The Lab Brainstorm - help us make this tradition even better.

1. iNtEnSePL
    KitKat Jan 8, 2019

iNtEnSePL , Jan 8, 2019 :
    Here's the list for the last OP6T Lab

I'm not drawing any conclusions, I leave it to Forum members. Props for work they have done, I did the list so you can see how the "user" stucture is built for The Lab - is it accident? Tell me how many of the first group is back on forums? The second group would stay here anyways ;)

maarten_lisboa: photographer, instagrammer (~2k instafollowers / <150 posts on forum, 2 threads)
    ankitgondalia: professional photographer, instagrammer (~5k instafollowers, <700 posts on forum, 3 threads)
    Falk Thieme: instagrammer (~650 instafollowers, <50 posts on forum, 1 thread)
    RedDustBeast: a lucky? guy out of nowhere - came and went, noone heard back from him ;) (8 posts on forum !!!!, 1 thread)
    Menasheh: a lucky programmer? (<30 posts on forum, 1 thread)
    zepedropaulos: a lucky instagrammer? (~150 instafollowers, ~30 posts on forum, 1 thread)
    ObnoxiousMeow: a lucky cat lover, Pokemon Go addict and Instagram viewer ;) (30 posts on forum, 2 threads)

and last but not least

Drewbikscube: a lucky Jelly Bean, Twitter person, Let's Talk Wordsmith, over 4 years on the forum
    luigimario: a lucky KitKat, over 2 years on the forum
    Shivang Joshi: a lucky KitKat, Let's Talk Wordsmith, over 3 years on the forum

edit: and when you start looking at the OP6 Lab winners, the structure will be exactly the same - 3-4 active forum users, the rest are forum ghosts or 1-time only users (for the sake of the contest only)

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019

SJBoss, Joel B, malidan and 4 others like this.
  2. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Jan 8, 2019

YRJ , Jan 8, 2019 :
    I tried to highlight the same stuff somewhere else earlier, but they did not seem to like it so much. The post was later deleted as off-topic lol!
    In this place it suits well, is on-point and will probably not be deleted!
    Nice background study though 8D

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019

Punk_69 and iNtEnSePL like this.
  3. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jan 8, 2019

Dunnow , Jan 8, 2019 :
    As a Lab winner myself I feel bad about this statement, I really do hope you are thinking on particular people and not most of us...

I know and befriended a few other lab reviewers (basically because we are put together un whatsapp groups for a few weeks) and I would not say they feel like on any higher level whatsoever. Or at least, not due to being a lab selected user. May come more with the personality of a particular being / group of beings.

But in the case of being me, one of those users that made you feel like that, I do hope you forgive me for it, as I can assure you, I'm not trying to be above anyone due to winning a contest or two.

I bet @dsmonteiro @NeVeR_SeTTLe @FlixbusLennart among others feel the same about it... We all are pro community in some sort of way or another. I doubt any of us (or some of the other community members) would do such a thing. Granted though, I've only read reviews from the community members I recognized and totally skipped the ones from the other media sources.

4. The_Unkown
    Jelly Bean Jan 8, 2019

The_Unkown , Jan 8, 2019 :
    @Dunnow

yes , I know not all of them are biased , but there are few. please don't be offended. Plus it's only my idea , so u should not take it seriously. Please.

Dunnow likes this.
  5. Dunnow

Dunnow , Jan 8, 2019 :
    Do me, do me!

[​IMG]

:p

I do agree on the pattern, at the same time, I see the value of adding photographers with quite a following in IG, they do add a nice value as in a marketing standpoint. But there's a difference between active members and a nice marketing move to a random average guy who will be not seen anymore in the future, yes.

Joel B and iNtEnSePL like this.
  6. The_Unkown
    Jelly Bean Jan 8, 2019

The_Unkown , Jan 8, 2019 :
    Thank you , you mentioned , I should not blame everyone for one mistake . I have edited the section. I really didn't want to offend any of the trusted reviewer , but it seems to hurt those who have done best of their work.

If u leave behind that thing , how do u see my concept of selecting the lab reviewer ?

7. BeingIncog
    Nougat Jan 8, 2019

BeingIncog , Jan 8, 2019 :
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. FlixbusLennart

FlixbusLennart , Jan 8, 2019 :
    I haven't read your idea tbh but I want to say something about being biased.

Of course, we were, are and will always be biased. You have to be a OnePlus fan of some kind to be active here and compete in such an event. (Malidan is just here for distraction but that's very welcome lol)

Bouncer71 likes this.
  9. iNtEnSePL
    KitKat Jan 8, 2019

Joel B, Dunnow and Luigi Gaudino like this.
  10. maarten_lisboa
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Jan 8, 2019

maarten_lisboa , Jan 8, 2019 :
    Nice research..

So only people who are active since 3 or more years should be part of the lab?

11. script
    Nougat Moderator Jan 8, 2019

script , Jan 8, 2019 :
    What about only 2013 members....

theshinybeast and maarten_lisboa like this.
  12. maarten_lisboa

They get a personal phone named after them and a statue.

(working in my post count so I can reach 150 posts before the end of the year [e]1f609[/e]) FBI is on me

script likes this.
  13. iNtEnSePL
    KitKat Jan 8, 2019

If I was personally to decide, which is not the case and never will be, I'd invite to the lab people who actually contribute to the forums on the forums, and leave Instagram and fb influencers aside, and have separate projects for them. Users active only when they get a free phone is worthless for me, regardless of the quality of reviews they can produce.

14. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Jan 8, 2019

dsmonteiro , Jan 8, 2019 :
    Sorry, but since when is someone with 650 followers an Instagrammer? Or even 2k, for that matter?

And FWIW, @maarten_lisboa was already actively contributing on the forums before he won the contest, and so was @ankitgondalia. Or do you think that only people with thousands of posts are worthy of getting picked to the Lab?

15. tristanjamessario
    Cupcake Jan 8, 2019

16. maarten_lisboa

iNtEnSePL

If I was personally to decide, which is not the case and never will be, I'd invite to the lab people who actually contribute to the forums on the forums, and leave Instagram and fb influencers aside, and have separate projects for them. Users active only when they get a free phone is worthless for me, regardless of the quality of reviews they can produce.​

So what is active for you? I joined way before the contest but I'm not an active forum user no. I mostly active on the photography section because that's what I love to do.
    My instagram is not the reason I got selected, if not they would just asked me to take some pictures.

I think you proved that oneplus allready has a fine mix of older active members and new ones. It doesn't matter how long they are active in my opinion, if they do a good job they are more than welcome to be selected.

On topic.

I think I would like to see less than 10 reviews in the future. I didn't read them all this year and actually I never read them all the past year.

I don't think that voting would be a good idea either. The popular members will always get the likes.

Maybe those who were a lab member before could help with the selection. Each gets some reviews to read and selects those that he or she likes? That way it will be less work for the oneplus team? In the end they should decide who will be part of the Lab.

A good mix of active forum users and newbies should be kept. Because it never hurts to get some new opinions.
    And in the end there will always be people who aren't happy, that's how it goes. We should all be lucky that we get this opportunity to review a new device.

Happy 2019.

script and dsmonteiro like this.
  17. iNtEnSePL
    KitKat Jan 8, 2019

I did the list without judging anyone, so please spare me this. I was asked what I think and I replied. That's it.

The whole Lab is nothing more than marketing tool so I don't know what the whole fuss is about.

SJBoss and YRJ like this.
  18. maarten_lisboa

Well you did. You edited and made a conclusion about 3-4 active members and others are ghosts or dissappear after the contest..and since you mentioned my name I had to reply.

Anyway, no worries. That's what forums are about, conversations and differences in opinions.

iNtEnSePL likes this.
  19. iNtEnSePL
    KitKat Jan 8, 2019

ghosts didn't reply ;)

YRJ likes this.
  20. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Jan 8, 2019

script likes this.