The Lab: Official Q&A thread

1. Nicole Q.
    Brand Person Jun 1, 2016

Nicole Q. , Jun 1, 2016 :
    Hi there,

It has been 48 hours since the Lab opened. We've received almost 12,000 applications from people from everywhere.

Despite being busy with reviewing those applications, we are also extremely excited of you joining us.

We did not say too much about how the selection and review process would work, but I'd like to open up the Q&A thread to answer your questions regarding (and only regarding) the Lab, and the review, as many as possible.

I hope this Q&A will guide each of the participants, future candidates and the final reviewers going through each stage smoothly. This is the time, for you to be heard, by the community.

"Your feedback and participation help guide everything we do, and it’s time to take that collaboration to the next level. Here in the Lab, we’ll be working directly with the community - to make things better."

Yours,

Nicole

--------------------
    Edit with some questions and respective answers:

When will you ship the review samples?

We will make sure reviewers getting the phone as soon as possible after launch. Hopefully within few hours :)

If selected, how long will we have the device for before handing in the review?

Approximately 5 days.

Which are the main selection criteria for choosing the 30 lucky reviewers? :)

We didn't develop any criteria, the candidates will speak for themselves. And we will let the community to choose whoever has the skill set to deliver the most useful and constructive reviews.

Does the application time affect the chances of being picked?

Submission time will diffidently not affect the chance of getting picked.

How does the review have to be handed in, video form or typed up with photos etc. Video would obliviously be the best but is it up to the reviewer?

There will be little pieces of tasks for you to work on, which perhaps involve taking pictures, or videos, or just writing. The reviewers can choose whatever format they are comfortable with.

If selected, what kind of feedback is OnePlus looking for in the review? Should we focus on the software or hardware? Are you guys looking for feedback to help enhance future software builds and updates or are you looking for feedback to help get ideas on where to go with the next flagship killer? If selected, I just want to make sure that I give the most comprehensive review possible and provide the community along with the OnePlus team, the feedback they are looking for. Thanks in advance!

Comprehensive is a good direction. We are not looking for anything in particular, but reviewing the product itself as a whole.

We simply want to have the most constructive opinions. And those opinions will be shown to people who want to find out more about OnePlus 3.

What are the determining factors in how someone is picked?

We will be looking at your writing skills through the 500 words 'essay', the reasons you illustrated, and the past review (or similar work) that you've done through the URL references. But none of these are fixed determination factors; as long as you don't copy paste random recurring sentences in the essay... LOL

Are you looking for already famous reviewer/channels or are you looking for the average people/fan review? I hope you keep in mind that multi language spoken reviewer could be better than only English speakers.. I'd like people who will receive this mission will do an AMA on redditi too! :)

Well, I am sure the famous reviewers will surely get a chance to review the phone one way or another. We welcome everyone to share their feedback openly. Even if a person, who have never heard of OnePlus or used an OnePlus phone before, is welcome to participate.

nisarg96, PadawOne, aris and 64 others like this.
  2. jtalexandre
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 1, 2016

aris, Gaurav Kanted and jahowyuduin like this.
  3. Nicole Q.
    Brand Person Jun 1, 2016

Nicole Q. , Jun 1, 2016 :
    24 hours from the application closes, which will be next Monday, 10pm, HKT.

aris, jlasensiofi, gaster and 8 others like this.
  4. Chris Piacentini
    Froyo Jun 1, 2016

aris and XAgentX like this.
  5. Vector
    Jelly Bean Jun 1, 2016

Vector , Jun 1, 2016 :
    How will the company grow utilizing peer feedback in the future?

aris and ShaneH2735 like this.
  6. ShaneH2735
    Jelly Bean Jun 1, 2016

ShaneH2735 , Jun 1, 2016 :
    How does the review have to be handed in, video form or typed up with photos etc. Video would obliviously be the best but is it up to the reviewer?

aris likes this.
  7. youbi
    Marshmallow Assistant Head Moderator Jun 1, 2016

youbi , Jun 1, 2016 :
    Great Idea @Nicole Q. , This is a great way to keep everyone well informed. :)

I have one question, which are the main selection criteria for choosing the 30 lucky reviewers? :)

8. luxuskamel
    Lollipop Jun 1, 2016

luxuskamel , Jun 1, 2016 :
    Great! :)
    Are there better chances to people who are already reviewing and who have a big community? :confused:

9. Kai Bastian
    Cupcake Jun 1, 2016

10. IvanMuse

IvanMuse , Jun 1, 2016 :
    When will you ship the review samples?
    And for how long will we be able to test it?

Why would it?

11. groy22799
    Cupcake Jun 1, 2016

groy22799 , Jun 1, 2016 :
    If selected, what kind of feedback is OnePlus looking for in the review? Should we focus on the software or hardware? Are you guys looking for feedback to help enhance future software builds and updates or are you looking for feedback to help get ideas on where to go with the next flagship killer? If selected, I just want to make sure that I give the most comprehensive review possible and provide the community along with the OnePlus team, the feedback they are looking for. Thanks in advance!

AzarKasXD likes this.
  12. Wahoux
    Lollipop Jun 1, 2016

pa5t1s likes this.
  13. dcmcc24
    KitKat Jun 1, 2016

Last edited: Jun 1, 2016

14. marinobiagio
    KitKat Jun 1, 2016

marinobiagio , Jun 1, 2016 :
    @Nicole Q. Are you looking for already famous reviewer/channels or are you looking for the average people/fan review? I hope you keep in mind that multi language spoken reviewer could be better than only English speakers.. I'd like people who will receive this mission will do an AMA on redditi too! :)

15. Helbro

Helbro , Jun 1, 2016 :
    Successfully applied yeah! I hope I will get one and of so, I will make a huge long to long to read review haha!! :D

16. Tobikage
    Nougat Jun 1, 2016

Tobikage , Jun 1, 2016 :
    Write ups ? Video review ? What kind of reviews are you exactly looking for ?

meatandy likes this.
  17. Jaimolas
    Cupcake Jun 1, 2016

18. Neil_G_D
    Gingerbread Jun 1, 2016

meatandy likes this.
  19. judhajitmisra

20. muchui
    Eclair Jun 1, 2016

muchui , Jun 1, 2016 :
    How will the selection and review process work? I did not get a chance to apply for the LAB but am highly interested. :)