explanation for Slow motion.

But don't you think, much improvement is required in Camera Section??

5. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer May 5, 2020

Dunnow , May 5, 2020 :

here's more info on the camera flicker tingie.

Camera improvement is all I would care right now from a phone TBH. At the same time you gotta think on what that means for a phone.

OnePlus is doing quite a bit of post-processing on the camera results. Tones, Shadows, HDR, Stacking, vibrance etc. It's quite a "opinion" based result. How optimised this post-processing changes radically the results. Look at Google Pixel phones for example. They take amazing pictures, the problem there (even though i love them) is that the photo looks really nice on a screen, but it's no longer an accurate representation of reality, so, the decision starts on "how much" do you want OnePlus to modify that picture.

I'm quite happy with the results that they've been giving. If you check my camera performance post about the OP6 Lab edition, when I was part of it, I compared the camera performance to a Note 8 (best camera at that moment) and OP6 outperformed it by a lot, in most situations. My main problem with OnePlus came in the op5 when photos were too denoised and too dehazed, so, everything was muddy. Now I see lots of details with generally a good exposure and no bleed of colors.

There's tons of things that interfere with proper photography, but then again, to what device are you comparing the output? Is it from the same sensor? Generation? can it take accurate colors from the scene?

I mean, everyone loves iPhone photos, but I quite dislike them, sky is always super saturated, depth is lost due to vibrance being upped a lot... etc.

So, yes, OnePlus should provide the FPS that they promised, my bad there. But for the rest, even though I do not own the phone, I'm pretty happy with the results, have quite a few albums from op7 pro users in Amsterdam and I envy their extra lenses and how sharp some pictures are in comparison to the ones I took form the 6t

otto2 likes this.
  6. otto2
    Photography Expert May 5, 2020

otto2 , May 5, 2020 :
    as far as i remember the 960 fps slo mo was only advertized for 7T series after some update. It was present on some Open Beta for the 7 Pro but worked on my 7 Pro very bad- at all you had 2 seconds of time to catch the moment - and that s all and you ll need a huge amount of natural light. So you need many tries to get a proper timing and this mode is also just a software interpolation- quality will never be good here. Bad quality of main sensor ? Check the Shot on oneplus contests, the travel photography thread and some more- low light quality? Have done some astrography shots last december, not too bad for a smartphone sensor. Of course there s always room for improvement, i ve criticized a lot here and also directly to camera team members,they are aware of almost every issue , but there are always limitations, manpower, hardware, licence issues and maybe some more. And upper management might block camrera team , because they have their own priority list, like Gaming mode or whatever.
    Front camera? Don t use it so often, works good enough here- if i want a good picture, i use best sensor and that s the main sensor. Ah- don t forget: Focus distance for front camera on OP78 series is around 30 cm- so everything nearer or more distant can never get in focus.

BeingIncog likes this.
  7. MautikMehta
    Donut May 6, 2020

MautikMehta , May 6, 2020 :
    With great speed comes a good power. OnePlus is powerful and hence the phone too... Loved the reviews and looking forward for the OnePlus 8 Pro feel in my hands soon!

8. DVNK09
    Gingerbread May 6, 2020

9. Georgeoneplus7pro
    Jelly Bean May 6, 2020

Georgeoneplus7pro , May 6, 2020 :
    I hope that the 8T series will have a full screen without an unpleasant hole in the display, so that I can move on to the next flagship 1+

10. Z1586330693562
    Eclair May 7, 2020

11. aris
    Jelly Bean May 9, 2020

12. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer May 16, 2020

Dunnow , May 16, 2020 :
    seems like 960fps is now on the beta builds for the 7t :3

13. cadeepakbansal
    Gingerbread May 16, 2020

14. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer May 17, 2020

Dunnow , May 17, 2020 :
    might be there in the next 2 months cicle release. the thing is that they are working on it

15. Alfaiz_gandhi
    Cupcake May 21, 2020

16. Artemus.
    Nougat May 23, 2020

Artemus. , May 23, 2020 :
    You're better off selling it and using the money toward buying a new phone.

F1588052704424 and Alfaiz_gandhi like this.
  17. VINOD_PATEL
    Cupcake Jun 15, 2020

18. F1588052704424
    Cupcake Jul 31, 2020

19. Omar322
    Froyo Jul 31, 2020

Omar322 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 31, 2020 :
    What they have to do is answer the users when the hell is that they are going to enable the dual without the OnePlus 8Pro that many people buy them because we wanted this option, is that nobody in the OnePlus Tream has the pants to answer this or It is great for you to enable the Dual Sim For USA

bodo60 likes this.