[THE LAB] Dunnow's OnePlus 6 review

1. S1526007093329 Cupcake Jun 10, 2018

2. Rick Manders KitKat Community Expert Jun 10, 2018

Rick Manders, Jun 10, 2018 :
    You clearly don’t know who you’re talking about. If there is a fault/issue to find with this phone I trust him to report it here, just as he did if you have read his review.
    #stupidreasoning

Dunnow likes this.
  3. G_Nagarjun_k_izah Donut Jun 10, 2018

4. WhoAreU Froyo Jun 10, 2018

WhoAreU, Jun 10, 2018 :
    Yeah yeah if you say so
    Bet he has missed some faults he's having

5. MilanMoradia Froyo Jun 10, 2018

MilanMoradia, Jun 10, 2018 :
    significantly heating and battery drain issue on my op6 in oxygen 5.1.6. last second update was very much battery friendly . may be i have 2 sim card inserted so ill check with 1 sim too and than come back.

6. R1528469116627 Cupcake Jun 10, 2018

7. Dunnow The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jun 10, 2018

Dunnow, Jun 10, 2018 :
    which faults am I having that I missed exactly?

Are we talking something super specific that not everyone would test? or basic functionality?

Please enlighten us. I'm willing to either prove you wrong or completely agree if you've found any fault that I can reproduce too.

Rick Manders likes this.
  8. Dunnow The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jun 10, 2018

Dunnow, Jun 10, 2018 :
    5.1.6 has not been released yet on my region, some other lab reviewers have not said anything about losing battery since the update, I would recommend to clean cache after each update it could potentially solve issues like this. Not that I like them happening at all.

That I cannot talk about, for the same as above, I don't have 5.1.6, but clear cache on the camera.

If still does not help, you can contact oneplus support via phone or chat, I'm sure they would be able to assist you pretty fast.

9. Dunnow The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jun 10, 2018

Dunnow, Jun 10, 2018 :
    hey dude, wanna buy my review? half bitcoin and I'll say whatever you desire from your product. a full bitcoin and I'll hide every issue found.

Want some review bro?

x'D

Damn dude... for once that I have nice things to say about oneplus and people complain about me being a sold out now xD

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018

Rick Manders likes this.
  10. MilanMoradia Froyo Jun 11, 2018

MilanMoradia, Jun 11, 2018 :
    Yesterday I Tried By Disabling Second Simcard. And It Works Fine. Also At My Office Network Is Also Lower So May Be Thats The Reason To Drain Battery And Make It Heat.

Dunnow likes this.
  11. Dunnow The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jun 11, 2018

Dunnow, Jun 11, 2018 :
    you can always log this and send the data to OnePlus.

there are people in the forums called bug hunters that basically are here to notice people with issues and get the data on how to reproduce them. so OnePlus can fix it.

contacting customer support will also give you the same result. of there's an issue with the 2 Sims, report it and maybe gets fixed soon enough

12. MilanMoradia Froyo Jun 11, 2018

MilanMoradia, Jun 11, 2018 :
    Yes. Thank You So Much.

13. Rick Manders KitKat Community Expert Jun 11, 2018

Rick Manders, Jun 11, 2018 :
    That’s a sweet deal! I’ll be sure to let you know if I ever need a review done. :D

Dunnow likes this.
  14. WhoAreU Froyo Jun 11, 2018

WhoAreU, Jun 11, 2018 :
    You never mentioned this in your review :rolleyes:

15. Dunnow The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jun 11, 2018

Dunnow, Jun 11, 2018 :
    I did not mention it because BT has worked with 3 phones and 2 computers so far. I did not manage to pair it, while driving with my car (and having another device paired).

The moment I unpaired my old device, the 6 worked fine, so, it is not an issue to mention, at best, an anecdote.

Regarding the audio being outputed through the phone, again, could be something I have to configure through the car unit. As it picks up the call automatically for me and might **** up with the device protocol itself.

If you feel that is enough for me to put on the review, you are free to do so, I would rather test properly and make sure it's an issue. I used the car 10 minutes since I got the phone... I would not feel good about myself saying it has issues with something I have not yet tested properly.

(besides, the review was written already when I noticed that too)

Also, if you think I have not criticized them you should read again. I've clearly stated the video is not up to par and that there's some UI things I don't like, as well as audio issues that got solved already on their update... plus that other devices might be better for the basic stuff at half the price.

If that is not enough criticism for you, too bad. I'm not gonna trash-talk a device that has done wonders for me so far just because you feel I have to.

Rick Manders likes this.
  16. WhoAreU Froyo Jun 11, 2018

WhoAreU, Jun 11, 2018 :
    Ok :rolleyes: funny how you have a free phone and your whole attitude has changed towards oneplus :oops:

17. Dunnow The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jun 12, 2018

Dunnow, Jun 12, 2018 :
    I got the phone for free indeed. I was gonna buy the 6t possibly anyway. (And there's written proof about that in the forums too, but I can go the extra mile and tell you I actually talked in person about it with @dsmonteiro and @David Y.)

My attitude towards the company changed a while ago. About at the same point the company started communicating with the users again, same point were the company started doing releases every 2 months and solving issues in a timely manner instead of letting down the paying users like they did with the X and 2.

I was invited to the open ears camera forum and I personally told the company and @Carl how their device was not worth the money (talking about the 5 and 5t) because they had a shitty performance on the camera. You cannot get more real than that.

Now, their camera is quite good, it clearly surpasses the Note 8 camera, and I pointed out slow motion is a let down and that video needs to fix the focus hunting.

I also told them that it's quite unfair for people to have 3 or 4 versions of a phone and not announce them together, because if I want a white phone, and takes 2 extra weeks for it to get out, I might end up with a black device without knowing a white one is coming... what happened? Well they announced 4 variants in the span of 2 days. Something that was not a thing with the 3 or 5 series.

If that shows something, is the fact that OnePlus takes feedback seriously and will do their best to improve our end result. And that is why my attitude towards the company has changed. Their device has been quite good since the 5, and quite decent since the 3t.

If you cannot understand that, it's not my fault man, I'm sorry you think I should be negative towards the phone and I'm not.

I asked you to tell me what is so wrong about it that you feel I should be bashing them, but you have still not said a word about it.

BTW, you were told, and I'm telling you, if you are gonna reply to a specific person, use the quote button. Do not look like a coward that wants to slide the last comment in a debate in without anyone noticing... ^^'

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018

18. WhoAreU Froyo Jun 13, 2018

WhoAreU, Jun 13, 2018 :
    Yeah they are really solving all the issues the phones have by the looks of the amount complaints on here :rolleyes:

Now you're talking rubbish,i seen the carefully selected photo's you posted lol you didn't put any low light photo's or blurred edge zoom,let alone video with its auto focus problems lol and the photo of your screen doesn't look very white compared to other phones,warm yeah right :rolleyes:
    BTW i was told and you're telling me,ok boss lol as if i sneaking a comment in,this is your I'd do anything for a free phone thread so as if you wouldn't read it lol anyway enjoy your free phone :rolleyes:

19. Dunnow The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jun 13, 2018

Dunnow, Jun 13, 2018 :
    Audio issues have been solved
    Feedback regarding not visible status bar icons have been solved
    automatic DnD has been implemented
    front facing camera portrait mode (long requested) implemented
    battery percentage added...

Which EXACT issues are you talking about?

Carefully selected? Dude I went on a walk around the city and just took pictures. There's no less than 2 pictures in low light. And others in low light that were not as a comparation but just as demos of the op6.

There's one with 8x zoom too. You are talking nonsense.

[​IMG]

Are you really suggesting that OnePlus 6 is not better than the Note 8?
    Even on perfect lighting conditions?

I am enjoying my free phone indeed. Just as I would if I had paid for it. Seems to me you are quite jelly I got it and need to come here and talk trash without any real data to back up your claims.

Would be nice if you could just stop throwing the free part around as if it was something important to take into account...

Also, if you are discussing about the screen color @malidan was reporting, those photos clealy show that the op6 is more white than my Nexus5 or my SGS6 edge.

[​IMG]

So now shut up already. If you are gonna bring some other issue back here, which I'm not against, at least, bring it with actual data. So we can actually discuss a precise fact instead of an abstract idea.

And lets make it a debate, instead of you insinuating I'm a sellout just because I got a free phone.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018