The LAB: My OnePlus 9 experience after 1 month!

1. P1619931892812
    Cupcake May 17, 2021

P1619931892812 , May 17, 2021 :
    I'm not liking the send button being so sensitive. Or maybe it saw my's just to close to the keyboard itself? I'm not sure but I'm positive I'll either get used to it or figure it out,

missmobiletech likes this.
  2. RAVEENDRAN S
    Froyo May 17, 2021

3. RAVEENDRAN S
    Froyo May 17, 2021

4. pratikdethe_09
    Cupcake May 18, 2021

5. missmobiletech likes this.
  6. Y1535246328517
    Cupcake May 18, 2021

7. Hariharanmahi
    Froyo May 18, 2021

8. F1610433380548
    Cupcake May 19, 2021

9. missmobiletech
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus 9 Series May 20, 2021

10. missmobiletech
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus 9 Series May 20, 2021

missmobiletech , via OnePlus Community App , May 20, 2021 :
    No problems here with that

11. Abhijit_Ghosh
    Donut May 20, 2021

12. CyborgAlienBariaur , via OnePlus 9 Pro T-Mobile , May 21, 2021 :
    I've had my 9 Pro since they were officially released in stores, I'm not at all impressed with the lousy camera, the security has to be desired, missing gaming controls, idiotic switch to control basic functions of DND, separated power from volume rockers, put it all on the left to leave room for the missing audio plug, (moronic manufacturers,) for the price I give for this pile of junk, I demand better! No storage expansion, shoot that fucktard that thought it was a good thing!
    Want to impress me with cameras, make sure whatever I shoot at, I can view at! No 4K viewing on a device that can record 8k is absurdly moronic! Full blown shots zoomed in on the moon should be possible, and quite frankly absurd that it's not! Quit wasting money on cameras on the phone and start putting it in actual worthwhile features. Like 100% darkness photo shots capabilities for facial recognition especially. (said: nothing! damned garbage quit modifying my post!!!)
    Not being able to just tap the screen to use my fingerprints is ridiculous. Not to mention the stupid thing not able to read it if you set more then one fingerprint! Haven't used facial on this device, didn't care for it on the other ones! Also, no way to keep the fracking thing from turning off, especially when it's being used!!! Constantly shutting off and requiring a damned password to get back in is bullshit! Especially when you're in the middle of using it and typing on it...
    If you morons would quit with the shitty cameras already you'd have room for expanded storage and audio out/radio antenna capabilities. Noone gives a rats a$$ until they find out they can't use headphones or expand the storage of their devices. 1T storage on a phone?!? So, I still want REMOVABLE STORAGE, PERIOD! I Can't take files out of one phone and transfer them to the next if I can't access it, don't give me that networked garbage, I don't want/need everything on the net knowing what I store on MY device!!! Damned sure not my service provider!!!🖕🏽
    YouTube storage is shit on this phone, still haven't been able to store my music for offline playback or actually get it to play, shitware can't seem to figure out that it's got storage access and that there 512GB of space to put music on, 500 songs limit, only if it constantly changes the music in storage, whenever it can access the internet, AND the music/videos takes up more than the max available storage!!!
    It is quick and all, now if I can just get apps to quit annoying the hell out of me with notifications! The ONLY notifications I want are from my calls, social media, emergency, and email, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ELSE SHOULD EVER BE ABLE TO NOTIFY! I shouldn't have to hunt individual settings to stop them.
    I also want to complain about the "EMERGENCY MODE", when I call 911, they should NEVER be given ANY access to my phone without MY express consent!!! I know you damned Commies are all about violation of human rights and constitutional laws here in the USA but, this piss poor excuse for a phone, is purchased AND designed specifically for use in the USA, not Commie China! (Don't tell me no it's not, bullshit, they don't sell T-Mobile USA service ANYWHERE ELSE! Which is what the radios inside are specifically made to work with.)
    Onto the radio outside of the non-existent listening version, the phones radios are decent but, should be stronger. Standing 1000' from the tower should have 100% signal strength, not 30%!
    I'm not sure how people are using their phones, maybe it has to do with the amount of apps installed as I do have a lot, games and video apps primarily but, my battery has yet to last a day, maybe 6 hours, especially while streaming videos or playing games. My Pixel 4 XL lasted at least 10 doing the same thing. Don't get me started on the chargers, especially if they're talking about removing them from the packages too.
    Audio/Visuals are to be desired, sounds like volume is limited and because of it, washes out the audio and the visuals are kinda on the dark side. I'm not sure what they're using for a color gamut but, it's not right. Unless it's talking about the visuals it's shooting but, frankly I got better photos on my LG V-40, not to mention it was 4K as was my Pixel 4 XL. And hook up something Bluetooth to listen thru and volume is barely audible! Why the frack won't the volume stay up?!? Every app I have to constantly reraise the volume, EVERYTIME I use them!!! Go into HBOMax, have to raise the volume, Voice, again raise the volume, make a call, raise the volume, just to know it's ringing! It's even more annoying when you just raised it to hear a song, just to have to raise again 10 seconds later, while driving, to hear a call or open another app like YouTube Music or Discovery+ or Cyberpunk 2077...
    Gaming was ok but, tbh, the lack of buttons and having to use the screen for those functions and no controller capabilities makes for difficult at best gaming. Mostly smooth, especially games tailored to the faster screens, otherwise ones not, stutter and visuals are blocky at best, a mess when not, most of the time. This day and age, phablets are going to be faster and faster in every way, game developers need to consider this and the Play Store should let people know what apps are going to have problems with it and specifically if they're compatible with the faster refresh rate(s) or not.
    edited:
    Oh, I want my bezels back, tired of my hands being recognized when I am holding my phone and trying to type on it! Not to mention the physical 3-Buttons, I don't care about people who want to just swipe to do everything, some of us still HATE that!

Last edited: May 21, 2021

13. CosmicPaladin
    Jelly Bean May 22, 2021

14. wudangarjun
    Cupcake May 23, 2021

CyborgAlienBariaur likes this.