The LAB - ObnoxiousMeow's OnePlus 6T Review

1. ObnoxiousMeow The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Nov 1, 2018

ObnoxiousMeow, Nov 1, 2018 :
    [​IMG]

Introduction

Greetings to my fellow OnePlus Community members! My name is Melissa / ObnoxiousMeow and I would like to thank you for stopping by my review thread on the new OnePlus 6T.

I’d like to further extend my gratitude to the OnePlus Team for the privilege and opportunity to be one of the first people to see and review this new device. This was truly unexpected and I cannot wait to share my thoughts with the rest of you.

A bit about myself: when I’m not busy tinkering with tech, I can be found taking photos of my cats, head bobbing to loud tunes, and complaining about my back pain.

Over the course of the next week I will be writing on the following topics for the OnePlus 6T, followed by my final thoughts:
    I have only had the OnePlus 6T for about a week, so I cannot guarantee that my reviews will be released in that order, but I will certainly try.

Now, on with the reviews!

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018

2. ObnoxiousMeow The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Nov 1, 2018

Unboxing

The OnePlus 6T isn’t my first device from OnePlus. It’s been a few years now, so I am pretty familiar with the OnePlus brand, and enjoy the minimalist aesthetic and design language that I have come to expect from them. For those that are new to OnePlus, you might be wondering what I am talking about. And for oldies like me—indulge—and let me show you. Because there really is no other way to show off OnePlus’ clean motifs than with their exemplary Reviewer’s Media Kit.

I welcomed this unassuming box to my home about a week ago. The box itself has a bit of a grippy texture to it. Like the products manufactured by OnePlus, even this box is well made. It also has magnets all over to keep things in place. (Magnets! How do they work?!)

[​IMG]

The inside of this box was like a Russian Nesting Doll—a box within a box within a box. I cannot fault OnePlus for the boxes, though. You just never know what happens once a package is with the delivery company. Better to be safe than sorry.

Along with the OnePlus 6T itself, my kit also contained a small red microfiber cleaning cloth, a pair of OnePlus’ new Type-C Bullets Earphones, the Nylon Bumper Case, the Sandstone Protective Case, and the signature OnePlus Red Silicone Protective Case.

[​IMG]

After quickly snapping a photo of everything inside the box, I swept everything aside to focus on our star of the show—the OnePlus 6T. I will get back to the accessories later in this review.

On the OnePlus 6T’s box, you’ll see a red ribbon with a definition of “OnePlus Community.” I am not sure if this will be included on all OnePlus 6Ts, but I think it'd be cool if they did.

“A [OnePlus Community is a] collection of individuals possessed of a tremendous understanding and superior taste in the finest technology. What’s most important, is that they’re a part of what we do—and that includes you.”

I don’t believe that this statement is reserved for just reviewers. It's for all of us here. We all have a part in this. That is what sets OnePlus apart from other big players in the tech industry.

[​IMG]

This photo of the side of the OnePlus 6T packaging shows that OnePlus has kept their logo placement as is. No changes here. Even the “T” remains the same as it was when it was first introduced.

[​IMG]

Instant gratification is for the weak, so here is another photo showing off the detailed packaging. At first I thought these striations were a scratch on the box, but it looks more like a separate design decision meant to emphasise the speed of the OnePlus 6T.

[​IMG]

And . . . the reveal. It’s so clean. So reflective.

I immediately noticed the lack of red within the package. It seems like OnePlus has opted for a minimalist white aesthetic for the OnePlus 6T’s packaging design. Some folks might be upset about the loss of the packaging’s bold red, but I have no complaints about this.

The OnePlus 6T remains, of course, very well protected in its box cradle.

The new fingerprint sensor that is under the screen has a placement sticker that very quickly alerts us of this new feature.

[​IMG]

If you look closely, you'll see that the OnePlus 6T is also pre-installed with a screen protector. It's been like this for years and I'm glad they have retained this tradition.

Also included with the OnePlus 6T was a basic TPU case that OnePlus has included with their phones since the beginning of time, the OnePlus Fast Charging brick and cable, and the Type-C to 3.5 mm headphone jack adapter.

RIP Headphone Jack.

[​IMG]

And here’s a close-up of that unobtrusive notch. As a result of this smaller notch, we bid farewell to the notification light. At first, I was a bit disappointed that OnePlus did away with the light, but after about a week I have gotten used to it. It’s quite refreshing that I can get something done without being interrupted by the constant blinking light from e-mails I receive at work.

[​IMG]

The phone itself is still mostly glass. A glass sandwich, if you will, because the sides are all aluminium. The buttons click well. And the slider remains on the right-hand side and slides without much difficulty.

Although a lot of companies have chosen to manufacture their phones out of glass, I'm personally not a fan of it. Before OnePlus, I was using the HTC One series of phones made almost completely out of metal. Those were hefty, solid, and could survive a fall from waist height like a Nokia brick.

I am by no means suggesting that the OnePlus 6T is poorly manufactured. Far from it. I just cannot in good conscience, in spite of all the advances made by Corning Gorilla Glass, carry a glass phone naked and without a case.

Yes—glass backs are beautiful. Personally, I love the Midnight Black version that I received, which has an awesome frosted look that also keeps the fingerprints at bay. But the reason glass became a material of choice for many manufacturers was to include wireless charging. The OnePlus 6T does not have that, nor does it need it with OnePlus Fast Charging.

This completely defeats the purpose of having a glass back. Glass was a compromise. And without wireless charging, that compromise was probably unnecessary.

[​IMG]

Here's the rest of the unboxed accessories with the OnePlus 6T. It’s like one big happy family.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OnePlus has done very well in manufacturing the cases for their flagships. I know some folks like to dbrand everything, but I personally like having a bit of a bulkier case—if only because I need a bit of a buffer between my hands and the bezel-less screen.

My hands are small—likely smaller than all of the guys who love large phones—so I not only use my phone with two hands, but I often have a tendency of palming the sides of the phone during intense e-mail sessions, mashing all the buttons in the process.

[​IMG]

The attention to detail on these cases is impeccable.

[​IMG]

This same felt-like material can be found in the Nylon Bumper Case as well, which is the same case that I will be using during the course of my review of the OnePlus 6T. Do take note that the Sandstone Protective Case does not have the same softness inside; as a result, that case is a lot less bulky, but still retains the structural integrity needed to keep your OnePlus 6T safe.

Altogether, I really enjoyed the unboxing experience by OnePlus. It was not only satisfying, but extremely organised and thorough. This Media Kit aside, there are very few companies that provide a screen protector and case out-of-the-box. OnePlus is one of those companies. So, let’s hope it stays that way.

Stay tuned for my review of the OnePlus 6T itself!

Disclaimer: All photos of the OnePlus 6T, except for one, were taken with the OnePlus 5T.

3. ObnoxiousMeow The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Nov 1, 2018

Screen Unlock

Today, I’m going to be covering the couple ways we can screen unlock the OnePlus 6T. It goes without saying that a large part of my review is going to be focusing on the OnePlus 6T’s new fingerprint sensor under the screen.

This sensor is unlike any of the sensors currently found on most mainstream flagship phones. It is also the most distinguishable difference between the OnePlus 6T and the OnePlus 6 that was released earlier this year.

Screen unlocking might at first seem like a trivial feature to talk about. Until, that is, you realise that the act of unlocking your device is always the first interaction you have with your smartphone. For OnePlus to fundamentally change the way we interact with the OnePlus 6T is both a bold and risky move. On the one hand, OnePlus 6T leads the pack in being the first major device being offered by T-Mobile and Verizon with such cutting edge technology. But on the other hand, it also forces OnePlus to be put into a position where growing pains might hinder the user experience for the OnePlus 6T.

Despite some initial hiccups with the response time of the new sensor, I think OnePlus executed the introduction of this new fingerprint sensor very well. I am a big proponent of giving people options with how they want to use their smartphone. So, it is fantastic to see that OnePlus users have access to both OnePlus’ lightning fast face unlock technology as well as a more secure option in the new fingerprint reader. The OnePlus 6T also brings the sensor back to the front of the phone—where it belongs.

So, if you’re coming from any phone with a physical fingerprint sensor—and especially those folks who are coming from a OnePlus phone released in the past two years—you will find that there is a noticeable lag in the sensor’s response. However, in my use, I found that this was temporary.

It might be a bit slower at first, but the timing of the sensor is something that gets better with time as it “learns” our fingerprints and as we learn where to place our finger. Because, unfortunately, having an in-screen fingerprint reader means that there is nothing physically there to guide users to where the sensor is located. The only other downside about this updated fingerprint sensor is that it necessarily means you’re going to have to get used to having a near permanently smeared fingerprint at the bottom of your screen at all times. I personally have no issue with it, but it's definitely something I think folks here should know.

Being a part of the OnePlus family has its benefits. And one of those benefits lies in the fact that OnePlus users are spoiled with timely system updates that are pushed to all their supported devices on a regular basis. Since I began my review of the OnePlus 6T, I received two updates, one of which was specific to the fingerprint sensor. And since then, I have found that the sensor has functioned a bit more seamlessly and quickly.

I have attached here some GIFs of the three animation options for the fingerprint sensor. These are recorded all in real time. The first GIF serves as both a brief look at the animation, but more importantly, depicts how quick the new sensor now unlocks my OnePlus 6T. The second GIF demonstrates the animation with a bit more detail, followed by a face unlock.

“Cosmos.”

[​IMG]

“Cosmos” with face unlock.

.[​IMG]

“Stripe.”

[​IMG]

“Stripe” with face unlock.

[​IMG]

“Wave.”

[​IMG]

“Wave” with face unlock.

[​IMG]

So, if your final question is—does this really work? Or, is this just a gimmick? You can rest assured that this fingerprint sensor is what it claims to be. Like much of new technology, people looking to buy the OnePlus 6T should expect to spend some time getting used to the new placement of the sensor, as well as allowing the sensor to get used to them. Despite some sluggish reaction times, I do not think that this new sensor alone should deter anyone from giving the OnePlus 6T a chance.

If OnePlus has done one thing right, it’s that they have brought the new in-screen fingerprint sensor to the forefront just as the cell phone industry was tiring of the bezel-less fad. OnePlus not only made it work, but they executed it surprisingly well. And that is what innovation is about.

That’s all from me for now! See y’all in the next one.

4. ObnoxiousMeow The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Nov 1, 2018

Battery

The ubiquity of technology in our everyday lives has given us a lot of benefits and conveniences. But none of this would mean anything if our devices did not have the battery life to last through our working day. In such a saturated industry, battery life can make-it or break-it for newly released smartphones.

Amongst the top-tier flagship phones, the difference in overall performance is negligible. However stellar this performance may be, this alone in and of itself, is incomplete without a realistic battery life.

For the OnePlus 6T, OnePlus increased the battery capacity from 3300 mAH to 3700 mAH. Notably, alongside the new fingerprint sensor, this 400 mAH increase was part of the reason why the headphone jack was left out of the OnePlus 6T.

So, was this compromise worth it? The answer to this one isn’t so clearcut.

For some users, the battery life in the past few OnePlus devices has not been nearly bad enough to warrant communal outcries. And oftentimes, these are the same people who would much rather have the convenience of the headphone jack. I place myself in this camp.

However, my opinions aside, I cannot discount the fact that, in my usage, the OnePlus 6T maintained an amazing battery life over the course of my day. In that respect, the OnePlus 6T is a good device for power users or for anyone who has transitioned to Bluetooth, or does not mind the dongle life.

In my day-to-day life, I used the OnePlus 6T for e-mails, calendaring, and gaming. I also spend an inordinate time scrolling through forums and posting on Instagram. All of these require either a WiFi connection or cellular data. At no time was the OnePlus 6T connected to a poor WiFi connection (thanks to my workplace). I also found the auto-brightness sufficient in my everyday use.

In my test below, I managed to squeeze out about a day and half’s use from the OnePlus 6T. This required me to live life on the edge and run the phone’s battery until 1%, at which point it seemed appropriate to grab some screenshots and begin a fresh charging cycle.

Keep in mind that this was from one day. Your mileage may vary depending on the applications that you are using on a daily basis.

As you can see below, I got about 5 hours and 28 minutes of Screen on Time on a fully charged battery. However, on other days, I had no issue achieving nearly 7 and a half hours of Screen on Time—with the difference-maker being my gaming habits.

My usage below also included some overnight standby time, which added to the total running time of my OnePlus 6T.

[​IMG]

No shame here. Pokémon GO indeed used up the most battery life over the course of this day and a half test.

[​IMG]

OnePlus’ claim that users can get a full day’s charge in 30 minutes is no lie. This is the battery after 30 minutes on the OnePlus Fast Charger. For most people, this would be a sufficient amount of battery for the day.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is after an hour on the OnePlus Fast Charger. OnePlus can take pride in the fact that their charger is one of the fastest in the industry, by making sure that whatever heat that may result from the Fast Charge does not affect the battery, but the charging brick itself. Sure, it ain’t Super VOOC, but how many of us really need that anyway.

Like previous OnePlus devices, as the OnePlus 6T battery approaches full capacity, it trinkle charges until completion. It’s hard to complain about the OnePlus 6T’s battery when it is both high endurance and longer-lasting compared to other flagship competitors.

[​IMG]

It took just over an hour for the OnePlus 6T to reach a full charge.

[​IMG]

Despite this, it still comes as a shame that this upgrade to the battery came at the cost of the headphone jack. But, compromises be compromises.

I cannot help but think that OnePlus could have tried a bit harder to make the headphone jack fit into the OnePlus 6T. Perhaps one day when battery technology has improved, we will see the headphone jack resurge. For now, we are going to have to live with what we got.

During my use on other days, I noticed that battery life tended to deplete quite a bit faster when I used the Type-C port for my headphones. However, I could not duplicate this battery depletion when I used my Bluetooth earphones, meaning that playing music on the OnePlus 6T might not be the reason for this observation. I have tried this a few times already and experienced similar results. That said, I am unsure whether this was simply an anecdotal case for me, or whether this is an isolated issue with my OnePlus 6T.

At the end of the day, a smartphone’s battery life is a subjective feature. But if you were to ask me whether the OnePlus 6T would last through the average person’s working day, my answer to that is most definitely in the affirmative.

To keep it short: the OnePlus 6T has awesome battery life and is something y’all really do not need to worry about. Do what you gotta do, because this battery will no doubt keep up with you.

5. ObnoxiousMeow The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Nov 1, 2018

Performance

When it came time for me to switch my device just over a year ago, I picked up a OnePlus device on the premise that its overall performance and software were equal, or superior, to flagship devices and similarly priced smartphones in the market. At that time, that device was the OnePlus 5T. So, how does the OnePlus 6T compare now?

Like all other OnePlus devices the OnePlus 6T maintains its fast performance alongside its smooth overall experience. This speed, coupled with intuitive optimisations within OxygenOS, is OnePlus’ bread and butter, and the reason OnePlus devices continue to grace the hands of millions of users around the world.

The OnePlus 6T is no exception. This phone is a speedfreak. At no point in time during my use of the OnePlus 6T did I notice any lag in its ability to multitask or load applications. All my applications loaded up without a hitch and multitasking—regardless of whatever the applications I used—worked flawlessly. In everyday use, I am confident that the OnePlus 6T will go above and beyond users’ expectations.

On a regular basis, I use my OnePlus 6T to type out e-mails, organise my day, work through documents and spreadsheets, scroll through the internet, in addition to streaming YouTube and Netflix, read, and playing some light games.

The smooth multitasking in the OnePlus 6T is greatly aided by the customisable navigation menus. OxygenOS’ customisation options for the toggles on the notification shade and navigation bar is very practical and allows users to tailor their phone for their specific style of use.

On my home screen, I have taken advantage of the option to switch the recent applications button and the back button. I use the back button far more than I use the recent applications button, so it made sense to me to do this to avoid dropping the OnePlus 6T when I’m using it with only one hand. I still remember the days when I could not change this in the settings, so I really appreciate that users have this option.
    [​IMG]

In the OnePlus 6T settings, users can change how they interact with their phone—either with traditional buttons or with gestures. Both options work very well, so just pick whatever best suits your needs.

[​IMG]
    The notification shade here allows me to toggle connections and commonly used options. These top six options can be changed. And the cool icons’ accent colour can also be personalised.
    [​IMG]
    OxygenOS also includes customisable quick gestures. These various gesture commands on the OnePlus 6T can be used to launch specific applications while the phone’s screen is off. I use this latter feature rather lightly, but I am sure power users could utilise this better. In practice, the gesture commands are not only useful, but nifty and quick.
    [​IMG]

It’s these little things that users can tweak and make theirs that leaves OnePlus’ OxygenOS feel so intuitive. And, for me personally, this is why I like OxygenOS more than stock Android. OxygenOS retains that same clean aesthetic and execution as stock Android, but adds to the experience with user-specific personalisations. It’s what stock Android should have been.

Gaming on the OnePlus 6T revealed little fault on the device’s performance. Games ranging from Chess to Pokémon GO to Tekken ran flawlessly. With OxygenOS’ Gaming Mode users can expect further optimisations that take advantage of the ample ram found in the OnePlus 6T. And, of course, it’s always nice to see that users can also further customise this Gaming Mode on their devices.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

During some gaming sessions, I did notice that the OnePlus 6T would get quite hot to the touch after about half an hour of gaming. This happened while I was playing with Tekken, but that normally doesn’t surprise me. What did throw me off was the fact that the OnePlus 6T got hot after about the same amount of time while I was strolling through a park playing Pokémon GO. A device and battery temperature gauge determined that the phone reached about 52°C (126°F). I am unsure whether this is normal for the OnePlus 6T. But, despite the heating issue, the performance of the OnePlus 6T during gaming never slowed.

This exceptional performance starts with 2018’s best hardware, the Snapdragon 845 and Adreno GPU 630. Both of these components are currently found in almost all flagship phones in Q4 of 2018. And the difference in performance between those phones and the OnePlus 6T is hard to distinguish. Along with these powerhouse chips, OnePlus also includes an option for 8 GB of ram. Their most basic offering now starts at 6 GB of ram and 128 GB of storage, eliminating the 64 GB option completely. While most flagships only offer 4 GB or 6 GB ram options, OnePlus pushes the industry’s standard by offering more, and allows users to futureproof their devices for at least a couple of years.

OnePlus sent me an 8 GB ram version of the 6T. And after running some basic benchmarking tests, it was clear that the OnePlus 6T is one of the best smartphones currently on the market, coming in third behind the Huawei Mate 20 Pro and the ROG Phone. For those curious or sceptical about the benchmark tests run by mainstream reviewers, I have included my own benchmark test results:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    So, what do all these numbers mean for users? Well, you can expect that the OnePlus 6T will handle anything, and everything, that you might want to throw at it. The OnePlus 6T’s performance is perhaps it’s strongest asset. OnePlus provided users with powerhouse devices before and they have done it again with the OnePlus 6T.

What remains the biggest difference though is the price users will pay to get a OnePlus 6T. Users can expect to pay quite a bit less, but this by no means suggests that users should expect a decrease in performance. The OnePlus 6T is a top notch performer—pun intended—and is one of the best value smartphones of 2018.

With such outstanding performance, the OnePlus 6T is the speed you need—unlock the speed.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018

6. ObnoxiousMeow The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Nov 1, 2018

Conclusion

If you are still on the fence about purchasing the OnePlus 6T, you likely aren’t alone. For some folks, the OnePlus 6T won't feel like a huge upgrade if they are already currently using the OnePlus 5T or OnePlus 6—especially considering the fact that any software updates will eventually be pushed to older OnePlus devices anyway.

[​IMG]

However, if you have a older device—say, from the OnePlus 5 or older—the upgrade might well be worth it for you. And if you are coming from any other phone manufacturer, you may also want to consider the OnePlus 6T as your next device, because like all OnePlus devices, users can bank on the fact that the OnePlus 6T will not only be fast out of the box, but age well and maintain that speed and performance down the line.

At the end of the day, the OnePlus 6T is in no way a bad phone. It’s actually fantastic. It is built well. It has good software. And the OnePlus 6T will have no battery issues, easily lasting through the average user's work day. It’s hard for anyone to deny this, but the OnePlus 6T is seriously just a great smartphone.

[​IMG]

But I can't help but feel like OnePlus could have done more without compromising so much. Although the OnePlus 6T comes with a larger battery, a spiffy new fingerprint scanner, and a reduced notch, this came at the loss of the useful notification LED and the already-endangered headphone jack.

It would have been truly impressive if OnePlus could have implemented those changes without settling on those losses. Further to this, I am sure fans would have welcomed the addition of stereo speakers, wireless charging, or even a better functioning secondary camera that could aid with telephoto or wide angle photographs. These features aren’t new, but critics and fans alike have been calling for their inclusion for years.

So knowing all of this, would I have still bought the OnePlus 6T? Probably not—but that’s because I still have a mighty fine OnePlus 5T, which is not only one of the pioneers of bezel-less screens, but still a fast and powerful smartphone in its own right. It still receives system updates and the camera still captures photos of my cats in their perfection every day. It also still has the headphone jack—and, for me, that will remain a dealbreaker in any new device I might consider in the future. If anything, OnePlus' ongoing support for their older devices is a testament to its longevity. In an industry built on planned obselescence, the OnePlus way is refreshing and admirable.

In spite of its shortfalls, I intend on keeping the OnePlus 6T as my daily driver. At the same time, I will still be towing my OnePlus 5T around as a dedicated gaming and music device. As it stands, the OnePlus 6T’s speedy performance and long-lasting battery life better suits my work-life needs. And it has earned its place in my EDC kit.

[​IMG]

Thank you to the OnePlus Team for this opportunity. It’s been a fun ride.

I hope y'all enjoyed reading my reviews as much as I did writing them. Thanks for reading, my friends.

Never Settle,

OM

7. JelleZon KitKat Nov 2, 2018

8. Drewbikscube The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Nov 2, 2018

Drewbikscube, Nov 2, 2018 :

Great read! Loved the photo of you pealing back the plastic on the front of the device! Epic!

9. Alvie The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Nov 2, 2018

Alvie, Nov 2, 2018 :
    Awesome review so far :) I really like this case too (on my OP6) but unfortunately the white 1+ logo is getting worn out

10. austee Eclair Nov 2, 2018

austee, Nov 2, 2018 :
    Meow!
    love the way you have taken the photos of the device and accessories. Was gonna ask you from which device but then you read my mind and aswered it .
    it was fun reading, looking forward for more. [e]1f60a[/e]

G_plusone and ObnoxiousMeow like this.
  11. ObnoxiousMeow The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Nov 2, 2018

ObnoxiousMeow, Nov 2, 2018 :
    Gotta love the sound of new phone plastics. ;)

G_plusone and Drewbikscube like this.
  12. K1541175791386 Cupcake Nov 2, 2018

K1541175791386, Nov 2, 2018 :
    Is it true that these cases are only included for Youtube Vloggers, and for regular customers like myself, all you get is the phone only with that transparent case.

G_plusone likes this.
  13. ObnoxiousMeow The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Nov 2, 2018

Thanks! I didn't initially intend on using my OnePlus 5T for the photos, but an unfortunate corruption of my camera's SD card didn't leave me with much choice. I'm glad the photos turned out the way they did.

buntycubal and G_plusone like this.
  14. ObnoxiousMeow The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Nov 2, 2018

That's correct. When you buy the OnePlus 6T, you'll get the transparent / smokey grey plastic case, screen protector, OnePlus Fast Charging brick, the charging cable, and a Type-C to 3.5 mm adapter. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the plastic case, though. I still use mine on my OnePlus 5T. And I know @Falk Thieme actually prefers the included case over the other cases offered by OnePlus.

15. obakesan Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 2, 2018

obakesan, Nov 2, 2018 :
    Yes. If you are lucky, and managed to attend the recent pop-up then you would have a chance to get some cases, and possibly headphones. However, your average customer won't get the collection that the Lab reviewers and all the you tube vloggers get.

G_plusone likes this.
  16. K1541175791386 Cupcake Nov 2, 2018

K1541175791386, Nov 2, 2018 :
    Do u vloggers automatically recieve these new phones from 1+? Because there is no way from their website, one can tell that i am a vlogger, so treat me differently.

G_plusone likes this.
  17. Pyrotequila Donut Nov 2, 2018

Pyrotequila, Nov 2, 2018 :
    Great review so far.
    Looking forward to hearing about how quickly and accurately the fingerprint unlocking works, that's my main concern after reading online that people thought it was slow.

That being said, I'd be upgrading from a OnePlus 3!

G_plusone and ObnoxiousMeow like this.
  18. ObnoxiousMeow The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Nov 2, 2018

That's a pending review. ;) But I trust that you won't have much issue with it since you're already using a fingerprint reader on the front of your phone. I came from the OnePlus 5T, which has the fingerprint sensor on the back. I'm still using that phone for music and my hands are literally so confused when I'm trying to unlock it . . .

buntycubal, G_plusone and Pyrotequila like this.
  19. austee Eclair Nov 3, 2018

austee, Nov 3, 2018 :
    Funny how you have clubbed all the social media apps as 'time wasters' [e]1f604[/e].
    Loving the wallpaper, mind telling me from you get these? and also have you used a separate launcher ? Because the G search design is different.

20. ObnoxiousMeow The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Nov 3, 2018

ObnoxiousMeow, Nov 3, 2018 :
    Lol, they totally are time wasters, though.

I got the background from an app called "Backdrops - Wallpaper."

I'm using Nova Launcher instead of the OnePlus Launcher, because it gives me more options for customizations.

austee likes this.