The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro -Review by Dhruv Weaver

1. EABowden
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 20, 2019

EABowden , May 20, 2019 :
    Thanks for your detailed post. As per the other thread, I'm keen to hear an honest review of the distortion and glare in bright/sun light where the display curves. I've seen youtube reviews where it looks blue or green down the edges on a white background, and in sunlight there is so much glare on the edges of the screen it's basically unusable.

Trista W. and Dhruv Weaver like this.
  2. Dhruv Weaver
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer May 20, 2019

Dhruv Weaver , May 20, 2019 :
    I'll be sure to cover this! I haven't found it to be a big deal, but I'll make it clear what it's like to use before people make a purchase decision.

3. EABowden
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 20, 2019

EABowden , May 20, 2019 :
    Thanks D

The more photos the better, indoors and out.

It's a beast of a phone. The blue is a fab colour, but a distorted or unviewable screen is an immediate deal breaker for me. I've been hearing worrying things about battery life too

Dhruv Weaver likes this.
  4. Dhruv Weaver

Yep, I'll let you know about all of that. I can tell you right now though that I get consistently 7+ hrs of SOT. Its actually really good!

5. zoya4u
    Donut May 20, 2019

zoya4u , May 20, 2019 :
    If you are going to copy Shame-sung? Then sorry OP good by forever. And what is that fk carved display. People hate carved display because, you can't put screen guard.

6. MarkoBatrac
    Honeycomb May 20, 2019

MarkoBatrac , May 20, 2019 :
    When you comparing screen on op5 and op7 pro ,inside/outside,, which one is better ? visibility etc.. Thanks

Dhruv Weaver likes this.
  7. KeepTransisting

KeepTransisting , May 20, 2019 :
    Why are you spamming this in multiple threads?

Dhruv Weaver likes this.
  8. Dhruv Weaver

Will do[e]1f44d[/e]

9. Venky61
    Jelly Bean May 22, 2019

Venky61 , May 22, 2019 :
    Gorgeous pictures and great start. Good to hear that the FPS is fast as the one on 5.
    In the unboxing it is clear that the USB-C to 3.5mm dongle has not been provided, and as you were a 1+5 user am assuming you must be having a wired earphone. Any comments on that?

PS: Can you tell me where you got that grey background in the unboxing pictures. Loved it. :)

Nebula Blue looks stunning in the pictures. I recently suggested one of my friend to make floating phone pictures for his review, and too see them here is delightful :)

Can you share more details about the screen and build. Is it slippery and if its easy to hold with one hand. Also what's your take on the durability now that they have curved display.

buntycubal and Dhruv Weaver like this.
  10. Dhruv Weaver
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer May 22, 2019

Dhruv Weaver , May 22, 2019 :
    Thanks for you questions! So about the headphone jack adapter... I'm really disappointed that they wouldn't include one AND the price for one of them increased. I will say though that this phone is jam-packed with features and functions, some of which probably take up all of the space in the phone, so I wouldn't say they should have brought it back. But it's ridiculous that they wouldn't include one, and then they increase the cost. Personally though I have been using One plus Bullets Wireless earbuds for almost a year now, so I don't really miss the headphone jack. I do sound design for a theatre, and I'm sure there will come a time when not having a common audio interfacing port will bite me, but I haven't touched the headphone jack on my OP5 in a while. It's frustrating, but not deal breaking in my opinion.

That grey background is just a standard art cutting board that I've had forever. I have absolutely no idea where I got it, but you can probably find one at an art store or on Amazon. And thanks for your kind words about my photos!!

And now for your question about the build and screen. I have fairly large hands so your millage may vary, but I find it easy to hold in one hand, it's very very comfortable; it feels like it was designed by people who actually use phones. It is heavier, at 206 grams I believe, but not to the point where it is awkward, I actually think it makes it better to use. The glass is not as slippery as I expected. Even with my dry-ish hands, I find that it grips my fingers way better than the aluminum of previous OnePlus phones. I'm pretty sure that they have the matte finish on the underside of the glass, so it feels pretty much like regular glass on the back. But it is glass and it is way more prone to breaking, so I have been using a carbon fiber case that they sent me, and it is actually very grippy.

I am a little worried about the durability of the screen, I see way too many broken S9's and S8's (and everything in between) so I'm hoping that the device can stand up to an accidental drop or too. I'm very careful with my devices so I take care of them, but you never know what might happen. So either way I would get a case, and as much as it sucks to not be able to enjoy that Nebula Blue, I think the sacrifice may be worth it.

I hope this helps you with your decision!

Trista W. and Venky61 like this.
  11. Venky61
    Jelly Bean May 23, 2019

Venky61 , May 23, 2019 :
    Thanks for our detailed reply :)

onepluscsylc and Dhruv Weaver like this.
  12. Dhruv Weaver
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer May 23, 2019

13. guglumithu
    Donut May 28, 2019

guglumithu , May 28, 2019 :
    Does the screen protector included while measuring thickness, which is 8.8 mm mentioned

14. publictalent46
    Cupcake May 28, 2019

publictalent46 , May 28, 2019 :
    one plus 7pro have many bugs like when I play videos in One plus gallery videos are playing half screen only please add some basic feature in galley @OnePlus

15. onepluscsylc
    Cupcake May 28, 2019

16. onepluslc
    Cupcake May 28, 2019

17. G_Dinesh_Sharma_xfgE
    Cupcake May 28, 2019

18. G_anas_vt_eGdK
    Gingerbread May 28, 2019

19. Z1558358660050
    Cupcake May 28, 2019

Z1558358660050 , May 28, 2019 :
    Hey Dhruv... am not very happy with the Battery back up... it drains out really fast. The one and only drawback i found in this mobile.
    Other than adjusting the Brightness or changing the refresh rate..

20. SaiKalyan999
    Eclair May 28, 2019

Last edited: May 28, 2019