[The Lab²] Oclean X Pro Elite - Brush smarter (?) - A review by manuel19

1. manuel19
    The Lab² - Oclean X Pro Elite Reviewer Nov 19, 2021

manuel19 , Nov 19, 2021 :
    header_2_1.png

Hello and welcome to my The Lab² review!

About 13 months ago, I told you about my experiences with the OnePlus 8T.

This time, I won’t be talking about a phone, but something else instead. A toothbrush! A smart toothbrush to be accurate!

Whaaaaaaat? OnePlus has released a toothbrush??? :O

No, it’s not made by OnePlus. It’s from Oclean. And it’s the Oclean X Pro Elite. Kinda funny name, no? :D

Alright first of all, I’ve been using an electric toothbrush for several years now. It’s no fancy-schmancy smart toothbrush, just an as basic as can be electric toothbrush, with a rotating head, that costs around 20€ currently, from my quick google search. It looks like this:

Did I ever look for an upgrade? Well, definitely. See, the worst thing about this old toothbrush is it’s battery life and lack of battery indicator. You never know how much it’s charged, which is why I am charging it 24/7 (except while I am using it). Taking it with you on a longer trip so you can clean your teeth once before you arrive where you’re heading? Should be fine. Not sleeping at home that night, so you’d need it twice? Quite the gamble. Staying somewhere over the weekend? Absolutely no chance. You never know how much battery is left, which is why I took the charger everywhere, which is quite annoying to be honest. Regarding this, another let down was not having some kind of travel case to put it with you. The only thing I really liked about it was the fact it was able to use any of the Oral-B toothbrush heads, which have a really wide-spread product portfolio and you can find them almost everywhere here.

My girlfriend got a new electric toothbrush last year and it came with all the things I needed. Battery indicator. At least week-long battery life. A case for easier travelling. But the design wasn’t that compelling to me and as I figured it would also only brush my teeth, I came to the conclusion it was not worth an upgrade.

Now with The Lab², looking for reviewers for a smart toothbrush, I was interested to see how this would compare to what I was used to. How much of an upgrade there would be. If it’d be the same kind of “wow”-effect when I was using an electric toothbrush for the first time. If you haven't used an electric toothbrush yet, I think you should definitely try it. It’s incredible. You need so much less effort and your teeth will still be much cleaner. It really is a no-brainer to me.

But enough of the introduction already. You’re here for the product, no?

Unboxing

Exactly 1 week ahead of my birthday (I’d say that counts as an early birthday present, no?), it arrived. A quite damaged package saying ‘Oclean’ and the company's logo.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Fortunately, the box inside was just fine. And quite small.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Inside, there was another box. :O

[​IMG]

Opening that, you get your first look on the toothbrush on the left. On the right, there is a user manual and if you take that out, you see the wireless charger.

[​IMG]

Under the wireless charger, you’ll find the magnetic wall-mount.

[​IMG]

On the wireless charger, there’s some kind of rubber on top to hold the toothbrush in place, which you can easily remove.

[​IMG]

Speaking of which, according to Oclean, the wireless charger is also able to charge up your phone. Obviously only if your phone supports wireless charging. I personally don’t use wireless charging, except for my toothbrush, but that’s still pretty nice2have. But what’s even cooler is that you should be able to use any Qi charger to charge up the toothbrush as well! Means in theory, you should be able to charge up the toothbrush with your OnePlus 9 Series Device or OnePlus 8 Pro with reverse wireless charging (or whatever modern Android phone you’re using). So you only need to take your phone and phone charger with you, no extra charger needed, which I absolutely love! I’ll definitely test that and let you know how it went! ;)

While we’re speaking about charging already, Oclean claims that under regular usage, the toothbrush’s battery would last for about 35 days on a single charge. That sounds absolutely ridiculous to me and I can’t wait to try that out either. I will share my personal experiences about these with you in part 2 of the review, which should be coming next week.

But back to the unboxing.

And on to the most important thing, the Oclean X Pro Elite.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

First impressions? Looks really clean! (No pun intended)

The toothbrush’s color is the Pantone color of the year 2021: Ultimate Grey, and comes with a “frosted ash” finish. It looks and feels very nice and premium in hand. Also very natural looking, which is great for a toothbrush that only sits (or hangs) in its place most of the day.

The bristles are very shiny and do also look very good.

Before anything else, I set up the wall mount. Does indeed look fantastic, doesn’t it?

[​IMG]

Now, on to setting up the toothbrush and using it, so I can share my experiences with you next week. Hope you enjoyed the unboxing, keep your teeth healthy and see you soon! ;)

2. pinkhelmet
    Froyo Nov 23, 2021

pinkhelmet , via OnePlus Nord 2 , Nov 23, 2021 :
    I was always intrigued about how an electric toothbrush would feel to someone who's never used it before. Would it really perform like a regular toothbrush would? If you press the brush a little to your teeth, would the motor be able to maintain the spin?(assuming it spins).

Will wait for deep review and explanations.

3. Oclean
    The Lab² partner brand Nov 23, 2021

Oclean , Nov 23, 2021 :
    Hi Manuel. Thank you so much for sharing your user experience, it is a lens for us to get closer to the users.

Yes, as you realized, with the battery indicator and long battery life(you can also get a travel case on our official site), Oclean is super user-friendly and convenient to use compares to an electric toothbrush that doesn't include a screen(most of the traditional e-toothbrush).

As an oral care company, Oclean values innovation and user experience a lot, that's what you can see in our product.

In all, thank you for your unboxing and we are looking for an in-depth review later!

4. S1599112582517
    Honeycomb Nov 23, 2021

manuel19 and G_plusone like this.
  5. Harshit R.
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Buds Pro Nov 23, 2021

Harshit R. , via OnePlus Nord 2 , Nov 23, 2021 :
    Wow!
    You created the suspense like TV shows😂

Is Oclean X Pro Elite solves all the problems with Electric toothbrush or not?
    What happened with Oclean X Pro Elite? To find out wait for my 2nd part of this review next week.

I really loved your reviewing style.

6. Liehjan
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Buds Pro Community Expert Nov 23, 2021

7. haildarkseid
    Gingerbread Nov 23, 2021

8. Navdeep_Malik
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus TV U1S Nov 23, 2021

Navdeep_Malik , Nov 23, 2021 :
    The name certainly is fancy! Well most thing with X Pro Elite in their name has to be, my guess 🙃
    Enjoying the review very much! 🙂

9. G_plusone
    Nougat Nov 23, 2021

10. manuel19
    The Lab² - Oclean X Pro Elite Reviewer Nov 23, 2021

manuel19 , via OnePlus 9 , Nov 23, 2021 :
    It's quite differen I would say. But in a good way! Much easier. You don't need to move your hand that much, only move the brush's head along your teeth and they will get much cleaner than by hand. And a little pressure won't stop an electric toothbrush from working. You need quite a lot of pressure to make that happen 😄

pinkhelmet and Navdeep_Malik like this.
  11. manuel19

Thank you for the kind words and I will definitely be looking for that travel case! :)

WakeAwake likes this.
  12. manuel19

13. manuel19

Thank you all! :) :) :)

14. Ondrewdry
    Eclair Nov 23, 2021

manuel19 likes this.
  15. selvamthenarasu8
    Honeycomb Nov 23, 2021

manuel19 likes this.
  16. Leah L.
    Community Intern Staff Member Nov 24, 2021

17. Sravanmj
    Froyo Nov 24, 2021

manuel19 likes this.
  18. Sravankumarjangam
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Nord 2 Nov 24, 2021

manuel19 likes this.
  19. McJader
    Marshmallow Nov 24, 2021

McJader , Nov 24, 2021 :
    Ah yes, if something is made easier, it's made for the lazy.

20. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Nov 24, 2021

Tokolozi , Nov 24, 2021 :
    All technology is for lazy people. Back In the day everything needed hard work and skill to be done properly.... you employed your dentist regularly to pull teeth and fill holes. Nowadays the youth only cares about pretty smiles and mouthwashes....