The Lab - Meet the OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Squad

1. alexdiyakuzas Froyo May 16, 2019

alexdiyakuzas, May 16, 2019 :
    [QUOTE = "Bobbie63, post: 20282695, member: 947490"] Votre simple spam, accompagné de quelques accusations sans aucun fond dans le fil que vous puissiez. [/ QUOTE]
    Je vous souhaite de ne jamais demander de garantie.
    Ou avoir plus de chance que moi. J'ai subi un refus catégorique de l'application de la garantie légale. Ni compromis de ma part

2. Bobbie63 Marshmallow May 16, 2019

Bobbie63, May 16, 2019 :
    Try that in English but again, these are just some unfounded accusations without any background.

So: you’re just spamming, no more, no less.

3. alexdiyakuzas Froyo May 16, 2019

Bonjour Monsieur,
    Merci d'avoir choisi OnePlus.

Nous vous remercions de votre retour, la garantie est de 2 ans et vous avez utilisé le téléphone en état parfait pendant 17 mois jusqu'à 28 Février.Il reste encore 7 mois de garantie et nous vous offrons le remboursement pour ces mois, c'est a dire 200 euros.

traduction:
    Hello sir,
    Thank you for choosing OnePlus.

We thank you for your return, the warranty is 2 years and you have used the phone in perfect condition for 17 months until February 28. There is still 7 months warranty and we will refund for these months, it is a say 200 euros.

Yet the legal guarantee is very clear in Europe:
    If the repair and replacement of the property are impossible, the buyer can return the property and get the price back
    It is a question of a complete refund, the continuation of the article of law indicates of certain because a partial refund is possible if the customer keeps the product (which is not the case with oneplus).

Categorical refusal to apply the European guarantee:
    Hello sir,
    Thank you for choosing OnePlus.

We thank you for your return, we can give you a refund but unfortunately not integral because you used the phone for 17 months before contacting us.

iNtEnSePL and G_plusone like this.
  4. Bobbie63 Marshmallow May 16, 2019

Bobbie63, May 16, 2019 :
    Still doesn’t tell me anything, it doesn’t say it’s beyond repair, it doesn’t tell us what happened, nor which steps have been taken. If you would like someone to help you, it would have been better to open a new thread in the proper section with a description of all what happened and someone might be able to help you. Spamming the forums won’t help you, that’s for sure.

Last edited: May 16, 2019

5. dsmonteiro Community Consultant Community Expert May 16, 2019

dsmonteiro, May 16, 2019 :
    Hi there,

I will contact you via PM to get all information from you and escalate your issue with Customer Support.

iNtEnSePL and Bobbie63 like this.
  6. alexdiyakuzas Froyo May 16, 2019

My phone was having network problem.
    Numerous interventions of technician at distance or in repair center, without effect.
    Declared irreparable.
    Moreover during the last passage in center, the screen was damaged (admitted and confirmed by oneplus).

Oneplus admits that the phone is defective and should be taken as a guarantee. But that having no oneplus 5 in stock for exchange or repair, it can not repair. The guarantee, in their very personal opinion, only covers repairs. And since he can not repair or exchange it with me, he offers me a partial refund (on the basis of an age-vesting), or to buy a oneplus 5T 6 or 6T (depending on stocks available) at a low price (but paying anyway).
    Yet the law is very clear and indicates that the repair or exchange must be at no cost to the buyer. And that in case of impossibility of exchange or repair, it must be applied a cancellation of the contract of sale and the complete refund.

I am therefore referred to the legal service at the headquarters of one plus by giving me the following address: Da Sheng International Trade Co
    Office E, 23 / F, Maxgrand Plaza,
    3 Tai Yau Street,
    San Kong,
    Kowloon,
    Hong Kong

Do you have an idea to propose to me? I do not "spam" for pleasure. I am simply doing my best to alert potential future customers about the risks. And more chance to alert these "customers" on a general topic, that personal (I do not doubt that oneplus would prefer).
    Oneplus is very good phone ... but the customer service in case of problem is outlawed.

And if one more judge that I'm defaming, I invite them to sue me, I can justify everything I say.

7. alexdiyakuzas Froyo May 16, 2019

[QUOTE = "dsmonteiro, post: 20283056, membre: 1507"] Bonjour,

Je vous contacterai via PM pour obtenir toutes les informations et pour signaler votre problème à l'assistance clientèle. [/ QUOTE]
    Avec plaisir. Je vais vous donner toutes les informations que vous voulez.

Celui qui me trouve en solution pressera mon héros: D

8. Bobbie63 Marshmallow May 16, 2019

Bobbie63, May 16, 2019 :
    First of all if I were you, is to open a new thread in the proper section (OP5/OP5T) in which you explain in detail, together with the proper RMA and/or escalation numbers, of what happened. Don't rant, stick to the case and give it a catchy thread name. I understand you feelings but you have to stay cool.

If people agree with you, they'll surely help you but we need to know the details first.

This is what I would do and I hope you'll get a satisfactory solution.

Edit: I see @dsmonteiro already gave you a reply to escalate your case, so you don't need to open a new thread,

9. iNtEnSePL KitKat May 17, 2019

iNtEnSePL, May 17, 2019 :
    OK, I have a request for all LAB reviewers. I've been asking for one particular feature with every new OnePlus phone staring from 5 to 6T. The USB 3.1 with USB-PD. In a recent AMA OnePlus stated, that OnePlus 7 pro supports Power Delivery 5V 3A - but it's nowhere else mentioned, and none of early reviewers went & checked it.

So a task for you:
    1. Check the charging speed using regular USB (but not a USB-PD enabled one!) port with Warp cable
    2. Check the charging speed using regular USB (but not a USB-PD enabled one!) port with 3rd party USB 3.1 cable
    3. Check the charging speed using USB-PD standard charger capable of working in 5V 3A mode with Warp cable
    4. Check the charging speed using USB-PD standard charger capable of working in 5V 3A mode with 3rd party USB 3.1 cable
    5. Check the charging speed using Warp charger with Warp cable
    6. Check the charging speed using Warp charger with 3rd party USB 3.1 cable

I know it may take some time, but I want to get a clear view, of what combinations of chargers / cables are optimal (apart from the obvious Warp + Warp combo), and how big are differences. All users can benefit from such a test.

The second thing, that is also all about the upgraded USB standard in 7 pro is possibility to output video via USB port.

So please check how it works, in what resolutions etc., what is the max framerate on the output, what is general compatibility with USB-HDMI or USB-DP dongles, hubs etc.

Tagging everyone so someone might actually do it:
    @Dhruv Weaver
    @johneebee
    @KeepTransisting
    @AnonymousWP
    @matthu.2711
    @KnightmareFrame
    @T_A_H_R_YT
    @santoshsavanur
    @Mr West
    @avi.seth123
    @dnagpaldg
    @yashonagori
    @TechnoMinute
    @marcodefleury
    @adamovermeer

Last edited: May 17, 2019

10. T_A_H_R_YT The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer May 17, 2019

T_A_H_R_YT, May 17, 2019 :
    I will put myself forward, once I have finished my first impressions and full review video. I'll try my best to cover all points you made! [e]1f44d[/e]

iNtEnSePL likes this.
  11. iNtEnSePL KitKat May 17, 2019

Thank you, I added 2nd section to the request (edited the post), please check that one too :)

yashonagori and T_A_H_R_YT like this.
  12. T_A_H_R_YT The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer May 17, 2019

what bit did you add?

13. iNtEnSePL KitKat May 17, 2019

The second thing, that is also all about the upgraded USB standard in 7 pro is possibility to output video via USB port.

So please check how it works, in what resolutions etc., what is the max framerate on the output, what is general compatibility with USB-HDMI or USB-DP dongles, hubs etc.

T_A_H_R_YT likes this.
  14. T_A_H_R_YT The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer May 17, 2019

ah right, I will try and connect it to our projector and I'll let you know

15. AnonymousWP The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer May 17, 2019

AnonymousWP, May 17, 2019 :
    I was already planning on doing a quite extensive test regarding charging. I just don't have particular USB-PD cables and/or chargers.

iNtEnSePL likes this.
  16. iNtEnSePL KitKat May 17, 2019

That's why I asked everyone :), there is a slight chance that someone can do it. I have a DASH charger for my 3T, a USB-PD charger for my HP laptop, USB-C hubs and dongles, but I don't own a 7 pro ;)

AnonymousWP likes this.
  17. Dhruv Weaver The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer May 17, 2019

Dhruv Weaver, May 17, 2019 :
    I'll try to look into this!

iNtEnSePL likes this.
  18. retal_to Gingerbread May 17, 2019

retal_to, May 17, 2019 :
    Did London Event had a screen projection connecting to a OP7 Pro for playing and show it?
    If you watch The UK OP launch YouTube video, you will see it

Last edited: May 17, 2019

19. matthu.2711 The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer May 17, 2019

matthu.2711, May 17, 2019 :
    Sorry. Don't have these cables

iNtEnSePL likes this.
  20. Mr West The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer May 17, 2019

Mr West, May 17, 2019 :
    Yes, they had this in the game section connected via HDMI

retal_to likes this.