The Lab: Official Q&A thread

1. AzarKasXD
    Gingerbread Jun 6, 2016

AzarKasXD , Jun 6, 2016 :
    Well, congratulations...would habe liked me to be there but...yeah, wish you fun:)

2. Nellydk
    Froyo Jun 6, 2016

Nellydk , Jun 6, 2016 :
    Thank you! :D

Right now it's making me a bit stressed out. I have never been on a vote-competition, and I have never liked them. And this one isn't well-constructed. Who's gonna read 60 applications with a 500+ word count? Not many. I wished we had the chance to make a short one for the voting part, so it's easy to get an idea of the different people and their skills and backgrounds.

I'm thinking of changing my first section of the application to be more suited for a quick look through. But it feels a bit wrong to go and change things now.

AzarKasXD likes this.
  3. AzarKasXD
    Gingerbread Jun 6, 2016

Well, I will vote for you;) yep, the thing is not properly organized... Problem is, the ones from down will never be voted because nobody scrolls done:(

eye842 likes this.
  4. Nellydk
    Froyo Jun 6, 2016

Nellydk , Jun 6, 2016 :
    Thank you :D
    It's a shame. It should be set to random - with smaller windows, maybe in a grid, so you can get an easy overview. And with a small top10 in the sidebar or something like that, but only with the names, so you have to click to their application for voting (or find them in the random page, with everyone else :) )

eye842 and AzarKasXD like this.
  5. Dattack
    Honeycomb Jun 6, 2016

Dattack , Jun 6, 2016 :
    I can't believe I made it to the list haha. I am super hyped and hope I will stay in the top 30. Thanks to those that voted for me! You people rock. :)

It's going to be a long week for me haha!

6. Mahesh Kool
    Froyo Jun 6, 2016

7. AzarKasXD
    Gingerbread Jun 6, 2016

And my life is ruined...:p

Dattack likes this.
  8. AzarKasXD
    Gingerbread Jun 6, 2016

Yes, you are totally right. Are you hyped? You know it is a super great phone^^

9. niijonodhg
    Honeycomb Jun 6, 2016

meatandy and Dattack like this.
  10. Shuller
    Jelly Bean Jun 6, 2016

Shuller , Jun 6, 2016 :
    Doesn't the time pass?? are winners announced?

meatandy likes this.
  11. TakeMyMoney
    KitKat Jun 6, 2016

TakeMyMoney , Jun 6, 2016 :
    Haha. I knew I wasn't the only one. Ain't nobody got time for a 500 word essay.

meatandy likes this.
  12. Shuller
    Jelly Bean Jun 6, 2016

Shuller , Jun 6, 2016 :
    I wrote right when I came from work... after 1 hour in a train and hungry as a Lion :D
    I typed, typed, typed... t y p e d... Hit enter... Not enough Words... Bwah... I copied 1 of my post I was writing for BlackBerry phones... Hit ENTER... Not Enough Words... I said W H A T? ok... and I Typed "Sample text to fill 500 words" I copied it and pasted and pasted and pasted... and Hit ok :D

I was reading some stories... I won't say mine was W O W... however with experience in writing about phone I am not even in the list of the guys who might win...

That's all because of ...f...f... sample text :D
    Cheers, :D

TakeMyMoney likes this.
  13. amorde
    Cupcake Jun 6, 2016

14. anoobav
    Eclair Jun 6, 2016

anoobav , Jun 6, 2016 :
    :D :D :D :D
    Pretty excited for the tasks, hope to get selected. :)
    All the best to all.
    *FINGER CROSSED*

15. TakeMyMoney
    KitKat Jun 6, 2016

TakeMyMoney , Jun 6, 2016 :
    LMAO.

500 is just too much. I copy/pasted right from the start and even I was surprised I didn't hit 500 words already a couple of times.

My application was:

Dear reader,

I want to review the OnePlus 3 really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really bad!

Thanks in advance, and have a great day.

Shuller likes this.
  16. Nellydk
    Froyo Jun 6, 2016

Nellydk , Jun 6, 2016 :
    No, not that hyped :) It might be a super great phone - we will see.. I just hope I get the opportunity to try it out myself and explore it as a new adventure ;)

AzarKasXD likes this.
  17. Shuller
    Jelly Bean Jun 6, 2016

Shuller , Jun 6, 2016 :
    lol... I would vote for such an essay))

TakeMyMoney likes this.
  18. AzarKasXD
    Gingerbread Jun 6, 2016

Ok...I am hyped. Or would have been if I had been succesful:( but yes, adventures are always great

19. Nellydk
    Froyo Jun 6, 2016

Nellydk , Jun 6, 2016 :
    You can be hyped on my behalf then? :D Always good to have the hyped companion around ;)

AzarKasXD likes this.
  20. Karthik Raghavan
    Honeycomb Jun 6, 2016

Karthik Raghavan , Jun 6, 2016 :
    Hmm, the voting began just a few hours ago, and I notice lots of people complaining about how this is such a bad system. I completely agree with all of them! So, as my first act as a 'finalist peer reviewer' and 'OnePlus Lab Candidate', let me campaign for change. Citizens of OnePlus land, please vote for me at https://oneplus.net/lab/candidates/candidate?user=5610f8191aeaac89804fa17ea7a52af9db286d03 so I may be the voice of reason and sanity and make sure that the Lab never engages in voting based mechanisms ever again ... Like seriously, a vote for Karthik is a vote against voting!

*contemplates job in politics*

:p :p :p