[THE LAB] Dunnow's OnePlus 6 review

1. L1527614571308
    Gingerbread Jun 7, 2018

L1527614571308 , Jun 7, 2018 :
    my comments are as below.

1. video no1..sorry if you cant see the images jumping as I scroll up.
    2. thanks for acknowledging the jittering on video 2
    3. video no 3 is of google play store - very clear that the icons are shaking and going up and down.please see the icons. I'm really surprised that it is not visible to you.
    4.yea I am scrolling up and leaving my finger. shouldn't I let go of my finger when I have scrolled up where I want to? this doesn't justify the jumping.
    5. thanks again for sharing this concern and referring it to the OnePlus team.
    6. I received a call from the local OnePlus support and I referred them the video I uploaded.
    7. the video is recorded with screen recorder and is an actual recording of what was happening when i am scrolling up.no manipulation whatsoever and I can show it in person to the OnePlus local support team if they want to.
    8. I have showed this problem to the OnePlus team on their own devices. If it needs to be verified by OnePlus then I am here and I will do whatever is necessary and possible.
    9. I have provided you my ticket number.you can verify what I am saying is true or false.

thanks

2. Martin_VN
    Honeycomb Jun 7, 2018

Dunnow and pa5t1s like this.
  3. pa5t1s
    Marshmallow Jun 7, 2018

pa5t1s , Jun 7, 2018 :
    Fortunately, this Community counts a number of active members who are able to ask the proper questions, point out the real issues and request the proper features for 'our' phones. You are one of them, from the very beginning, and everybody should thank you for your brilliant and non-biased review(s).
    Enjoy your 6 buddy, as much as I do ;)
    Edit: you are late with your conclusions, I have already bought mine :p

4. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jun 7, 2018

Dunnow , Jun 7, 2018 :
    Just so we are clear...

I see no scrolling issues on any of them... As you will notice, I have not used Google Chrome. Because once more, if something scrolls shitty in there, it will be due to either the website being bloated or the HTML rendering engine malfunctioning. Neither issue would be caused by OnePlus. So... settled... I guess it should be...

Sometimes Settle.

pa5t1s, theshinybeast and Cheetosdust like this.
  5. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jun 7, 2018

6. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Jun 7, 2018

theshinybeast , Jun 7, 2018 :
    Loved all your review, been lurking a lot. This last one was great. I was always interested in your camera review, a sore point for you. Great stuff my man.:rolleyes:;):D

7. MilanMoradia
    Froyo Jun 8, 2018

8. meatandy
    Oreo Jun 8, 2018

meatandy , Jun 8, 2018 :
    Reviewers receive a couple extra cases , what does India have to do with anything?

9. MilanMoradia
    Froyo Jun 8, 2018

MilanMoradia , Jun 8, 2018 :
    i got it.

meatandy likes this.
  10. Mow
    Cupcake Jun 8, 2018

Mow , Jun 8, 2018 :
    I loved reading your review because I´ll also upgrade from an OP2 to an OP6.
    I hope OP won´t disappoint my expectations on this phone.
    The reviews I read so far made me feel pretty confident about my decision.

Dunnow likes this.
  11. peacelupher
    Cupcake Jun 8, 2018

12. F_Jitendra_Wani_DeIk
    Cupcake Jun 8, 2018

13. Dhanush.N
    Cupcake Jun 9, 2018

Dhanush.N , Jun 9, 2018 :
    The one plus 6 slow Motion camera is blur it won't take good video and it shakes a lot when we take any video

14. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jun 9, 2018

Dunnow , Jun 9, 2018 :
    because I was sent a review box and you just got the phone like anyone else?

Cheetosdust likes this.
  15. Dunnow

Dunnow , Jun 9, 2018 :
    slow mo needs quite a lot of light to work decently. you can also fix the focus by long pressing the screen

Cheetosdust and pa5t1s like this.
  16. Dunnow

Dunnow , Jun 9, 2018 :
    I think it's a huge step up from the 2. And remember, you still have 15 days to return it if you are not happy with it

BTW, even thought I still have not updated the review with the battery life, I acn tell you you will possibly be surprised with it too.

I've been told the 5 and 5t were better regarding battery, but I can easily get 1 day and 12 hours with 3 to 4 hours of screen on time.

Coming from the 2, which never did more than 2.45h in less than 24h of battery is quite huge. I'm charging once every day and a half. With the 2 I was already charging at 13:00! And again at night!

Mow, Cheetosdust and pa5t1s like this.
  17. Loveit
    Jelly Bean Jun 9, 2018

Loveit , Jun 9, 2018 :
    @Dunnow

I can't believe you stayed with OnePlus after all your whining over the OnePlus 2.

Forgive and forget easily much?

18. Dunnow

Dunnow , Jun 9, 2018 :
    Well, I did not "stay" with, they gave me a device to review after all, and it's not a bad device, if OnePlus would've kept the same approach they took with the OP2 I would've never even tried them again.

But it is obvious it's not the same, I've been saying for a while already, OP5 was a nice device, the 5t a great one. They lack some stuff, and they have a simple but clean rom, which I always liked.

I did not get a 5t back in the day because the camera and their cloned iPhone design, but I was tempted already.

But, precisely because all my whining over the op2 is no longer applicable to other devices is why OnePlus is a decent option to consider again. I'm quite sad OOS was so shit on the OP2 and that I cannot just install it on it again, because I know how that works. But things have changed since the OP2.

OnePlus is communicating again in the forums. They are doing meetups to listen to people, they are applying suggestions from us again... They ****** up back then, big time, and I'm annoyed to know I cannot really rely on them to provide a proper experience to OP2... but they are doing things right again.

I'm not gonna praise them like lord and saviour, but their product is solid enough and at a price people is willing to pay (I still think it's quite expensive, but... it's what it is).

It's not like I have to hold a crusade against them forever xD

Trust me though, OnePlus has video issues, again, and you can bet that if they don't fix them soon I'll be the first one to report it back. x'D

script and Loveit like this.
  19. Loveit
    Jelly Bean Jun 9, 2018

Loveit , Jun 9, 2018 :
    Fair enough, didn't realise you were given one. Haven't actually read your review and don't think I will to be honest - nothing personal..

Dunnow likes this.
  20. WhoAreU
    Froyo Jun 9, 2018

WhoAreU , Jun 9, 2018 :
    He got a free device so what you expect him to say?
    #easilybought