Part II - Lowlight & Night Time Shots II
    Part II - Artificial Lighting & Selfie
    Part II - Camera Comparison Conclusion
    Part III - Macro Shots
    Part III - Portraits
    Part IV - Video
    Part V - Conclusion

INTRODUCTION
    Never Settle. These two words date back since 2014 and are still what OnePlus uses as their strategy when manufacturing phones. What do these two words mean you may wonder? It simply means producing not a good but a great product, one which users will be happy when they hold it in their hand the first time until a year later. In this review, I will take these two words – Never Settle – and put them up against the OnePlus 6 to see if this smart phone can live up to this strategy.

UNBOXING
    Before I get to the unboxing part, I would like to thank OnePlus for giving me this opportunity to write an honest review of the OnePlus 6. I would also like to thank the users of this community for supporting me throughout this journey.

The OnePlus 6 came in an elegant, black box with a white OnePlus logo on top and a red pull me tab on the bottom side for opening.

[​IMG]

I ripped that baby apart with my bare hands…

[​IMG]

This is what it looks like when you first open the box

[​IMG]

I really like the booklet that OnePlus has included. The booklet provides detailed information on the OnePlus 6 like detailed specs, tips and tricks and OnePlus’s contact and availability information. A nice addition to the package.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After digging in more deeply through the box, I discovered three cases for the OnePlus 6. These are

Karbon Protective Case

[​IMG]

Red Silicone Protective Case

[​IMG]

Nylon Bumper Case

[​IMG]

After setting the OnePlus 6 cases aside, lo and behold the most important box was left to unbox – the OnePlus 6

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

At first glance of the OnePlus 6 still wrapped in its clothing, I took it in my hands and looked at it from all sides and could easily see how handsome I looked. I thought to myself that this extra feature could certainly be useful to me each and every morning when I wake up and want to take a look at my messy hair :D

[​IMG]

Inside the red box that the OnePlus 6 sat and rested

[​IMG]

I found a little surprise hidden inside it (No, it’s not the “extra surprise” that @@Dunnow was writing about :D

[​IMG]

Can you see the surprise? It’s an extra case!

[​IMG]

This case feels gel-like and when you touch inside it, it has a tiny mesh which feels grippy. To me, this case has the same body as the Nillkin Nature TPU Case for the OnePlus 3T and a smoke black color like the one found on the Ringke Fusion. I will be doing an extra accessory section for a detailed review on these four cases in the upcoming days.

Here you can see the contents that I pulled from inside the red box. All are self-explanatory.

[​IMG]

The last accessory is the Fast Charge (renamed from Dash Charge)

[​IMG]

My unboxing experience of the OnePlus 6 was peachy ;) OnePlus came a long way from the OnePlus One where we were given a very simple, minimalistic box like this:

[​IMG]

Overall, I am truly satisfied with how OnePlus packaged this device. It gave me a sense of receiving not just a normal phone but a flagship phone that was packaged with class and elegance.
    What do you guys and gals think? Are you digging the new box style or you prefer a barebone, minimalistic box version as in the good, old, golden days of the OnePlus One?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018

sharadkatti, aris, Praty_28 and 35 others like this.
  2. NeVeR_SeTTLe The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer May 27, 2018

Stickied Post
    NeVeR_SeTTLe, May 27, 2018 :
    DESIGN

In the red corner, standing 155 mm tall (6.2 in), weighing in at 176 grams (0.1kg), the flagship killer! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When looking at this heavyweight champion at first glance, I notice straight away that this flagship is made with an all body glass which uses Corning Gorilla Glass 5. What comes to mind when we speak about glass? Ohh a variety of words like fingerprint magnet, fragile, weak, shatterable, protection and I can go on and on.
    On the other side of things, an all glass body on a smart phone is what we call nowadays elegance and prestigious. It makes the device feel premium and I do admit that. When I took the device in my hand for the very first time, I had a euphoria feeling which can only be described as stunning.

[​IMG]

Let’s take a closer look at the OnePlus 6 and how it presents in the design language to us.
    The edges are curvy and a bit rounded with very minimal thin bezels. There is an aluminum frame that encompasses the OnePlus 6 body. On the left side, you will find a SIM tray and volume rockers

[​IMG]

On the right side you will find the Alert Slider (on previous OnePlus devices, the Alert Slider was found on the left side) and the Power switch.

[​IMG]

On the top, you will find a noise canceling microphone.

[​IMG]

On the bottom, you will find a microphone jack (still there) and only a one speaker (wished it had dual speakers)

[​IMG]

On the back, there is a dual camera setup and a flash and underneath them a fingerprint sensor

[​IMG]

On the front, there is only one thing that stands out and that is (can you guess) – THE NOTCH!

[​IMG]

The display of the OnePlus 6 is just ideal for me. The resolution is 1080x2280 but even at this resolution when other flagship phones are coming with Quad HD displays, the display is crisp, bright even at the lowest settings and a pleasure to watch Full HD videos on YouTube. This photo that I took of viewing a picture was set at brightness level 35%

[​IMG]

As I wrote in my unboxing review, the glass is so reflective I can see myself in it. In outdoors when the sun is hitting my phone at a certain angle, it tends to blind some people :D:D Joking aside, there is some eye strain if you look at it directly when the sun hits it.

OnePlus has made a bold move to switch up their design on the OnePlus 6 using all glass instead of Grade-A Aluminum Alloy. I must say that the design is gorgeous, eye catching and all that sugar sweet coating that comes after it. The only thing I personally have a hiccup on is glass and the notch.

And here is why.

I had a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge which was made out of Corning Gorilla Glass 4. I decided to go nude with this phone as it was the first phone which was made out of all glass and wanted to show that puppy off. Unfortunately, one day, my hands were sweaty and I picked out my phone from my pocket and as soon as I did it slipped through my fingers falling flat on its back and hitting the concrete. All I heard was a crack. I picked it up and the glass on the front was ok, but the glass on the back was shattered completely. Getting back to the OnePlus 6, which I mentioned uses Corning Gorilla Glass 5, I believe if I had an accident like that which I mentioned above, it would completely shatter. The good side is that there are cases and tempered glasses that can be used to protect our heavyweight champions ;)
    The second problem I have is with the notch. I see why OnePlus wanted to include the notch. The first reason is because it’s becoming extremely popular to have this design flaw (I have to call it that, there is no other way of calling it out) and second reason is because OnePlus wanted to maximize the screen to body ratio, letting users enjoy the screen. The second is a valid reason but OnePlus could've used another design in which the notch would be even smaller than the one they have now and located more at the edges of the screen which will be less visible to the user. There is always a bright side to the notch – after a couple of days you slowly get used to it as I did. Should I get used to it or should I have options? Of course I want options! That is where OnePlus decided to give user's a chance to hide the Notch. All you have to do is go into Settings --> Display --> Notch --> Turn it off :D Even though you turn it off, the notch is still visible during the day, so it's not really turned off, unfortunately.

In summary, the heavyweight champion pulls in to the ring slowly. Will the flagship killer prove to us that it’s a GO or only for SHOW?

UPDATE:
    Observation #1
    : The more I am using the phone I noticed that in the top left corner where the notifications tend to be kept, I couldn't see how many notifications I have received. The only way to view it is to pull the quick settings down and expand it. This is a pain for me as I have to pull the quick settings down every time I want to see how many notifications I have received in a couple of hours or so.
    Observation #2: This is a small nuisance to me but still bothers me. When opening up any browser and looking through the Internet, if you try to expand the quick settings by placing your finger under the notch, it will expand the quick settings but the Internet page you are viewing will be taken back like if you were trying to open up another tab. I am used to with my OnePlus 3T to just swipe from the middle but had to adjust my placement of my finger to swipe down from either the left or ride side to access quick settings.
    Observation #3: I know some people who like the notch and definitely want to make the best out of it. I got good news for you. You can go into Settings --> Display --> Apps Display in Full Screen and pick click on every app that you want to view it full screen. Those notch haters, you can do the same but pick the option to not display the Apps full screen and then you won't see the ugly notch. Easy solution to give users options.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018

3. NeVeR_SeTTLe The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer May 29, 2018

Stickied Post
    NeVeR_SeTTLe, May 29, 2018 :
    SPEED PART 1

In the black corner, standing 140 mm tall (5.5 in), weighing in at 158 grams, the former flagship killer, the OnePlus 3T :D

Good evening and welcome to tonight’s match ladies and gentleman, which promises to be a doozy in every sense of the word. I want a good clean fight between you too. Nothing below the you know what, good luck to both of you.

Let’s get ready to rumble!!!!!! :D

Can the OnePlus 3T knock out the OnePlus 6 or even come close in performance? Well let’s find out.

Spec Overview:

OnePlus 6:
    [​IMG]

OnePlus 3T:
    [​IMG]

3D Benchmarks

OnePlus 6:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OnePlus 3T:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3D, UX, CPU & RAM

OnePlus 6:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OnePlus 3T:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Single-core and multi-core performance

OnePlus 6:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OnePlus 3T:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 30, 2018

4. NeVeR_SeTTLe The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer May 30, 2018

Stickied Post
    NeVeR_SeTTLe, May 30, 2018 :
    SPEED PART 2

Framers Per Second Test:

OnePlus 6:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OnePlus 3T:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

WiFi Speed Check

OnePlus 6:

[​IMG]

OnePlus 3T:

[​IMG]

Getting back to the performance of the OnePlus 6, it is one hell of a fast phone and by “fast” I mean its super turbo charged fast. Anything I threw at it, the device didn’t stutter. The games I played were Asphalt 8: Airborne, Modern Combat 5: Blackout, N.O.V.A Legacy, PUBG (although there was an error that popped up during the game and it crashed a couple of times, I think this is a fault on the developer’s part), Temple Run 2, Super Mario Run and DragonBall Legends. It was really a smooth gaming experience. The colors were rich, vibrant and eye catching. While playing these games, I noticed that the OnePlus 6 is going up to 30fps and staying on that FPS strong while the OnePlus 3T went a bit below on some of the game titles but on others it shined.

The OnePlus 3T did also quite well in gaming and didn’t have any trouble at all given it has the Snapdragon 821 processor and the Adreno 530 GPU. An important thing I noticed on the OnePlus 3T was that when playing a game in a 6 minute time frame, its temperature rose to almost 36.5C while the OnePlus 6 stayed cooler with a temperature of 35.3C.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When pushing the gaming limit to the maximum and playing for over 30 minutes, the OnePlus 6 temps reached 44.3C while the OnePlus 3T hit 49.5C. Overall, the OnePlus 6 remained much cooler than the OnePlus 3T when given intensifying tasks like playing games and rendering. The back of the both phones were warm, but the OnePlus 3T was much warmer to the touch.

For the photographer aficionados, you are probably wondering how the OnePlus 6 can handle apps like Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom, Snapseed and other 3rd party software. Well, it can handle it with a breeze. I noticed that when editing pictures on my OnePlus 3T, there was sometimes a sharp freeze and then it would continue as normal but with the OnePlus 6, I was flying through editing pictures especially those RAW files that are so humongous (33MB or sometimes even larger). The OnePlus 3T still can do a good job with editing and rendering but I could feel that it was hesitant at times.

While maneuvering through Oxygen OS, both phones held up really great. No stutter, no hangs, just a pleasant UI experience where opening apps, closing them, adding folders or icons didn’t give any problems for these phones. When opening up Google Chrome and just browsing through the internet, the scrolling speed is relatively the same. When opening up a new tab on Google Chrome, the OnePlus 6 was just a couple of milliseconds faster. These are milliseconds we are talking about. Other websites where there are a lot of pictures like Facebook and Instagram, I noticed that the OnePlus 6 was faster in scrolling through them than my OnePlus 3T. With the OnePlus 3T, I felt more lag while the OnePlus 6 was just a much more enjoyable scrolling experience.

As for both phones, the speed difference you can notice. It’s not a huge speed difference, but it’s there. Both of the phones come out on top but if I’m talking about pure speed then the winner is the OnePlus 6 here, hands down.

For you guys and gals that own a OnePlus 3T, should you make the switch? That depends. It depends on what do you use your phone for, what matters the most to you and do you think that the OnePlus 6 is worth the money. I can only write this, if you are somebody who loves to game a lot and are doing lot of video rendering or even a lot of editing of pictures (that are big), then go for it. On the other hand, if you are a person who plays games once in a while, don’t really need to edit a lot of pictures or render a lot of videos or do intensive tasks, then stay with the OnePlus 3T. It’s still a good phone in 2018.

PS. - All these benchmarks are just numbers used to test the performance of smartphones, tablets, computers, etc. In my opinion, benchmarks represent an estimated number on how your device ranks and on what speeds you may encounter. For me, benchmarks don’t count that much because I tend to justify the performance of my device on how my user experience feels and how smooth the device performs. This is what really matters at the end.

Last edited: May 30, 2018

BobbyVK, Alvie, RJBoss and 11 others like this.
  5. NeVeR_SeTTLe The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer May 31, 2018

Stickied Post
    NeVeR_SeTTLe, May 31, 2018 :
    OXYGEN OS

I remember back in 2014, when OnePlus announced in the community forums that they are creating their own Operating System because things with CyanogenMod got a little shaky. CyanogenMod was at that time a very popular Custom ROM OS which gave users the freedom to modify every bit of the OS to one’s liking. CyanogenMod and OnePlus made a deal together in order to bring OnePlus users a customized version that users would love. Together they succeeded but not for long.

OnePlus had to think of something quick in order to continue the flow of things for their next flagship which was the OnePlus 2. On the OnePlus 2, OnePlus’s new Operating System called Oxygen OS was at first glance good. It was missing a few features that all the other flagships had but overall I gave it a score of 9/10. The system was light, almost bare bone, not too much customizations in it and a pleasure to cruise around in.

Slowly but surely, OnePlus was working hard on their Oxygen OS through 2015 till now and what we have now is a totally new and redesigned Oxygen OS compared to the older versions of it. So what changed in OnePlus’s Oxygen OS on the OnePlus 6 and would I still recommend Oxygen to other users? Let’s dive in. :)

The biggest change to come to the OnePlus 6 is the notch. We either love it or hate it but you can’t deny the fact that it’s there. With the notch in place, things got shifted around in Oxygen OS. The clock is now on the top left corner instead of the right. There is no battery percentage icon anymore (OnePlus promises us to bring this back with an update). The other change is that the notch prevents the user from seeing all notifications and icons on the status bar. Check out the pictures below:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Personally, I am not a big fan of this because I have to pull down the quick settings in order to see all my notifications. For those of you who hate the notch as I do, you can hide it to not be that visible.

[​IMG]

OnePlus implemented a very smart feature which I gives users some options regarding the visibility of the notch. If you go to Settings --> Display --> Notch --> Full screen, then you can pick out if you want to see apps full screen or not. What does this mean? Well it means if you set an app to full screen you will make the notch visible when an app is opened. If you don’t make it full screen, then you will not see the notch while the app is opened. Simple. I love this feature because it provides users a choice. :)

The other change that users waited so long for and thought this would be implemented on the OnePlus 5T is treble support. With treble support, updating Oxygen OS is a breeze. I received an OTA update on my OnePlus 6 for bug fixes and performance stability and when the update was complete I rebooted my phone which I saw that I have to enter my pin that I setup with the phone in order to access the Recovery so that the update would complete. I like the idea of this because if someone steals your phone, the first thing they might do is go to recovery and factory reset the phone in which it gives the thief entrance into your phone. So security on the OnePlus 6 is suited up.

While continuing to check out Oxygen OS and its new features, I saw that an Earphone Mode is included. You probably guess what this is for because it’s self-explanatory but let me just touch briefly upon it. When going into Earphone Mode, I can choose options for wireless and wired earphones (another great move by OnePlus for giving user’s options). I love the “auto play” feature in which resumes the music you were listening to before when you connect your earphones.
    I noticed two of my favorite features being renamed. The first feature needs no introduction and that is Dash Charge (renamed to Fast Charge). When you hook up your OnePlus 6 with the charging cable, you will notice it says “Charging Rapidly” instead of “Dash Charging” like on previous OnePlus devices. There might be a software update in the future to change the wording on past devices as OnePlus had to rename this technology. The other feature that changed in name is Ambient Display (it’s called Lift-up Display). No new features were added to them, just the name change.

Some screenshots I took of Oxygen OS on the OnePlus 6:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see from the screenshots, not that much changed in terms of design. The only things that were added were just the things I mentioned above. Maybe in the upcoming OTA updates, OnePlus will surprise us and add more new features and design elements. :D
    Moving away from Android Oreo, I installed the Beta P Project on my OnePlus 6 to get a feel of how Android P runs. The first thing I noticed is that the design has been revamped. I feel that this time around OnePlus took some elements from the material design and added a couple of their own and mixed them together. See for yourself:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I’m not a big fan of the design as I like the previous iterations better. On the other hand, a design refresh was and is needed. I don’t think that this design is the final design going forward. Skimming through Oxygen OS, apart from the design, there are things absent like the Lift-Up Display, the notch settings, no themes and Gestures even though there is a category for it but nothing in it. The Settings menu is much cleaner and categories are much more grouped than on previous Oxygen OS. You have on the top of the Settings Menu a visible “Search Settings” instead of a magnifying glass icon. When going into a certain category I can see that in almost every category, they have an “Advanced” category with more features.
    Overall, the performance of Android P Beta is awesome. I would say the performance is slightly better than on Android O.

In summary, Oxygen OS presents itself as a nice, clean, lightweight Operating System without any problems. Once Android P is more refined and polished, it will continue to be one of the best systems out there. The only thing I would like for OnePlus to change is their OS design. It is truly needed.

Last edited: May 31, 2018

BobbyVK, hennes, Jacob_DK and 9 others like this.
  6. NeVeR_SeTTLe The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jun 1, 2018

Stickied Post
    NeVeR_SeTTLe, Jun 1, 2018 :
    CAMERA PART 1

Camera Introduction

OnePlus phones have always been blazing fast, providing a fantastic OS experience with a great price tag. Unfortunately, their camera has always been a hit or a miss but more of a miss. We can’t deny that OnePlus’s camera needs improvement and a huge one at that. In this three part series, I will take two phones – the old faithful former flagship the OnePlus 3T and the former heavyweight flagship killer the OnePlus 6 and see how they stack up against each other camera wise.

OnePlus 6 Camera Interface

The OnePlus 6 camera UI is very simple like on previous OnePlus devices. When opening up the camera, you can notice a visual UI difference between the OnePlus 3T and the OnePlus 6. On the OnePlus 3T, the ratio, the timer and the grid are on the bottom side while this has been moved to the top on the OnePlus 6 with the exception of the grid. OnePlus got rid of the grid on the UI and moved it inside the camera settings.

OnePlus 3T

[​IMG]

OnePlus 6

[​IMG]

Swiping left will put you in Portrait Mode. You can see the words “Depth Effect”, so you can regulate on the right side how much depth effect you want but only if the Depth Effect is highlighted in yellow. On the top of the portrait mode you have a timer on the top left and the bokeh effects on the top right. The special bokeh effects that you can add to your background pictures are hearts, bubbles and stars.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Swiping to the right will put in Video mode. On the top to the left you have the resolution you want to record your videos and moving to the right you have an option to use flash if you are shooting at night time, which is pretty handy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

To the left of the record button, you have an icon which allows you to switch to your front camera. Once in the front camera UI, on the top starting at the left you will find the smiley timer, the modes, the ratio and flash. To the middle bottom right, you will find the beautification icon to make you look more sexy :D

[​IMG]

Swiping up from the middle, you will see all your camera modes.

[​IMG]

On the top right you have a settings icon. It will bring you into your camera settings. All of these settings are self-explanatory.

[​IMG]

Slow Motion UI Interface:

[​IMG]

Panorama UI Interface:

[​IMG]

Pro mode UI Interface:

[​IMG]

:D Stay tuned for Part 2 (Camera Comparison) :D

BobbyVK, GopalB., RJBoss and 14 others like this.
  7. NeVeR_SeTTLe The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jun 2, 2018

Stickied Post
    NeVeR_SeTTLe, Jun 2, 2018 :
    CAMERA PART II

Now let us continue to the most interesting part. The camera comparison. Before I go further, I would like for all of you to know the pictures I took were only with Auto HDR. I didn't edit the pictures in anyway. I also decided to include a 3rd party camera app which everybody knows probably - Google Camera. The Google Camera is installed on my OnePlus 3T. This should be a fun comparison :D Without further ado, let’s get to it :D

OnePlus 3T

ISO 100 / Shutter Speed 1/392s / f/2 / Auto HDR
    [​IMG]

OnePlus 6

ISO 100 / Shutter Speed 1/800s / f/1.7 / Auto HDR
    [​IMG]

Google Cam

ISO 101 / Shutter Speed 1/936s / f/2 / HDR
    [​IMG]

Looking at each picture, we see that the OnePlus 6 stands out more. It’s brighter and more vibrant than the OnePlus 3T and Google Cam. On the OnePlus 3T, the sky portion is blown out starting from the top right edge while the OnePlus 6 and Google Cam capture the sky fairly well. The more natural color of the sky on that day was with the Google Cam. The OnePlus 6 tends to soften the color a bit making it look more cyan. Looking more closely and in depth, I could see that the OnePlus 6 washes out the leaves that are located in the bottom right resulting in loss of detail unlike the OnePlus 3T & Google Cam where they pulled it off with minimum smudge and preservation of detail.

OnePlus 3T
    [​IMG]

OnePlus 6
    [​IMG]

Google Cam
    [​IMG]

OnePlus 3T

ISO 100 / Shutter Speed 1/1721s / f/2 / Auto HDR
    [​IMG]

OnePlus 6

ISO 100 / Shutter Speed 1/1568s / f/1.7 / Auto HDR
    [​IMG]

Google Cam

ISO 103 / Shutter Speed 1/1285s / f/2 / HDR
    [​IMG]

All of these pictures held their ground. Pretty good and impressive on all of them. The main difference here that I noticed is the accurate color reproduction on Google Cam. Once again, the sky has a more natural and accurate color on Google Cam while the OnePlus 6 gives it a much deeper blue. The OnePlus 3T is a darker picture than the rest giving the sky a much darker blue tint. Shifting to the trees on the left side, the OnePlus 6 seems a little overexposed making the leaves seem way brighter than they should. On the other hand, the OnePlus 3T tends to darken the leaves even though the sun is shining on them. The Google Camera pulls ahead with the right balance. Now, let’s take a closer look through some parts of the picture. Let’s focus now on the bottom of the monument.

OnePlus 3T
    [​IMG]

OnePlus 6
    [​IMG]

Google Cam
    [​IMG]

Here is where things get interesting. Up close you can see that the OnePlus 3T has much better detail than the OnePlus 6 and the Google Cam even though it’s much darker than the two. Look at the dark smudge mark below on the monument. The OnePlus 6 washes that out while the OnePlus 3T and the Google Cam preserves detail and gives it a much sharper look. Let’s take a look at the commercial stand far right and zoom in to see more details.

OnePlus 3T
    [​IMG]

OnePlus 6
    [​IMG]

Google Cam
    [​IMG]

As we take a closer look we see that the most readable picture is the picture from Google Cam. The OnePlus 6 picture tends to over sharpen the image leading to a degradation of detail while the OnePlus 3T picture is a bit more clearer than the OnePlus 6 but still not readable. The colors on the OnePlus 6 are a bit on the saturated side too. The OnePlus 3T’s colors are too bland while the Google Cams colors are just right.
    Moving forward, I took a photo of the Center Square in direct sunlight. You can see a lot of differences between these cameras.

OnePlus 3T

ISO 100 / Shutter Speed 1/4105s / f/2 / Auto HDR
    [​IMG]

OnePlus 6

ISO 100 / Shutter Speed 1/5000s / f/1.7 / Auto HDR
    [​IMG]

Google Cam

ISO 107 / Shutter Speed 1/8929s / f/2 / HDR
    [​IMG]

Overall, the better picture in my opinion comes from the OnePlus 6. The colors are accurate and even though the sun is hitting my camera directly, the OnePlus 6 comes out on top giving us a brighter, crisper picture. The sun as you can see is totally overblown on the OnePlus 6 as is with the OnePlus 3T too. On the Google Camera’s picture, we are able to see the sun really good but the colors drop down a notch and there is some noise present too as is the same with the OnePlus 3T. Let’s crop it and see

CONTINUED BELOW

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018

pa5t1s, BobbyVK, GopalB. and 15 others like this.
  8. NeVeR_SeTTLe The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jun 2, 2018

Stickied Post
    OnePlus 3T
    [​IMG]

OnePlus 6
    [​IMG]

Google Cam
    [​IMG]

Let’s move on to low light / night time shots. I omitted the Google Cam because I forgot to take pictures with it even though it’s on my OnePlus 3T LoL! No worries, I will edit my post on Monday and post the same pictures with the Google Cam :D

OnePlus 3T

ISO 800 / Shutter Speed 1/20s / f/2 / Auto HDR
    [​IMG]

OnePlus 6

ISO 640 / Shutter Speed 1/33s / f/1.7 / Auto HDR
    [​IMG]

Automatically you notice that the OnePlus 6 is the better shot here. The OnePlus 6 represents the color of the light better than the OnePlus 3T. In reality, the light was more white than yellow. The details and the visibility are really impressive with the OnePlus 6. I also noticed that in this particular situation, the ISO tended to be 160 less than the OnePlus 3T which is good because you get less noise. I still think that the ISO on the OnePlus 6 is high. I would have set the ISO level to around 400. Let’s see up close how the details represent themselves.

OnePlus 3T
    [​IMG]

OnePlus 6
    [​IMG]

The clear winner is the OnePlus 6

OnePlus 3T

ISO 6400 / Shutter Speed 1/17s / f/2 / Auto HDR
    [​IMG]

OnePlus 6

ISO 6400 / Shutter Speed 1/10s / f/1.7 / Auto HDR
    [​IMG]

These pictures are interesting because both of these were shot at 6400 ISO which is a very huge value even at night and the shutter speed difference between them is 7s apart. Looking at the pictures you can see heavy noise in the OnePlus 3T compared to the OnePlus 6. Also, the OnePlus 6 shot is a lot cleaner and gives more detail especially if you look at the reflection in the water and to the left where the building and the trees are. Still, on the OnePlus 6 there is noise due to the fact that it has a higher ISO automatically set. This picture should have been taken with 800 ISO give or take. Here is to give you guys and gals an idea on how the picture looks when cropped.

OnePlus 3T
    [​IMG]

OnePlus 6
    [​IMG]

OnePlus 3T

ISO 2000 / Shutter Speed 1/17s / f2 / Auto HDR
    [​IMG]

OnePlus 6

ISO 1250 / Shutter Speed 1/20s / f/1.7 / Auto HDR
    [​IMG]

Again the OnePlus 6 is a better shot. It kept to manage the ISO level lower than the OnePlus 3T resulting in a much crisper shot with less light pollution and has kept the colors more accurate. The OnePlus 3T has much more noise but in return the image is brighter (due to the higher ISO) where you can see the shadows given more light. Both pictures were shot at dusk. Let’s see where the differences are in the picture.

OnePlus 3T
    [​IMG]

OnePlus 6
    [​IMG]

As you can see, the OnePlus 3T is totally washed out, preserving very little detail and clarity while the OnePlus 6 looks more over sharpened in some parts and shadows are darker but details are visible when you look at the edges of the leaves of the tree.

OnePlus 3T
    [​IMG]

OnePlus 6
    [​IMG]

Cropping the lamp post you can see that on the OnePlus 3T there is noise and light pollution present. The OnePlus 6 restrains better the noise and light pollution but as stated above, it over sharpens the image producing in a loss of clarity. Still you can get more detail out of the picture compared to the former. The sky is blown out on the OnePlus 3T as on the OnePlus 6 the sky is more subtle giving it a much neater look.

OnePlus 3T
    [​IMG]

OnePlus 6
    [​IMG]

The letters WC are readable on both when we zoom in but the clarity and the quality is much noticeable on the OnePlus 6.

CONTINUED BELOW

pa5t1s, BobbyVK, GopalB. and 13 others like this.
  9. NeVeR_SeTTLe The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jun 2, 2018

Stickied Post
    OnePlus 3T
    [​IMG]

OnePlus 6
    [​IMG]

Let’s see how both of the camera’s handle with artificial lighting and a person in front :D

OnePlus 3T

ISO 2500 / Shutter Speed 1/17s / f/2 / Auto HDR
    [​IMG]

OnePlus 6

ISO 2000 / Shutter Speed 1/20s / f/1.7 / Auto HDR
    [​IMG]

It’s lil’ ol’ me standing near a light that shined from the ground ;) The first thing to notice here is my face (how could you not!) :p but joking aside, you can see a lot more detail being pulled by the OnePlus 6’s camera while the OnePlus 3T’s camera washes out the detail of my face. The second thing to notice is the highlights and shadows on my face that the OnePlus 6 does a great job getting in while the OnePlus 3T made my face look brighter ignoring the highlights and shadows all together. Going up close in the pictures

OnePlus 3T
    [​IMG]

OnePlus 6
    [​IMG]

I can see the details of my face pretty clearly compared to the OnePlus 3T’s picture. It’s not perfect but still better. The background image of the trees is visible instead of it being washed out.

OnePlus 3T
    [​IMG]

OnePlus 6
    [​IMG]

Here I can read the OnePlus 6’s background image which reads Plaza Hotel but on the OnePlus 3T image there is no detail or any quality at all. I can see that with images in the background of my OnePlus 3T, the images tend to be washed out with much noise.

OnePlus 3T
    [​IMG]

OnePlus 6
    [​IMG]

The rocks on the ground tend to give away their true color while still being sharp enough. On the OnePlus 3T picture, you can see lots of light pollution on the rocks resulting in a white overlay and loss of detail.

Let’s move on to selfies :D I just took one selfie with the OnePlus 3T, OnePlus 6 and Google Cam outside on a sunny day. I don’t like selfies but will give you guys more tomorrow :p

OnePlus 3T

ISO 100 / Shutter Speed 1/558s / f/2 / Auto / Beautification mode off
    [​IMG]

OnePlus 6

ISO 100 / Shutter Speed 1/359s / f/2 / Auto / Beautification mode off
    [​IMG]

Google Camera

ISO 100 / Shutter Speed 1/2481s / f/2 / Auto
    [​IMG]

Comparing all three selfie shots, the clear winner by a long shot is the Google Camera. On both the OnePlus 3T and OnePlus 6, the sky is blown out completely. You can only see a white spot. Looking at the background, the Google Camera keeps everything nice and clear while there is light pollution noise introduced in both the OnePlus 3T and OnePlus 6. The color reproduction looks dull on the OnePlus 3T and a slightly more better on the Google Camera but the OnePlus 6 has more colors that are eye popping. The details on my face are much better produced with the Google Cam but the OnePlus 6 does a great job too following up behind. The OnePlus 3T also does a good job but can’t be matched with the OnePlus 6 and Google Camera.

Let us go into 2x zoom. Here we will see how much loss of detail, quality and color reproduction are on both phones.

OnePlus 3T

ISO 640 / Shutter Speed 1/20s / f/2 / Auto HDR
    [​IMG]

OnePlus 6

ISO 1250 Shutter Speed 1/33s / f/1.7 / Auto HDR
    [​IMG]

I was actually surprised here because the OnePlus 3T wins this one hands down. As you can see it’s like night and day. The OnePlus 3T has the better natural colors, much more detail and better zoom capturing. I have no idea what the OnePlus 6 here is doing but looking more closely at the picture I see that it is trying to sharpen the picture a lot. The high ISO here isn’t helping the OnePlus 6 either. The colors are just not right at all. This is just a fail. Let’s take a closer look into the picture.

OnePlus 3T
    [​IMG]

OnePlus 6
    [​IMG]

So looking at the pictures closely, there is a loss of detail on both of them but the OnePlus 3T has bit more detail and the natural, original color look. The bricks are way off on the OnePlus 6 while the OnePlus 3T is a bit better.

OnePlus 3T
    [​IMG]

OnePlus 6
    [​IMG]

Here the tree is much detailed on the OnePlus 3T than on the OnePlus 6. Just look at the details on the white van. The tires, the handle, the side lines and other details are visible on the OnePlus 3T, while not that visible on the OnePlus 6.

CONTINUED BELOW

pa5t1s, BobbyVK, GopalB. and 13 others like this.
  10. NeVeR_SeTTLe The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jun 2, 2018

Stickied Post
    OnePlus 3T
    [​IMG]

OnePlus 6
    [​IMG]

The door of the church and the flowers that are hanging are too much being sharpened. I feel as if the OnePlus 6 camera is trying to make the picture look too perfect. While the OnePlus 3T gives the emphasis on the curvature details.
    Let’s take a look on how the 2x zoom will come out in low light.

OnePlus 3T

ISO 1250 / Shutter Speed 1/17s / f/2 / Auto HDR
    [​IMG]

OnePlus 6

ISO 500 / Shutter Speed 1/20s / f/1.7 / Auto HDR
    [​IMG]

In low light, to my surprise, the OnePlus 6 pulls way ahead unlike the photo comparison in day light. Interesting. Here the sharpening on the OnePlus 6 overtakes the OnePlus 3T’s camera and the ISO value is lower than the one on the OnePlus 3T. The OnePlus 3T tends to smoothen the details out in the picture but the noise level is kept good. When zooming into both pictures, I see there is again the over sharpening and some noise due to the over sharpening of the image.

OnePlus 3T
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

OnePlus 6
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The OnePlus 6 camera does a good job in low light and night time shots and even a better job in day light shots knocking out the OnePlus 3T. While it wins the competition with the OnePlus 3T, it still struggles to match the superior algorithmic software programming side of things on the Google Camera. OnePlus 6 still tends to have higher ISO values but better than previous OnePlus devices. With that said, I see potential in the OnePlus 6. Software updates would be a necessity to reduce over sharpening which in turn brings more noise to the picture. I am impressed how the OnePlus 6 handles noise reduction, which isn’t that harsh as it was on the OnePlus 5T. The Google Camera in the future probably will be ported to the OnePlus 6, so it would be interesting then to compare the pictures side by side. OnePlus still has a long way to go with their camera software programming but are on the right path to success.

STAY TUNED FOR PART 3 :D

Djordje D, pa5t1s, BobbyVK and 14 others like this.
  11. NeVeR_SeTTLe The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jun 3, 2018

Stickied Post
    NeVeR_SeTTLe, Jun 3, 2018 :
    CAMERA PART 3

Today is the last part to my camera review :D I am going to cover macro shots, portrait with bokeh effects and video quality.

Macro Shots

OnePlus 3T

ISO 100 / Shutter Speed 1/151s / f/2 / AUTO HDR
    [​IMG]

OnePlus 6

ISO 100 / Shutter Speed 1/189s / f/1.7 / AUTO HDR
    [​IMG]

Google Camera

ISO 100 / Shutter Speed 1/214s / f/2 / HDR
    [​IMG]

All three pictures came out good. The thing to notice here is the exposure levels and the color balance. On the OnePlus 6, I see that it is overexposed on some parts like the flower petals and the background flower on the top right still waiting to blossom. The OnePlus 3T does a better job here keeping the exposure intact and the color is still on the bright side but the highlights are still kept in good shape. The Google Camera here shines all the way. The colors are more accurate and the pictures colors are more vibrant pinkish red and no overexposure as we saw on the OnePlus 6. Let’s take a closer look to the details and the quality of the pictures.

OnePlus 3T
    [​IMG]

OnePlus 6
    [​IMG]

Google Camera
    [​IMG]

The OnePlus 3T picture loses detail when zooming in close. You can see that it is sort of washed out in some places. OnePlus 6 has better detail and contrast than the OnePlus 3T but the Google Camera picture provides a more in depth look when looking at the filament of the flower inside.

OnePlus 3T
    [​IMG]

OnePlus 6
    [​IMG]

Google Camera
    [​IMG]

Automatically we see that the Google Camera pulls in a lot more details than the OnePlus 3T and the OnePlus 6. The color balance is just perfect on the Google Camera, on the OnePlus 3T it’s good not bad at all and on the OnePlus 6 it’s a little overexposed which results in loose of detail.

OnePlus 3T
    [​IMG]

OnePlus 6
    [​IMG]

Google Camera
    [​IMG]

In this close up, we can see again that the Google Camera wins. Comparing the OnePlus 3T and the OnePlus 6, things take a turn and the OnePlus 6 gives out a more detailed look than the OnePlus 3T with the edges of the petal more refined.

OnePlus 3T

ISO 100 / Shutter Speed 1/348s / f/2 / AUTO HDR
    [​IMG]

OnePlus 6

ISO 100 / Shutter Speed 1/1250s / f/1.7 / AUTO HDR
    [​IMG]

Google Camera

ISO 102 / Shutter Speed 1/671s / f/2 / AUTO HDR
    [​IMG]

The Google Camera's picture is just amazing. It captures all the details not only on the flower but in the background too while on the OnePlus 6 picture, the background loses detail because of the smoothing algorithm. The OnePlus 3T does fairly well here, I would say it keeps up with the Google Cam in some areas like details in the background, a crisper image, more detail in. The OnePlus 6 again tends to overexpose the white edges of the flower.

OnePlus 3T
    [​IMG]

OnePlus 6
    [​IMG]

Google Camera
    [​IMG]

CONTINUE BELOW

BobbyVK, meatandy, yag2j and 9 others like this.
  12. NeVeR_SeTTLe The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jun 3, 2018

Stickied Post
    Looking in more closely, the Google Camera here outshines both OnePlus devices. OnePlus 3T trails after the Google Camera and the OnePlus 6 is the last to finish this race. The details are washed out on the OnePlus 6 due to it smoothing everything out in order to not get noise in the picture. The OnePlus 3T does a wonderful job on this macro shot but the Google Camera is just unbeatable.

OnePlus 3T
    [​IMG]

OnePlus 6
    [​IMG]

Google Camera
    [​IMG]

Let’s focus on the OnePlus 6 for a little bit. In this picture, take a closer look at the white edges of the flower. The overexposure of the white petals tends to lessen the details of the lines on the flower. Let’s look in the middle where the tiny hairs are near the yellow part. You can still see them but then look at the Google Camera’s and OnePlus 3T’s hairs and you will notice the difference in detail. On the OnePlus 6, the whites are too white just making the image worse.

Potrait Mode with additional Bokeh

I am not a fan of having hearts, bubbles or any other design in bokeh mode. It’s just not for me. I know I will never use it ;) Just some quick shots I did to see how the pictures would turn out with those extra bokeh effects. I have to say that it’s a hit or a miss. Sometimes it works for me and sometimes it doesn’t. Enough talk, let’s take a look at the pictures :p

Stars
    [​IMG]

Hearts
    [​IMG]

Bubbles
    [​IMG]

And that’s how they come out folks. Nothing special really. Maybe I am a man and look at this differently but some women might have a go at this :D :D

Update 1: @Bouncer71 wanted to know if these special bokeh effects work in low light and night time shots...so I did a test to see if it would work. Unfortunately, it doesn't. The camera needs more light in order to take portrait photos and those bokeh effects that all the women love :D

Whenever I switch the camera to portrait mode in low light/night time, it gives me this info:

[​IMG]

Portrait lovers, forget portrait mode in low light and night time.

Portrait Mode

UPDATE 2: I experimented more with the special bokeh effects and I think I got the hang of it. Still, it doesn't tickle my fancy :)
    So I noticed that in order to have those special bokeh effects spot on, you have to have two things:

1. Light
    2. A wide range of view

Here are some pictures to show what I mean:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As from the pictures above, the special bokeh effects are visible in the blurred parts only. When trying to capture a picture with bokeh effects, you have to get the right field of depth. In the camera app, the depth effect symbol has to turn green and when it does then a perfect shot will come out with the bokeh effects. The only downside is that you can't see it in the camera viewfinder those special effects, but you can see the blurred areas where they will appear. Some more pictures which came out so so

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I took the OnePlus 6 and shot a small dwarf statue just to see how it would come out.

OnePlus 6
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think it came out okay. The quality is there and the bokeh in the background. The focus on the subject is good too. Overall, pleased with the portrait mode.

CONTINUE BELOW

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018

BobbyVK, meatandy, GopalB. and 11 others like this.
  13. NeVeR_SeTTLe The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jun 3, 2018

Stickied Post
    Video

Ok so, I deleted the links to the YouTube videos I had uploaded because only the maximum videos you can upload here on the community is 5 and then I would have to start to make new posts to accommodate the other remaining videos. So I uploaded them to my Google Drive. Here they are:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=12ZMo7Xxlm3tAXJouHeJnjAaoPuHfx4T5

After watching these videos, you probably have a good idea on how the quality is like between the OnePlus 3T and the OnePlus 6 but let me briefly touch upon the problems that I saw.
    With the OnePlus 3T, I know this babe inside and out and what flaws it has with the videos. So let me get to it.

1. The video shot with 1080p @ 60FPS does not feel smooth but a bit on the stuttering side. At night, I can see that the autofocus is jumpy, always trying to get that focus in which I didn’t see when recording at 1080p @ 30FPS.
    2. Slow motion is much faster than on the OnePlus 6.

With the OnePlus 6, I saw more problems than with my OnePlus 3T. These are as follows:

1. While recording at 720p @ 30FPS, when walking in the park, every time I took a step, there is a small jitter that you can see on the video. The sound is deeper and louder than on my OnePlus 3T but it’s like my voice going through a big amplifier which gives some noise distortion.
    2. While watching the video shot at 1080p @ 60fps, it has the same jitter problem as on the OnePlus 3T. There is no smoothness to it. I also noticed while filming at night, on the right and left sides there is a purplish tint. It is probably due to the fact that there was some light behind me. Still, on my OnePlus 3T, I didn’t notice this purplish tint and it was filmed in the same place at the same time.
    3. 1080p @ 30FPS I can see that the quality is suffering at night. Look at the band playing. The picture is just jumping and distorted. I can see that the picture on the band is wiggling from left to right.
    4. The 4K @ 60FPS is a total fail. The video stutters and the image quality is big time distorted. The voice is coming in ok.
    5. OBSERVATION: This only pertains to 1080p @ 60FPS, 4K @ 30FPS, 4K @ 60FPS. I noticed that in these modes, they are not recording at 30FPS or 60FPS but one frame rate below. I wonder why. Does it really make a difference that one frame rate? No. This is just my observation as compared to the OnePlus 3T.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018

BobbyVK, meatandy, GopalB. and 11 others like this.
  14. NeVeR_SeTTLe The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jun 3, 2018

Stickied Post
    OnePlus 6 Conclusion

The day has come to end my review of the OnePlus 6. Most of you want to know if I would recommend it. Well, let us backtrack down in memory lane to my experience with this phone. The design of the phone is eye catching. When holding in my hand this device, I feel that it is a premium smart phone with good looks, packing a strong right punch at the competition with a fair price tag. On the other hand, it is made with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 which doesn’t have the industrial-strength as of metal. It’s fragile. Flipping it to the front, there you have the dreaded notch sitting on top which is kind of annoying because it doesn’t show me all my notifications on the status bar. It’s a pain in the neck. You can hide the notch if you don’t prefer the look but still the notifications will be cut due to the notch. You love it or you hate it but you can’t deny it’s there.

Going further down memory lane, the performance of the phone is top NOTCH (get it? :D) Corny joke, never mind! :D Its performance is impressive due to the Snapdragon 845 SoC and 8GB of RAM. This is a No-Holds-Barred smart phone. I can’t complain on the performance part. The Oxygen OS is buttery smooth as ever. Light on its feet, powerful in the ring and the performance you want when you need.

On to the camera (which I did an extensive review on it and still will keep updating it as I find out other things), I have a mixed feeling on it. It’s a hit or a miss in my book. As seen with the photos, its low light photography is OKAY, wouldn’t say great but better than previous OnePlus devices. At night and in low light situations, the camera produces great detail with great contrast and low noise. In daylight, the pictures come out vibrant and in great clarity. As with every camera, there are always BUTs. I saw in most of my photos, the camera doesn’t capture the right balance of colors. Instead of capturing the natural colors, it tends to oversaturate them. The other thing is the over sharpening of pictures. Over sharpening in return introduces noise in the photograph. Too much of a good thing can ruin the photo and it sometimes does. Just as we have seen it on the OnePlus 5T with too much noise reduction, leading to an oil painting effect. Same goes here, too much sharpening can lead to noise in some scenarios. The last thing I saw is that the camera tends to smoothen the details of the picture in daytime therefore washing some parts of the picture out. The OnePlus 6 still can’t match the Google Pixel’s software programming side as we saw. Even though, I only have a Google Camera port on my older OnePlus 3T, it took better pictures than the OnePlus 6. As for the OnePlus 3T, it got pounded by the OnePlus 6 in most of the scenarios.

So, would I recommend you the OnePlus 6 overall?

The design is really a personal taste – you either love it or hate it. The performance is just pure awesome. The camera is a big improvement over previous devices and it’s on the right track to getting better. The price tag is fair, I would say. So with all of this in mind, my answer is YES.

P.S - This is for the photography aficionados or other users who have GCam installed on their older OnePlus devices and are thinking of buying the OnePlus 6 for its camera alone, I would tell you to hold off from buying the OnePlus 6 and see what the OnePlus 6T will offer. GCam does wonders compared to the OnePlus 6 as you saw in my in-depth camera review.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018

BobbyVK, GopalB., G_plusone and 15 others like this.
  15. NeVeR_SeTTLe The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jun 11, 2018

Stickied Post
    NeVeR_SeTTLe, Jun 11, 2018 :
    UPDATE: In my posts, I wrote that I forgot to include pictures from ported Google Cam on my OnePlus 3T regarding low light / night time shots and how does it compare to the OnePlus 6. Well, here we go ;)

Google Cam - ISO 1526 / Shutter Speed 1/25s / f/2.0
    [​IMG]

OnePlus 6 - ISO 2000 / Shutter Speed 1/33s / f/1.7
    [​IMG]

We can see from the picture above that OnePlus 6 has much clearer and detailed elements in the picture. The Google Cam on the OnePlus 3T comes out good in terms of lighting but the clarity and details are much less. Overall, both produced noiseless photos which is great and the color accuracy is spot on with the OnePlus 6. The Google Cam colors are a bit bland which produces lifeless colors.

Google Cam - ISO 799 / Shutter Speed 1/33s / f/2
    [​IMG]

OnePlus 6 - ISO 2500 / Shutter Speed 1/20s / f/1.7
    [​IMG]

Here we are presented with a different story. In low light situations, where there are lots of lamp posts and lights at night time, the Google Camera pulls out here as the clear winner. Look at the lamp posts and at the signs which are lit - the picture on the OnePlus 6 has those overblown, while the Google Cam keeps it under control with less light pollution while retaining the details which I can clearly read. The reason for the overexposed parts on the OnePlus 6 is due to the higher level of ISO which was 2500 and on the Google Cam it was 800. Big difference, right? Here, when you zoom into both pictures, you can see that the OnePlus 6 over sharpens the pictures which leads to noise and quality degradation but on the Google Camera, even though the picture is a little bit darker, we can't see the noise as compared to the OnePlus 6.

Google Camera - ISO 1693 / Shutter Speed 1/20s / f/2
    [​IMG]

OnePlus 6 - ISO 2000 / Shutter Speed 1/17s / f/1.7
    [​IMG]

This is a picture of a beautiful gothic church here in Wroclaw, Poland. I took this picture especially at night because it gives mobile cameras a tough time :) So, as you can see, the Google Camera's colors are much pleasing and natural. This is exactly what your eye would see. On the other hand, OnePlus 6 picture is over saturated with a strong color enhancement. To many people, the OnePlus 6 would be much more eye catching, but not necessarily gives a realistic color accuracy. Going further, let's take a look at the left side of the picture, here the Google Camera smudges while the OnePlus 6 camera pulls ahead giving a neat detailed and more focused picture. The details and extra sharpening here help the OnePlus 6, giving a better look overall where I make out pretty much every part of the picture. The clear winner here is OnePlus 6, even though it has a much higher ISO of 2000 while the Google Camera has an ISO of 1700.

Google Camera - ISO 831 / Shutter Speed 1/33s / f/2
    [​IMG]

OnePlus 6 - ISO 1000 / Shutter Speed 1/33s / f/1.7
    [​IMG]

Here is yet another low light / night time picture which is a great example. The Google Camera here pulls ahead because it's brighter, keeps color accuracy on the spot, less noise, more detailed elements in dark places and keeps the ISO to 830. On the OnePlus 6, we can see that even it has a higher ISO at 1000, the colors are much darker, which tends to loose some details in those darker elements. Also, the OnePlus 6 makes the cars and parking spot almost 85% darker. Google Cam wins this one hands down

Google Camera - ISO 700 / Shutter Speed 1/17s / f/2
    [​IMG]

OnePlus 6 - ISO 2500 / Shutter Speed 1/10s / f/1.7
    [​IMG]

In this picture, we can see that the detailed tones on the stone wall that is just underneath on the side of the bridge has greater detail and contrast on the OnePlus 6 than on the Google Camera. When you look up on the sky, the sky is much darker on the OnePlus 6 while on the Google Camera, we can see that there is much more light due to the light pollution giving off. The Google Camera in this picture produced less clarity and a little hazy in some parts. The OnePlus 6 kept good amount of detail to avoid being hazy and also the colors were punchier which in turn produced a better picture overall.

In conclusion, it's a mixed bag in low light / night time shots between the Google Cam on the OnePlus 3T and the OnePlus 6. They keep exchanging punches and once the Google Cam pulls off and in other situations, the OnePlus 6 pulls ahead. Given that the OnePlus 3T is 1.5 years old, with the help of the Google Camera, it is not that bad in low light situations and sometimes keeps up and overpasses the OnePlus 6 camera. I give a tie between the Google Camera and the OnePlus 6.

If you want to see some more pictures between the Google Camera on the OnePlus 3T and the OnePlus 6, head over to my folder on Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-beDRZcSeYp7F17zCARAvtdOSlRwQZkC

Which do you prefer more? ;)

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018

16. NeVeR_SeTTLe The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jun 13, 2018

17. RJBoss Marshmallow May 26, 2018

xnutzii, bart877ie, Sun90 and 14 others like this.
  18. NeverGiveUpOnUrDreams KitKat May 26, 2018

xnutzii, SJBoss, pa5t1s and 9 others like this.
  19. Shivang Joshi The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer May 26, 2018

Sun90, Bouncer71, SJBoss and 9 others like this.
  20. RJBoss Marshmallow May 26, 2018

RJBoss, May 26, 2018 :
    I can figure out the surprise.

Is it OnePlus Bluetooth Wireless Headphones? Do Correct me if I'm wrong!

Sun90, Bouncer71, SJBoss and 9 others like this.
  21. NeVeR_SeTTLe The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer May 26, 2018

NeVeR_SeTTLe, May 26, 2018 :
    I don't know. Ask @Dunnow he is the one that brought up a surprise :p

Sun90, otto2, Bouncer71 and 10 others like this.
  22. script Marshmallow Moderator May 26, 2018

xnutzii, Sun90, otto2 and 12 others like this.
  23. RJBoss Marshmallow May 26, 2018

RJBoss, May 26, 2018 :
    See the list that popped up after opening the box. In that list, the 2nd option states so! xD
    Moderator: Picture removed due to privacy concerns

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2018

iNtEnSePL, Sun90, Bouncer71 and 12 others like this.
  24. Shivang Joshi The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer May 26, 2018

Shivang Joshi, May 26, 2018 :
    Yup, I saw that as well :p

@Dunnow, your surprise is leaked lol :p

otto2, Sun90, Bouncer71 and 6 others like this.
  25. NeVeR_SeTTLe The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer May 26, 2018

Sun90, otto2, Bouncer71 and 7 others like this.
  26. Dunnow The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer May 26, 2018

Dunnow, May 26, 2018 :
    I was gonna feel offended, then I remembered you are a troll and write in white. :p

Tho, my unboxing was average I think

youbi, Sun90, otto2 and 8 others like this.
  27. script Marshmallow Moderator May 26, 2018

script, May 26, 2018 :
    All is only plain truth.

Sun90, otto2, Bouncer71 and 6 others like this.
  28. Dunnow The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer May 26, 2018

Dunnow, May 26, 2018 :
    what a hawk sight xD

Sun90, otto2, Bouncer71 and 7 others like this.
  29. RJBoss Marshmallow May 26, 2018

otto2, Bouncer71, SJBoss and 4 others like this.
  30. Lancelot_69 Lollipop May 26, 2018

Lancelot_69, May 26, 2018 :
    Great review! Looking forward to seeing your next post!

Sun90, otto2, Bouncer71 and 4 others like this.
  31. NeVeR_SeTTLe The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer May 26, 2018

32. NeVeR_SeTTLe The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer May 26, 2018

Sun90, otto2, Bouncer71 and 5 others like this.
  33. RJBoss Marshmallow May 26, 2018

RJBoss, May 26, 2018 :
    It's just a quality I possess. Not my fault right? xD

34. NeVeR_SeTTLe The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer May 26, 2018

Don't call it a fault, it's a gift :D

35. NeVeR_SeTTLe The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer May 26, 2018

Just a side note, I couldn't find the gel-like case on OnePlus's Accessories page. I think it might be released later on for some reason unknown.