[The Lab] NeVeR SeTTLe's OnePlus 6 Review

1. NeVeR_SeTTLe
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer May 28, 2018

NeVeR_SeTTLe , May 28, 2018 :
    I hear what your saying. @opolis000 had a great idea which I shared in a post to @Ruby G. question. What do you think about this
    idea

Shivang Joshi and Bouncer71 like this.
  2. G_shaji_wahabuddin_zWaf
    Froyo May 28, 2018

NeVeR_SeTTLe likes this.
  3. G_shaji_wahabuddin_zWaf
    Froyo May 28, 2018

NeVeR_SeTTLe likes this.
  4. NeVeR_SeTTLe
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer May 28, 2018

NeVeR_SeTTLe , May 28, 2018 :
    Definitely the Midnight Black if I would have an option. The Midnight Black is more matte like while the Mirror Black is more glossy. With the Midnight Black version, you have less fingerprints to worry about. Less reflection in the sun. I just love matte phones. Everybody has a preference. :)

5. OnePlusEleventyThree
    Froyo May 29, 2018

OnePlusEleventyThree , May 29, 2018 :
    Hahaha Cool! Innovative idea that one! (Kind of reminds me of Nintendo Labo!) Don't you think?
    (...only slight more useful!)

I'd actually use one of those! (would save me a fortune on docks)

NeVeR_SeTTLe likes this.
  6. NeVeR_SeTTLe
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer May 29, 2018

NeVeR_SeTTLe , May 29, 2018 :
    That was the whole though and concept about - saving money and reusing the packaging materials to innovate something useful.

Shivang Joshi likes this.
  7. herecomesmaggi
    Eclair May 29, 2018

herecomesmaggi , May 29, 2018 :
    Is this another version of box or an exclusive?? .. I just got white box with a single transparent cover in it. Hope I am not cheated..
    Someone please confirm.

8. NeVeR_SeTTLe

The are different versions depending on what version you buy.

Shivang Joshi likes this.
  9. herecomesmaggi
    Eclair May 29, 2018

NeVeR_SeTTLe

The are different versions depending on what version you buy.

I purchased A6000. I am from India.
    I got it from Amazon Prime.

Update - I just checked Amazon, for box contents, it doesn't say 3 covers.. I guess that isn't part of Indian market...

NeVeR_SeTTLe likes this.
  10. Shivang Joshi
    The Lab Reviewer - OPPO Find N May 29, 2018

Shivang Joshi , May 29, 2018 :
    Don't worry, you aren't cheated. The black box you're seeing is the special reviewer's box :)

11. herecomesmaggi
    Eclair May 29, 2018

Thanks.. Handset is dope dude, Rocking it from day one... I just upgraded from one plus 1, it was huge improvement.. [e]1f602[/e][e]1f602[/e]

Alvie and NeVeR_SeTTLe like this.
  12. Shivang Joshi

Ahh nice :)
    Yeah, that's a huge leap from OnePlus One to OnePlus 6.

NeVeR_SeTTLe likes this.
  13. NeVeR_SeTTLe

Really? I didn't know. I thought that there are different color versions depending on what model you got.

Alvie and Shivang Joshi like this.
  14. Shivang Joshi

Yes, every variant comes in that normal white box ;) (except the Avengers Edition)

Alvie and NeVeR_SeTTLe like this.
  15. G_DonMakaveli_Thuglife_M
    Eclair May 29, 2018

G_DonMakaveli_Thuglife_M , May 29, 2018 :
    So people cry much about the notch.. but theres a reason for IT.. android P will have full support for IT.. they reduce the icons from 7 to 4. most phones willa have this notch because of this. You will cry when android P comes to devices without a notch ;P

16. NeVeR_SeTTLe

We will see :p

idkwhoiam322 and Shivang Joshi like this.
  17. NeVeR_SeTTLe

Stickied Post
    SPEED PART 1

In the black corner, standing 140 mm tall (5.5 in), weighing in at 158 grams, the former flagship killer, the OnePlus 3T :D

Good evening and welcome to tonight’s match ladies and gentleman, which promises to be a doozy in every sense of the word. I want a good clean fight between you too. Nothing below the you know what, good luck to both of you.

Let’s get ready to rumble!!!!!! :D

Can the OnePlus 3T knock out the OnePlus 6 or even come close in performance? Well let’s find out.

Spec Overview:

OnePlus 6:
    [​IMG]

OnePlus 3T:
    [​IMG]

3D Benchmarks

OnePlus 6:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OnePlus 3T:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3D, UX, CPU & RAM

OnePlus 6:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OnePlus 3T:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Single-core and multi-core performance

OnePlus 6:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OnePlus 3T:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 30, 2018

18. TibiTibi
    Photography Expert Community Expert May 29, 2018

19. NeVeR_SeTTLe

It took you some time :p
    More to come Tibi ;) The review is still not finished. :)

20. NeVeR_SeTTLe

SPEED PART 2

Frames Per Second Test:

OnePlus 6:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OnePlus 3T:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

WiFi Speed Check

OnePlus 6:

[​IMG]

OnePlus 3T:

[​IMG]

Getting back to the performance of the OnePlus 6, it is one hell of a fast phone and by “fast” I mean its super turbo charged fast. Anything I threw at it, the device didn't stutter. The games I played were Asphalt 8: Airborne, Modern Combat 5: Blackout, N.O.V.A Legacy, PUBG (although there was an error that popped up during the game and it crashed a couple of times, I think this is a fault on the developer’s part), Temple Run 2, Super Mario Run and DragonBall Legends. It was really a smooth gaming experience. The colors were rich, vibrant and eye catching. While playing these games, I noticed that the OnePlus 6 is going up to 30fps and staying on that FPS strong while the OnePlus 3T went a bit below on some of the game titles but on others it shined.

The OnePlus 3T did also quite well in gaming and didn't have any trouble at all given it has the Snapdragon 821 processor and the Adreno 530 GPU. An important thing I noticed on the OnePlus 3T was that when playing a game in a 6 minute time frame, its temperature rose to almost 36.5C while the OnePlus 6 stayed cooler with a temperature of 35.3C.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When pushing the gaming limit to the maximum and playing for over 30 minutes, the OnePlus 6 temps reached 44.3C while the OnePlus 3T hit 49.5C. Overall, the OnePlus 6 remained much cooler than the OnePlus 3T when given intensifying tasks like playing games and rendering. The back of both phones were warm, but the OnePlus 3T was much warmer to the touch.

For the photographer aficionados, you are probably wondering how the OnePlus 6 can handle apps like Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom, Snapseed and other 3rd party software. Well, it can handle it with a breeze. I noticed that when editing pictures on my OnePlus 3T, there was sometimes a sharp freeze and then it would continue as normal but with the OnePlus 6, I was flying through editing pictures especially those RAW files that are so humongous (33MB or sometimes even larger). The OnePlus 3T still can do a good job with editing and rendering but I could feel that it was hesitant at times.

While maneuvering through Oxygen OS, both phones held up really great. No stutter, no hangs, just a pleasant UI experience where opening apps, closing them, adding folders or icons didn't give any problems for these phones. When opening up Google Chrome and just browsing through the internet, the scrolling speed is relatively the same. When opening up a new tab on Google Chrome, the OnePlus 6 was just a couple of milliseconds faster. These are milliseconds we are talking about. Other websites where there are a lot of pictures like Facebook and Instagram, I noticed that the OnePlus 6 was faster in scrolling through them than my OnePlus 3T. With the OnePlus 3T, I felt more lag while the OnePlus 6 was just a much more enjoyable scrolling experience.

As for both phones, the speed difference you can notice. It’s not a huge speed difference, but it’s there. Both of the phones come out on top but if I’m talking about pure speed then the winner is the OnePlus 6 here, hands down.

For you guys and gals that own a OnePlus 3T, should you make the switch? That depends. It depends on what do you use your phone for, what matters the most to you and do you think that the OnePlus 6 is worth the money. I can only write this, if you are somebody who loves to game a lot and are doing lot of video rendering or even a lot of picture editing (that are big), then go for it. On the other hand, if you are a person who plays games once in a while, doesn't really need to edit a lot of pictures or render a lot of videos or do intensive tasks, then stay with the OnePlus 3T. It’s still a good phone in 2018.

PS. - All these benchmarks are just numbers used to test the performance of smart phones, tablets, computers, etc. In my opinion, benchmarks represent an estimated number on how your device ranks and on what speeds you may encounter. For me, benchmarks don’t count that much because I tend to justify the performance of my device on how my user experience feels and how smooth the device performs. This is what really matters at the end.

Last edited: May 29, 2018

malidan, RJBoss, G_plusone and 3 others like this.