The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro edition: AMA

1. AnonymousWP The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Jun 17, 2019

AnonymousWP, Jun 17, 2019 :
    It's probably coming with OxygenOS 10 though. By the way, it can be enabled via a trick someone from the Oxygen Updater team found out.

Mr West likes this.
  2. KeepTransisting The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Jun 17, 2019

KeepTransisting, Jun 17, 2019 :
    It technically is water resistant. However, the company did not pay to have it IP certified.

Remember, though, even if a phone is IP certified (like Samsung's for example), if you do get water damage, it will not be covered under warranty.

Either way, do yourself a favor and keep your phone away from water.

Mr West likes this.
  3. Mr West The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Jun 17, 2019

Mr West, Jun 17, 2019 :
    Hey fella!

It is automatically set and will do the animation as long as you have it set like this. The animation is very quick though and only cycles the screen once - it's a bit blink and you'll miss it!

Screenshot_20190617-151004.jpg

buntycubal and avi.seth123 like this.
  4. avi.seth123 The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Jun 17, 2019

avi.seth123, Jun 17, 2019 :
    It is. It is just not certified.

Mr West likes this.
  5. AnonymousWP The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Jun 17, 2019

It actually kind of is. It doesn't survive a 30 minute long drop in 1.5 meters of water though, but when does that happen? It can definitely survive heavy rain and a shower though.

6. Mr West The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Jun 17, 2019

Mr West, Jun 17, 2019 :
    I've been out in the rain with my handset a number of times and also accidentally spilled a small bottle of water over it at work. Still works perfectly.

Have you seen Jerry Rig's video teardown? There's actual rubber water seals on the Sim slot, speakers and USB C port etc so there's definitely some water ingress protection

Hope this helps

Have a great day

Dave

7. Mr West The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Jun 17, 2019

Mr West, Jun 17, 2019 :
    True this!

I had a Samsung Galaxy S8 which completely failed after being out in light rain. Had the 'moisture detected in USB PORT' message and it never went away.

Samsung checked it over and were baffled - they have me a replacement but it goes to prove that ratings are a cautionary measure and not a guarantee of protection against liquid

8. eb.shoaib Donut Jun 17, 2019

eb.shoaib, Jun 17, 2019 :
    You didn't get my pint, probably. I meant, the Auto Brightness Lowers itself down while U r already viewing the screen at High Brightness under normal bright light condition, leading to very unpleasant experience of viewing the screen content. Eventually, one has to set reset the Auto Brightness button to let it work in normalcy again.
    But there has to be a fix to it. It has happened many times till now.

9. dnagpaldg The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Jun 17, 2019

dnagpaldg, Jun 17, 2019 :
    Let the developers know using the Feedback tool.

Mr West likes this.
  10. T_A_H_R_YT The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Jun 17, 2019

T_A_H_R_YT, Jun 17, 2019 :
    From what I have heard they may be working on an always on display feature. Not 100% confirmed though

11. TechnoMinute The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Jun 17, 2019

TechnoMinute, Jun 17, 2019 :
    Personally I loved every part of the process. I really appreciated how OnePlus wanted an outside perspective apart from the typical YouTube Content Creators. I think it's a win-win for both OnePlus and the Lab Reviewers, as the reviewers got a great device to use and provide feedback on, and OnePlus gets good marketing and great feedback. I do think these can exist on a non-biased review, as I was critical of somethings in my review (https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...review-by-technominute.1035803/#post-20369900), which is valuable to OnePlus. Honest feedback helps them create a better device.

buntycubal and Cheetosdust like this.
  12. G_divyansh_balhara_mHdu Cupcake Jun 17, 2019

13. dnagpaldg The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Jun 17, 2019

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019

AnonymousWP likes this.
  14. AnonymousWP The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Jun 17, 2019

Hi, welcome. What's the question you wanted to ask us a loooong time ago already?

15. BeingIncog Marshmallow Jun 17, 2019

16. bpwest80 KitKat Jun 17, 2019

bpwest80, Jun 17, 2019 :
    Why no Always on Display? I get that it uses more battery but some of us don't care about that. Coming from Google and Samsung devices that's the one thing I miss. Each of those phones had the option to use it or not to use it. Why can't OnePlus give users the option to use the AOD? Those that don't want the hit to battery life could leave it unchecked. This feature has been asked for over and over again. Where is it? Also, still no dark mode for the community app. Bummer all this white.

17. shashank_s Gingerbread Jun 17, 2019

shashank_s, Jun 17, 2019 :
    camera performance is not up to mark...not good...even not a flagship camera... artificial photos and low light is poor...highly dissapointed.

yashonagori likes this.
  18. KeepTransisting The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Jun 17, 2019

KeepTransisting, Jun 17, 2019 :
    I guess because they view the cons of AOD outweight the pros. Personally, I agree with them. It's nothing but a battery drain. I rather like the lift up display.

I have to disagree. I've gotten some amazing shots out of this camera. Is there room for improvement? Absolutely. But it's far from bad

AnonymousWP likes this.
  19. bpwest80 KitKat Jun 17, 2019

bpwest80, Jun 17, 2019 :
    It's not a battery drain at all if you choose not to use it. It's not something forced on everyone. You can either choose to use it or leave it off. Battery life has nothing to do with it. That's an excuse.

20. Mr West The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Jun 17, 2019

Mr West, Jun 17, 2019 :
    The Warp Cable is only USB 2.0 for file transfer, but in all fairness I've not yet used any phone which can transfer data quickly over USB

For reference, a 3GB file takes around 90 seconds on my PC.

Different story for device to device wireless transfer using File Dash though!

Hope this helps

Have a great day!

Dave