[The Lab] OnePlus 7 Pro - matthu.2711 Review

1. shadab147
    Gingerbread Jun 6, 2019

CosmicPaladin likes this.
  2. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Jun 6, 2019

theshinybeast , Jun 6, 2019 :
    Have you got an OPPO Reno? If not, why are you mentioning in a OP 7 Pro review?

3. Uttam Jadhav
    Cupcake Jun 6, 2019

4. ThaiR
    Cupcake Jun 6, 2019

ThaiR , Jun 6, 2019 :
    dear users, I'm an owner of a oneplus 7pro since last sunday and I'm having the first issues. Sometimes unlocking with the fingerprint does not work properly also with face recognition.

Do you have the same problems or something like that?

On the other hand, this new model is really fast and I'm really happy with it. It's the second Oneplus device that I buy.
    Thanks and continue improving the software regularly

5. matthu.2711
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Jun 6, 2019

matthu.2711 , Jun 6, 2019 :
    Sorry to hear about that! Here's a few things you can try:
    1. Remove and re-add all fingerprints. I have heard reports that if you do this is a dark environment you will get better results, but don't hold me to that
    2. Clear cache from recovery. Turn device off > Hold power and volume up key > English > Wipe Data > Wipe cache
    3. Remove and ready face data in a well-lit room

Hope these steps help

6. Helder_DAlmeida
    Honeycomb Jun 6, 2019

7. matthu.2711

Glad you enjoyed

Helder_DAlmeida likes this.
  8. Sohamp0503
    Cupcake Jun 6, 2019

Sohamp0503 , Jun 6, 2019 :
    man this is an indepth review nice job tho you covered almost every aspect of the Oneplus 7 pro

9. matthu.2711

Thanks, I'm nearly done so if there's anything I've left out that you are interested in please let me know

Sohamp0503 likes this.
  10. MR.BEN312
    Honeycomb Jun 6, 2019

matthu.2711 likes this.
  11. ast9011
    Cupcake Jun 7, 2019

12. matthu.2711
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Jun 7, 2019

matthu.2711 , Jun 7, 2019 :
    Yes, it's under the utilities heading in settings

ast9011 likes this.
  13. bkishorec
    Donut Jun 7, 2019

14. bkishorec
    Donut Jun 7, 2019

MR.BEN312 likes this.
  15. matthu.2711
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Jun 7, 2019

matthu.2711 , Jun 7, 2019 :
    Press and hold the viewfinder in the camera app

16. matthu.2711
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Jun 8, 2019

Stickied Post
    matthu.2711 , Jun 8, 2019 :
    #6 Final Thoughts

Well, all good things must come to an end. This marks my final installment of my Lab Review. I would like to thank OnePlus for this opportunity. Thanks to @Trista W. and the rest of the team for their help and guidance. Big shoutout to my fellow Lab Reviewer's too.

I thought a good way to end would be with a recap of my favourite parts of this device, and why I think that the OnePlus 7 Pro is one of the best Android devices available on the market.

I have had this device for just over 3 weeks now, and it's been a pleasure to use. It has taken every task I've thrown at it head on, whether that be photo editing, media consumers or gaming. This phone is certainly a jack-of-all-trades.

Here's a recap of the 5 Best, and 5 Worst features of the OnePlus 7 Pro:

-Good
    The Display
    The OnePlus 7 Pro has made a name for itself with it's top of the range display. It displays every minute detail in a full range of colours and sharpness. It's the perfect device for Netflix binging thanks to the gorgeous colour range and full size screen.

The Fingerprint Sensor
    OnePlus' screen unlock is the fastest in the game. It's my main method of unlocking as it is simply the quickest.

The Camera
    The OnePlus 7 Pro camera started off on a rocky start with some negative press, but after the latest update it's can't be denied that the camera setup on this device is honestly incredible. If you were to have seen the end products without any context of the phone you'd assume they were shot by a professional DSLR

The Speakers
    The Dolby Surroud Sound speakers took a while to get used to, but now I'm fully in love. They provide a really immersive experience that I don't know how I have coped for so long without. My only issue with the speaker would be that, even at the lowest level it can still be too loud for some situations

The Speed
    OnePlus is notorious for the their fast and reliable flagships and it is no different this time around. The OnePlus 7 Pro is smooth and snappy, and can handle any task thrown it's way. With 8 GB of RAM this device is a beast.

(Added Bonus)
    . Warp Charge
    Incredible. Fast. Amazing. I'll leave it there!

-Bad
    1. No Headphone Jack
    This is my first device without the headphone jack and I really do miss it. I can no longer charge and listen to music. It also restricts me to using specific headphones that I have to keep with me at all times. I can no longer connect my phone to the car's AUX which is rather inconvenient, although my friends and family may disagree with me on that one.

2. The Pop-Up Camera
    I know it is one of the main selling points of this device, but I see it as more of a gimmick than a revolution. I'll admit that it is a better choice than a notch, but I'm still looking forward to the day when we can have cameras under the screen. I am wary of how much I use the pop up camera as I want to avoid unnecessary strain. The motor is by no means loud, but it isn't silent either. This can be annoying in quiet situations when I want to send a Snapchat in the middle of class, or at night in a quiet room. It's just something I have to sacrifice for that gorgeous display!

3. The Battery
    Now, battery life will change for everyone, and I'll admit that this could just be me being super picky, but I've only been able to get 4 hours SOT consistently. It's been a real issue that I've tried to solve but at this point I have just gotten used to it. I see others getting around 6-7 hours SOT and I am very jealous, but not all things can be perfect!

4. + 5.

I'm sitting here writing this review, and I honestly cannot think of any more issues. Using this phone has been a real joy and there is very few things wrong with this device.

Well, this marks the end. I'll hang up my hat and move on into my retirement. I hope that I will get another opportunity to show the OnePlus Community my appreciation for all their hard work and dedication.

I hope you have enjoyed my review, and thank you to those who offered their feedback and praise.

I encourage everyone to get involved in the Community. It is an amazing place to meet new people, get your voice heard and offer your knowledge to others. It's offers some amazing opportunities and it is one of the reasons I love OnePlus so much.

[​IMG]

TibiTibi, Trista W., nateavi and 4 others like this.
  17. nateavi
    Gingerbread Jun 8, 2019

18. matthu.2711
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Jun 8, 2019

19. nateavi
    Gingerbread Jun 8, 2019

nateavi , Jun 8, 2019 :
    You can toggle the snap camera to the rear and reopen the app. Does the trick.

20. nateavi
    Gingerbread Jun 8, 2019