[The Lab] OnePlus 7 Pro Review - dnagpaldg

1. Hydra Bob Starting Point Expert May 23, 2019

Hydra Bob, May 23, 2019 :
    It's been mentioned a few times but it's kind of gotten lost in all the hype about everything else. I'd be interested to see some tests too I don't think anyone's gotten around to that yet.

Haha wtf? Beats me that's the first I'm seeing that too.

Lei Z. likes this.
  2. elanglois Lollipop May 23, 2019

elanglois, May 23, 2019 :
    they need to let me do a review. I'd certainly have all the Speedtest you can imagine. And certainly not just running some stupid antutu benchmark.

I guess on the laser is that it's a Laser Rangefinder for the cameras

Hydra Bob likes this.
  3. NiharChandak Donut May 23, 2019

NiharChandak, May 23, 2019 :
    My camera pics are not very clear.. They look hazy. Same is true with portrait mode and video mode. Is someone else facing the problem? The only positive about camera I found is is nightscape mode..
    plz help me out.

4. JelleZon KitKat May 23, 2019

JelleZon, May 23, 2019 :
    Is the notifications Center with quick settings on DARK MODE finally real black? Not Just Grey? On my 6t with latest Beta its still Grey ...

5. dnagpaldg The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer May 23, 2019

dnagpaldg, May 23, 2019 :
    The quick settings pane is still grey.
    Are you on the latest update? I have not seen hazy pictures on the phone yet, the OIS+EIS does its job well.
    The OnePlus 7 Pro has Laser Autofocus for the rear cameras. That is the laser sensor.

6. NiharChandak Donut May 23, 2019

NiharChandak, May 23, 2019 :
    Yes. I'm on the latest version. As soon as i bought the phone, i received an update of around 600MB which i did.. n checked it again if i have missed anything.

7. BigD23 Eclair May 24, 2019

BigD23, May 24, 2019 :
    this would be great, if the TMobile version was the same as unlocked and had all of the same features

8. BigD23 Eclair May 24, 2019

BigD23, May 24, 2019 :
    Fnatic mode is not available on TMobile version

9. DARTH 007 KitKat May 24, 2019

DARTH 007, May 24, 2019 :
    what is your comment on ghost touching and the zoom issue.
    it's all over the news and real

10. mp.sanu Cupcake May 24, 2019

mp.sanu, May 24, 2019 :
    Is the 3x zoom and 10 layer cooling in one plus 7 pro a lie? There are a few videos on YouTube on this subject. Can someone clarify?

11. Y1537540350852 Froyo May 24, 2019

Y1537540350852, May 24, 2019 :
    hey, anyone checked the SOT WHEN display is set to 60Hz .since I've heard from many users that ON average SOT OF 7 PRO IS AROUND 4.5 AT BEST SINCE 90Hz display and Quad Hd display uses battery extensively... Anyone try using at 60hz since 4000mah gotta run through whole day!!!

12. Krishrox Donut May 25, 2019

Krishrox, May 25, 2019 :
    Youtubers were saying that you're faking things like 3x optical zoom,and 10 layer cooling chamber.
    What if you say 2.2x was the optical lens does it bothers even with oneplus 5 did the same thing.
    if you do marketing and advertising the things in this way, you may lose customers and loyalty.
    im a big fan of Oneplus after Nokia.
    But i would say things needed to be considered the oneplus 7pro fast and smooth, elegant look, miscellaneous features, warp charge, stereo speakers, and performance indeed
    "THE FLAGSHIP KILLER"
    But because of the lies it turns out "FLAGSHIP LIAR"

Answer to dump the speculations or dont to accept the hypothesis as truth.

Its on you #oneplus.

13. Krishrox Donut May 25, 2019

Krishrox, May 25, 2019 :

mp.sanu

Is the 3x zoom and 10 layer cooling in one plus 7 pro a lie? There are a few videos on YouTube on this subject. Can someone clarify?​

Its true they themselves accepted the truth actually the telephoto lens one that is used for portraits are 2.2x zoom and 0.8 is the digital zoom.
    Telephoto lens is with 13 megapixel samsung camera
    when you shot with the portrait it takes the pixels from the 13mp and turns to 8 mp .
    what ever they were advertising is fake 3x is not a telephoto lens
    coming to the point of 10 layer cooling system when jerryrig dug into the phone he counted all those but he found out lasting 8 , thats also his considerations

Last edited: May 25, 2019

mp.sanu likes this.
  14. mp.sanu Cupcake May 25, 2019

mp.sanu, May 25, 2019 :
    Thanks for the quick reply!

Krishrox likes this.
  15. elanglois Lollipop May 26, 2019

elanglois, May 26, 2019 :
    Well, the cable with the phone looks like it has the proper pins for USB 3, but a quick MTP file transfer shows only 16MB/s. An lsusb -t shows a 480M device, not a 5000M device (as my USB 3 SSD is listed as). Plugging in the drive into the phone is giving around 25MB/s and the OTG adapter is USB 3.

I'm recommending WiFi such as the Web based interface in FX File Manager for transferring files as it appears that the USB 3 is a lie

16. elanglois Lollipop May 26, 2019

Yes and no. It's LOSSLESS zoom. Digital zoom is lossy. Using the 12MP sensor as an 8MP one (cropped) means you get the zoom without loss of detail, just fewer pixels. 8MP is plenty for 4K. The rest is optical zoom.

So, its not 3x optical zoom. Its not digital zoom. Its mostly optical and a quick crop of the sensor.

Android450 likes this.
  17. Krishrox Donut May 26, 2019

Krishrox, May 26, 2019 :
    Sir, its actually 13 MP not 12 MP and its a Samsung's camera,. it takes out with 8 MP and use other 5 MP for details in picture..yeah i know about that all the phones out there including iphone does that but know something if you naked the things , may be that would be transparency thing . people wouldnt have reacted like this

ONEPLUS IS ABOUT COMMUNITY TRUST.

what happens if you show up all the secrets and whats the difference of asking community.

Yes i do accept it a great camera with that gorgeous display the pictures that come out of it is superb and i tested over other phones.

I do have another question what about cooling chamber
    Does it have 10 layer?

18. elanglois Lollipop May 26, 2019

Ugh ... Its not a lie. Quit splitting hairs.

And who gives a flying FLIP about the layer count in the cooling system? Are you really going to compare the counts and call one better for having a higher count? More than likely its about what is counted as a layer. Did the 8 layer guy count the PCB itself? the case? the screen? the air? These all dissipate heat.

Quit trying to find fault and enjoy the damn phone.

Android450 likes this.
  19. Krishrox Donut May 26, 2019

Krishrox, May 26, 2019 :
    i think you were desperate to say about things

Its been seen through your message you haven't read that as i supported the camera and especially i praised oneplus
    I think you havent earn that pride
    Good luck brother
    Marketing the things with all the truths is more important than hiding things
    I firmly believe in loyalty.

Again im telling you clearly its the beast in every aspect
    In terms of camera it nailed over the i phone x max, PERFORMANCE ahead over the phones out there, and price no 2000 dollars price tag
    thats the oneplus i hope you didnt understand my conversation may take some time for you

20. elanglois Lollipop May 26, 2019

I have no idea what you are saying.