The Lab: Official Q&A thread

1. AzarKasXD
    Gingerbread Jun 6, 2016

2. locxFIN
    KitKat Jun 6, 2016

locxFIN , Jun 6, 2016 :
    Can't see mine either. I guess we'll find out in 20 mins!

AzarKasXD likes this.
  3. AzarKasXD
    Gingerbread Jun 6, 2016

AzarKasXD , Jun 6, 2016 :
    Ah, I am sooo nervous : |

4. sarat
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 6, 2016

5. elvaldo03
    Cupcake Jun 6, 2016

6. tk1278
    Froyo Jun 6, 2016

tk1278 , Jun 6, 2016 :
    damn not selected most of the people selected are professionally in tech field

elvaldo03 likes this.
  7. AzarKasXD
    Gingerbread Jun 6, 2016

AzarKasXD , Jun 6, 2016 :
    Worst week ever...first lost a math contest, got bad marks in school and now I am not even op3 tester...

8. GAMIE64
    Froyo Jun 6, 2016

GAMIE64 , Jun 6, 2016 :
    Yeah. So for for "customer reviews" and Normal people reviewing a product.

AzarKasXD likes this.
  9. elvaldo03
    Cupcake Jun 6, 2016

elvaldo03 , Jun 6, 2016 :
    That is not good, because OnePlus said that they want customer reviews. These ppl will probably lick OP butts and post only how good it is. They had to pick ordinary people, not proffesional reviewers.

AzarKasXD likes this.
  10. jtalexandre

jtalexandre , Jun 6, 2016 :
    Well, I did not mention what I do for a living in my essay. Maybe that is the reason why I wasn't selected. I guess we'll never know. Now lets see those reviews coming! :)

11. Baw2607
    Froyo Jun 6, 2016

Baw2607 , Jun 6, 2016 :
    I like how literally everyone selected works in tech, also there's literally no one under 20?? How does OnePlus expect to get balanced reviews with no one young reviewing the product? They can't.

So much for "normal people's" reviews OnePlus. The people you picked are as far from normal as it gets.

Joshua_B and pirata_1985 like this.
  12. marinobiagio
    KitKat Jun 6, 2016

pirata_1985 likes this.
  13. pirata_1985
    Nougat Jun 6, 2016

14. Joshua_B

Joshua_B , Jun 6, 2016 :
    Half of my "essay" ,to say, was proving how I (a 14 year old) could help Oneplus benefit in reviews

Baw2607 likes this.
  15. TPXP
    Cupcake Jun 6, 2016

TPXP , Jun 6, 2016 :
    Not so fast, we have a 16 years-old champion : https://oneplus.net/fr/lab/candidates/candidate?user=3db228c5ea287bd339b2501346e8ce746aec1daf Go vote for him !

By the way, this way of presenting the candidates is the worst I have ever seen, because the majority will obviously not scroll down every candidate and give everyone a chance, but rather have a look at the first 5 of the page, if not less, and vote for them. So in short, the firsts will stay firsts, and the lasts will remain lasts. Random order would have at least given the illusion of a pseudo-objective contest.

Anyway, I hate these kind of community pseudo-social selection, it's just about getting as much friends as you can to vote for you. This is a social contest, not an objective one.

My 2 cents.

Baw2607 and danimalroar like this.
  16. Biotonic
    Donut Jun 6, 2016

Biotonic , Jun 6, 2016 :
    Hm ... it's a colorful mix :)
    • 14x United States (gosh ... easy for them! Well - let's write in another language again please, maybe an easy one - German, haha :p )
      (I know why it had to be English ;))
    • 8x United Kingdom
    • 6x India
    • 4x Canada
    • 3x Spain
    • 2x Germany (where one didn't even choose Germany)
    • 2x Andorra (the 3rd one - see: Germany)
    • 2x Portugal
    • 2x France
    • 2x Ireland
    • 2x Netherlands
    • 1x Turkey
    • 1x Hong Kong SAR China
    • 1x Iceland
    • 1x Mexico
    • 1x Malta
    • 1x Nepal
    • 1x Belgium
    • 1x Finland
    • 1x Hungary
    • 1x Denmark
    • 1x Greece
    • 1x Indonesia
    • 1x Italy

17. danimalroar
    Gingerbread Jun 6, 2016

danimalroar , Jun 6, 2016 :
    I absolutely agree with you that this method makes it a popularity contest rather than one based on merits. I find it unfortunate. It is a great way for OP to drive awareness though. These candidates will be blasting this on their networks asking for votes which will mostly be outside the OP user base.Terrible way to have objective reviews, great way to bring in new potential customers.

I also expect to see an overflow of cupcakes.....

18. kymthasneem
    Froyo Jun 6, 2016

19. Nellydk
    Froyo Jun 6, 2016

Nellydk , Jun 6, 2016 :
    I'm on the list, and I don't work in techs. Yes, I have a master in ICT-based educational design, and that gives me some 'eyes' to look at and judge digital designs from a user perspective. But that's as tech as I get :)
    A review from me will focus on the experience you have as a user: How's the feel, is it easy to set up, easy to navigate, what features do a normal person need, does it work and so on.

And I would looove to know if there's are things, you would like to know about the OP3. If I get selected, I will try to check it out. Just remember, I'm not a tech person, så I can't speak about specs. I can speak about experiences :)

P.S. Not under 20 though, but at least under 30! :p

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016

20. kymthasneem
    Froyo Jun 6, 2016