The Lab: Official Q&A thread

1. Dr. Indest
    Lollipop Jun 6, 2016

Dr. Indest , Jun 6, 2016 :
    I have only heard of 1, out of 60, on the reviewer list. As such, @meatandy you will be the only one getting my vote. You are the only active member that I recognize. Good luck pal :).

Tobikage, ButterFlYnez and meatandy like this.
  2. meatandy
    Oreo Jun 6, 2016

meatandy , Jun 6, 2016 :
    Thanks Doc..
    I only wish everyone could have made it to the next round.

Best of luck to the other 59.

Dr. Indest likes this.
  3. Dr. Indest
    Lollipop Jun 6, 2016

Dr. Indest , Jun 6, 2016 :
    I just wish to have seen more known members. I knew my shots were slimmed. However, I doubt that these (excluding yours) are the best applications they had with 10,000 submissions. Nevertheless, glad to see you on the list :).

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016

meatandy likes this.
  4. Karthik Raghavan
    Honeycomb Jun 6, 2016

Karthik Raghavan , Jun 6, 2016 :
    You do realize you can easily verify this by actually reading what these unknown names have written, right? Either you find that some of these chosen 59 (excluding Andy) did actually deserve to get picked, or you will confirm your suspicion that the finalists were picked at random.

This approach, incidentally, has the added benefit of serving the intended purpose: to read the essays that were written and actually participate in the process.

And nope, I probably would not read 60 essays of minimum 500 words when there was nothing in it for me either ... Vote for me if you would like me to take this up at our next "Secret Meeting" ;)

meatandy and chaitanyaa007 like this.
  5. Deanied
    Cupcake Jun 6, 2016

Deanied , Jun 6, 2016 :
    Wow, what a surprise...
    Not one Australian chosen in the top 30!
    Just like how they don't ship to us!

6. dcmcc24
    KitKat Jun 7, 2016

dcmcc24 , Jun 7, 2016 :
    Well I guess they thought my entry wasn't good enough. Too bad, I was going to do a written review, youtube video review, and an AMA on the forum. Guess those people that aren't even part of the community will get to review it though.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016

meatandy likes this.
  7. berlingozzo
    Froyo Jun 7, 2016

meatandy likes this.
  8. SESHER
    Gingerbread Jun 7, 2016

9. chaitanyaa007
    Gingerbread Jun 7, 2016

chaitanyaa007 , Jun 7, 2016 :
    Super excited and hyped to get selected.Im one of those people who haven't been present on the forums but got selected. I appreciate the displeasure of members who believe that people who are part of the community should be given preference but as pointed out earlier, it is of utmost importance that the reviewers cater to all use cases and not just ardent fans of the company. Also, we should also get a chance to start being part of the community at some point of time and I think this is it for me. Please go through my article. You might find something that makes you think that I deserve to give a hand in the peer review. Thanks in advance. https://oneplus.net/in/lab/candidates/candidate?user=bfaa33ed277a8ac850a108d270cf8fb012cff918

eye842 likes this.
  10. DarkExistence
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 7, 2016

11. eye842
    Lollipop Jun 7, 2016

12. eye842
    Lollipop Jun 7, 2016

eye842 , Jun 7, 2016 :
    Good to see you on the forum.

13. chaitanyaa007
    Gingerbread Jun 7, 2016

14. HassanQz
    Gingerbread Jun 7, 2016

HassanQz , Jun 7, 2016 :
    you know, I tried searching for some users to see their posts on the forum......but I cant find them !
    either they have never wrote a post (which should not be true since they have trophies) or they are :rolleyes:

15. Baw2607
    Froyo Jun 7, 2016

Baw2607 , Jun 7, 2016 :
    Voted

16. AbuHuzaifah
    Gingerbread Jun 7, 2016

17. iPusak Gaoq™
    Jelly Bean Jun 7, 2016

iPusak Gaoq™ , Jun 7, 2016 :
    Hmmm....so having to make an essay in 500+ words people have to vote/share if they want to be chosen to be a reviewers now?
    when i look at the candidates list, i feel a bit disappoint as too many candidates selected from the same country....wouldn't it be much more nicer if those candidates comes from different country (or at least 2 from the same country in the 60 candidates) before narrow it down to 30? one reviewers for each country is the best way to get a good reviews especially regarding network performance and etc...

18. niijonodhg
    Honeycomb Jun 7, 2016

19. eye842
    Lollipop Jun 7, 2016

eye842 , Jun 7, 2016 :
    I have voted for two and both seems to stay so I can vote for more than one.

meatandy likes this.
  20. Nellydk
    Froyo Jun 8, 2016

Nellydk , Jun 8, 2016 :
    I have voted for more than one too... Of course I voted for myself, but there where also a couple of others I thought should have the chance and I didn't mind 'losing' to :)

eye842 and meatandy like this.