The Lab Brainstorm - help us make this tradition even better.

1. rameshshreyas Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 10, 2019

rameshshreyas, Jan 10, 2019 :
    1. What do you think about using a poll to decide the finalists? The OnePlus team will do the preliminary selection first to ensure the quality of entries.

I agree with the above posts that even in polls favoritism will seep in and hinder objectivity. What we can do is create a new web page for posting our entries, hide our names and bring it to a poll. No more thread posts. Like a form. In that way the identity of the write is kept anonymous and people will judge by their content.

2. If we decide to run a poll, what would you personally see as ‘cheating’ behavior?

Buying votes, like giving them stuff for votes, copying ideas from earlier posts, lack of originality. Creating fake accounts and using it to vote.

3. If candidates call on their friends or relatives to vote for them, is that acceptable?

To some extent it is fine. But as I've said before, it hampers objectivity.

4.What criteria should the team use in our initial selection?

Structure of review, like is he/she trying to tell a story, how good is their transitions, what topics he/she is explaining, how detailed is it, it doesn't matter if they do not explain each and every part of the phone as long as they explain 1 or 2 features in depth.

5. What questions should we ask in the application form? Normally, we ask people to write a review their favorite electronic gadgets and upload several examples of their own photography.

How long have they known the company, how long have they used Smartphones, review of their gadgets, and a review of a gadget that did not like it. Criticism is important as Fanboys tend to blindly support the company thinking that if they say good things about the company they tend to be accepted. Criticism is essential to a review.

6. Do you have any other suggestions for ’The Lab’?
    Increase number of winners! Give them more chances to win. And make me a winner. That is important. xD

iNtEnSePL likes this.
  2. KamOz Cupcake Jan 10, 2019

KamOz, Jan 10, 2019 :

3. Neatpetec Cupcake Jan 10, 2019

Neatpetec, Jan 10, 2019 :
    I agree totally. It shows to me a lack of morals, to blag a freebie. I went to a trusted retailer, whose salesman knows nothing about taste, or the merits of a particular phone. I had done my research. I left with my purchase hot in my hands, eager to see it working. I wasnt dissatisfied. if you 1(1+) wish to thank an owner for a particular fine piece of research, or help to the community then fine, do so. but please don't ask for performing seals

4. theshinybeast Lollipop Jan 10, 2019

theshinybeast, Jan 10, 2019 :
    You speak "seal" ? Impressive.

5. iNtEnSePL KitKat Jan 10, 2019

SJBoss likes this.
  6. Neatpetec Cupcake Jan 11, 2019

Neatpetec, Jan 11, 2019 :
    I am sure if you add 1 letter (v) mix and you get 'slave' . If you perform to get something for nothing ... can you give it a better name?

7. YASHPLUSONE. Jelly Bean Jan 11, 2019

SJBoss likes this.
  8. SJBoss KitKat Jan 11, 2019

SJBoss, Jan 11, 2019 :
    Umm... Good question :p
    Boi... that's
    [​IMG]
    hawwt.
    [​IMG]

like the Professional phone photographer right?
    Indeed! Burn Him!!
    [​IMG]
    Hi!
    Nope. it's good the way it is, maybe just improve the process? people already suggested good stuff on that matter.
    the winners chosen with poll votes would be called cheaters, even if they did not cheat, yea jealousy does that to people.
    again enough suggestions on that part too.
    Current questions are good enough, the photography part shouldn't be compulsory cause not everyone can master that art, but it should add an extra value for the same reason.
    umm... almost everything has been said already(yea I read the whole thread don't judge me), but as an author of Rant thread(s?) on the said topic, I'd like to add my suggestions, yes... I'll try to keep it short (weird right?)

1. OnePlus needs to decide what purpose the LAB akchually serve? marketing? or they want to listen to what the average user thinks about the device? the latter was the original thoughts behind the LAB. figure that out, let us know and you'll never gonna need a thread like this again.

2. 10 Reviewers are enough, including Let's Talk Winners (6+4).

3. I wanna know the nitty-gritty that's why I'm on forums and not on youtube, so more focus on that.

4. This is where it all started, this is where the most important stuff happens (or that's what OnePlus want us to believe?) and this is where the LAB originated, so I think It should be forum only, no more "ghosts". OnePlus can give away a thousand device on other social platforms be it Instagram, facebook or youtube for all I care.

5. No advertisement about the LAB contest on social media platforms, Advertising The LAB Reviews is perfectly fine with me, and I'm sure that'll attract good crowd instead of greedy people.

6. No professional Smartphone photographers...... Please. :rolleyes:

i'll Maybe Update this Later, that's all for now.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019

Bouncer71, iNtEnSePL and B_Wrath like this.
  9. SJBoss KitKat Jan 11, 2019

SJBoss, Jan 11, 2019 :
    I wouldn't say that because the thread was successfully derailed. after a few pages of valid debate, it became a pointless argument.

Bouncer71 and YASHPLUSONE. like this.
  10. YASHPLUSONE. Jelly Bean Jan 11, 2019

YASHPLUSONE., Jan 11, 2019 :
    I disagree there, the thread never derailed instead it paved its own way!
    That is exactly how it works, no 2 minds think alike.
    The thread went places and it was nice reading it, took me more than an hour but I made it to the end.
    I was surprised by the opinions of a couple people but can't blame anyone, since everyone has their own. You got to voice out your concern, though locked for replies it is clearly visible and leaves an indelible mark on the readers mind. ;)
    The thread maybe older than a year but the situation is still the same. Hope it changes with this brainstorm!
    ...................And it's 3:00AM again :confused:

SJBoss likes this.
  11. B_Wrath Lollipop Jan 12, 2019

B_Wrath, Jan 12, 2019 :
    I see what you did there:rolleyes::smirk:

Bouncer71 and SJBoss like this.
  12. SJBoss KitKat Jan 12, 2019

SJBoss, Jan 12, 2019 :
    [​IMG]
    ah, yea...I myself as well.
    if someone spends that amount of time yes, which is a rare case.
    and I just noticed your avatar, very inappropriate :rolleyes:
    well i made it obvious :rolleyes:

YASHPLUSONE. likes this.
  13. YASHPLUSONE. Jelly Bean Jan 12, 2019

YASHPLUSONE., Jan 12, 2019 :
    Indeed!

It goes without saying, I did! ;)

What' s wrong with the avatar!? You don't like Gwen ? :oops:
    I do not know how that it related to 3:00 AM.
    but take my word, good people have no place in this society! :cool: neither in the lab!

SJBoss likes this.
  14. SJBoss KitKat Jan 12, 2019

SJBoss, Jan 12, 2019 :
    :rolleyes:
    it's not,
    [​IMG]

YASHPLUSONE. likes this.
  15. Tommi Boom Cupcake Jan 12, 2019

Tommi Boom, Jan 12, 2019 :
    I actually know very little about The Lab, but I think the perfect way to use a form -which is the best option to me- is to require community authentication and a minimum of replies/posts on the community to enter. This way who knows nothing about OnePlus or the Community won't be able to vote something he doesn't even know, but just to support a friend.

16. pacoalbacete Donut Jan 12, 2019

pacoalbacete, Jan 12, 2019 :
    why cant we remover the app box? i dont know the word to say it but why cant we set all the icons on the main screen?

M1539188244453 likes this.
  17. V1547367997853 Cupcake Jan 13, 2019

V1547367997853, Jan 13, 2019 :
    Hi I suggest that OnePlus 7 must have a infinity display hole punch camera and cameras on top left I hope it will help you

18. M1539188244453 Cupcake Jan 13, 2019

19. V1547367997853 Cupcake Jan 13, 2019

20. nyzproof333 Jelly Bean Jan 13, 2019

nyzproof333, Jan 13, 2019 :
    The “Lab” is lame. There is no way One Plus would allow someone to give an overall underwhelming review and in the end, not recommend the device.

For that reason, the “Lab” is a joke.

How to fix it? I dont care enough to participate in the charade.