Sure :D now waiting for the camera result :p
    im-watching-you.jpg
    The thread is now on my watch list ;)

2. script
    Moderator Moderator May 29, 2018

3. G_shaji_wahabuddin_zWaf
    Froyo May 29, 2018

G_shaji_wahabuddin_zWaf , May 29, 2018 :
    I guess ur probably right. Look what I found.

https://9to5google.com/2018/05/29/google-pixel-3-3-xl-leak-speculation-render-notch/

Like it or not... It looks like 2018 is going to be the year notch

NeVeR_SeTTLe likes this.
  4. Lancelot_69
    Lollipop May 29, 2018

Lancelot_69 , May 29, 2018 :
    Received mine last night! You are dead on with your review. I wasn't a big fan of the gel case it comes with, so I am going bareback!

5. NeVeR_SeTTLe
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer May 29, 2018

NeVeR_SeTTLe , May 29, 2018 :
    Thanks Lancelot :) You sure you want to go bareback? It's kind of risky

6. Lancelot_69
    Lollipop May 29, 2018

I almost never use a case, unless it does more than just protect. I bought a case for my opx because it had stand.

7. NeVeR_SeTTLe

Good luck. I already had a life lesson where I dropped my phone and it shattered completely. :(
    What version did you get? :cool:

8. Lancelot_69
    Lollipop May 29, 2018

Midnight black 6gb 64 gb

9. G_shaji_wahabuddin_zWaf
    Froyo May 29, 2018

What about one of those dbrand skins? Ever used one of those? Should protect the glass from some scratches but won't completely protect from shattering I guess. Still good for some grip if u want to use it naked without a case.

Bouncer71 and NeVeR_SeTTLe like this.
  10. NeVeR_SeTTLe

11. NeVeR_SeTTLe

I have one of those dbrand skins on my OnePlus 3T and will definitely slap one on the OnePlus 6.
    I agree with you that they are grippy. Good for those who like to go nude :D :D

12. G_shaji_wahabuddin_zWaf
    Froyo May 29, 2018

Saw the dbrand installation video for the 6 and the skin sits very nicely within the metal frame border of the phone on the back - without the wrap around on the edges which sometimes falls short (like it does on my 5T). Would be a very good decision.

13. NeVeR_SeTTLe

Thanks for sharing ;)

Bouncer71 and Shivang Joshi like this.
  14. NeVeR_SeTTLe

15. G_shaji_wahabuddin_zWaf
    Froyo May 29, 2018

16. NeVeR_SeTTLe

Working on it now. I want to take my time with the camera review as it is one of the most crucial parts knowing how OnePlus is struggling in the camera department.

17. G_shaji_wahabuddin_zWaf
    Froyo May 30, 2018

G_shaji_wahabuddin_zWaf , May 30, 2018 :
    I was just reading the updates you made. Just a few doubts:

Observation 1: I guess the notch takes up some of the space on the notification bar and if you want to see all your notifications then pulling down the quick settings menu and expanding is the only option. Still how many notifications can you see on the left of the notch. Is it the same number if you toggle the notch "off"?

Observation 2: Coming from a non-notched phone I guess it's obvious that old habits die hard and that you are going to keep swiping down from the center of the screen where the notch now exists instead of the sides to open quick settings. The 5T has a feature that allows you to pull down quick settings by swiping your finger down on the finger print scanner and you could scroll down further to see the notifications or swipe up to close - all this while using just one hand. Does the 6 have this? It could have been a useful feature right now.

Observation 3: This seems to be a nicely thought out feature. If you choose to display all apps in full screen mode does the notch interfere with the viewing experience while playing videos in landscape mode or while scrolling down reading material in portrait mode?

Bouncer71 likes this.
  18. NeVeR_SeTTLe
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer May 30, 2018

NeVeR_SeTTLe , May 30, 2018 :
    Great questions!
    So to answer your questions:

1. Look at these screenshots I took. I have the notch hidden but as you can see, it will only allow four icons on the top left and three icons on the top right. It shows you that you have more icons after that with a dot on the left and three dots on the right. I called in my review, that this notch design is a flaw. It takes away from the whole Android experience.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. The OnePlus 6 doesn't have the fingerprint swipe feature at all.

3. No it does not. It keeps the notch hidden even if you want to leave the notch, the YouTube videos are displayed full screen but you won't see the notch. Same thing goes for Google Chrome...you are reading a website and it doesn't interfere with your reading experience. The only time you will see the notch is when opening up programs like WhatsApp or Signal or Telegram.

Last edited: May 30, 2018

woSch, TibiTibi, Bouncer71 and 3 others like this.
  19. NeVeR_SeTTLe
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer May 30, 2018

Stickied Post
    NeVeR_SeTTLe , May 30, 2018 :
    SPEED PART 2

Framers Per Second Test:

OnePlus 6:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OnePlus 3T:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

WiFi Speed Check

OnePlus 6:

[​IMG]

OnePlus 3T:

[​IMG]

Getting back to the performance of the OnePlus 6, it is one hell of a fast phone and by “fast” I mean its super turbo charged fast. Anything I threw at it, the device didn’t stutter. The games I played were Asphalt 8: Airborne, Modern Combat 5: Blackout, N.O.V.A Legacy, PUBG (although there was an error that popped up during the game and it crashed a couple of times, I think this is a fault on the developer’s part), Temple Run 2, Super Mario Run and DragonBall Legends. It was really a smooth gaming experience. The colors were rich, vibrant and eye catching. While playing these games, I noticed that the OnePlus 6 is going up to 30fps and staying on that FPS strong while the OnePlus 3T went a bit below on some of the game titles but on others it shined.

The OnePlus 3T did also quite well in gaming and didn’t have any trouble at all given it has the Snapdragon 821 processor and the Adreno 530 GPU. An important thing I noticed on the OnePlus 3T was that when playing a game in a 6 minute time frame, its temperature rose to almost 36.5C while the OnePlus 6 stayed cooler with a temperature of 35.3C.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When pushing the gaming limit to the maximum and playing for over 30 minutes, the OnePlus 6 temps reached 44.3C while the OnePlus 3T hit 49.5C. Overall, the OnePlus 6 remained much cooler than the OnePlus 3T when given intensifying tasks like playing games and rendering. The back of the both phones were warm, but the OnePlus 3T was much warmer to the touch.

For the photographer aficionados, you are probably wondering how the OnePlus 6 can handle apps like Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom, Snapseed and other 3rd party software. Well, it can handle it with a breeze. I noticed that when editing pictures on my OnePlus 3T, there was sometimes a sharp freeze and then it would continue as normal but with the OnePlus 6, I was flying through editing pictures especially those RAW files that are so humongous (33MB or sometimes even larger). The OnePlus 3T still can do a good job with editing and rendering but I could feel that it was hesitant at times.

While maneuvering through Oxygen OS, both phones held up really great. No stutter, no hangs, just a pleasant UI experience where opening apps, closing them, adding folders or icons didn’t give any problems for these phones. When opening up Google Chrome and just browsing through the internet, the scrolling speed is relatively the same. When opening up a new tab on Google Chrome, the OnePlus 6 was just a couple of milliseconds faster. These are milliseconds we are talking about. Other websites where there are a lot of pictures like Facebook and Instagram, I noticed that the OnePlus 6 was faster in scrolling through them than my OnePlus 3T. With the OnePlus 3T, I felt more lag while the OnePlus 6 was just a much more enjoyable scrolling experience.

As for both phones, the speed difference you can notice. It’s not a huge speed difference, but it’s there. Both of the phones come out on top but if I’m talking about pure speed then the winner is the OnePlus 6 here, hands down.

For you guys and gals that own a OnePlus 3T, should you make the switch? That depends. It depends on what do you use your phone for, what matters the most to you and do you think that the OnePlus 6 is worth the money. I can only write this, if you are somebody who loves to game a lot and are doing lot of video rendering or even a lot of editing of pictures (that are big), then go for it. On the other hand, if you are a person who plays games once in a while, don’t really need to edit a lot of pictures or render a lot of videos or do intensive tasks, then stay with the OnePlus 3T. It’s still a good phone in 2018.

PS. - All these benchmarks are just numbers used to test the performance of smartphones, tablets, computers, etc. In my opinion, benchmarks represent an estimated number on how your device ranks and on what speeds you may encounter. For me, benchmarks don’t count that much because I tend to justify the performance of my device on how my user experience feels and how smooth the device performs. This is what really matters at the end.

Last edited: May 30, 2018

BobbyV8_, Alvie, RJBoss and 11 others like this.
  20. Akhshay Srinivasan
    Nougat May 30, 2018

Akhshay Srinivasan , May 30, 2018 :
    Part II certainly comes with a comparison b/w 5 and 5T vs 6 ?

NeVeR_SeTTLe likes this.